is fighting over outposts really worth it or a waste of turns

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
rRr
Admiral

Re: is fighting over outposts really worth it or a waste of turns

Post#31 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:27 am

ChiptheFish wrote:
Ghost666 wrote:I actually DONT LIKE outposts...i have a life outside SWC and to have to sync attacks with squad is taxing my family and professional lives...i would prefer to have 24h to attack...but no bonuses...just my own schedule!

Agree on the timing issue. Our squad has never tried to coordinate our attacks and I've never suggested it because we're all on different life schedules, timezones, and it seems like many have healthy IRL activities ( you know: jobs, school, mates, kids, exercise...). We win often and we don't coordinate - and I'm happy with that. When we loose to an obviously well coordinated team (i.e. they grab all the outposts and hammer us inside of 30 minutes) I just chalk it up as the cost of avoiding having a game dominate all my time.

Regarding eliminating the outposts... I could go either way. I do like the variety the randomness of the outposts bring to the match. And it's also one of the major incentives I have found for unlocking the different planets, which I think might be the main purpose of their existence; previously I almost ignored the other planets. (although the unit unlocks help as well with that, but not as much for me)

I hate outposts for the same reason as you two guys. The need of heavy organization (with cooperation of very poor in game possibilities to communicate).

I was thinking how to solve it, and only thing that came into my mind was some sort of cooldown, that outpost cannot be taken for xy minutes after it has changed its owner. That could slow it abit, while keeping outpost bonuses and also keeping the extra tactical element of when to take what outpost.

That is, however only early idea of non developer, so I might be totally wrong :)
Empire HQ X, 30 000+ medals, contrabant addict.
Proud officer of Sith-Society
we have currently 2 open slots,
take your chance to be in same squad as "UCL Tracker" chat family founder
;)
LINE: rrr-firstlorder

Ghost666
Major General

Post#32 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:11 am

rRr wrote:I was thinking how to solve it, and only thing that came into my mind was some sort of cooldown, that outpost cannot be taken for xy minutes after it has changed its owner. That could slow it abit, while keeping outpost bonuses and also keeping the extra tactical element of when to take what outpost.

That is, however only early idea of non developer, so I might be totally wrong :)

Problem is this is not a "bug" but a feature "by design"...so it wont be "solved".

The need to act quickly will increase crystals spending...and this is the driving force behind outposts...not the need to improve offense...

I could suggest another checkbox that allowed a squad to state it wanted to fight WITHOUT OUTPOSTs...similar to the "Civil War" checkbox...with eventual effect on matchmaking time...

As a side note...our squad does organize ad-hoc combat groups...from 3 or 4 players tha happen to be online at the same time...i have to admit is is actually FUN...but i still think it is not NECESSARY and due to MY PERSONAL LIFE i would prefer not having to do it!
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto

SnowFox
Commander

Post#33 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:43 pm

Bringing up an old topic... Curious to know what the buff percentages are for Tak and Tattooine? Does anyone know how much of a damage increase it is for those outposts?

DeathStriker

Post#34 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:52 pm

SnowFox wrote:Bringing up an old topic... Curious to know what the buff percentages are for Tak and Tattooine? Does anyone know how much of a damage increase it is for those outposts?

SnowFox - Here is all the OP Info you need to know....

1. Dandoran - Defense - Non-Hero Units Health Regenerate (Buff: +40% / 1.5 sec)
  2. Er'Kit - Defense - Walls and HQ Have Increased Healthpoints (Buff: +100%)
  3. Hoth - Defense - Shield Generators and DekA and DekO have Regenerative Shields (Buff: +18% / 1.5 sec)
  4. Takodana - Attack - Non-Hero Infantry Deal Increased Damage (Buff: +500%)
  5. Tatooine - Attack - Non-Hero Vehicle Deal Increased Damage (Buff: +400%)
  6. Yavin 4 - Attack - Starfighters Deal Increased Damage (Buff: +150%)
Helping Forum Members Is What I Do...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

SithVicious
Lieutenant

Post#35 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:11 pm

Ghost666 wrote:I actually DONT LIKE outposts...i have a life outside SWC and to have to sync attacks with squad is taxing my family and professional lives...i would prefer to have 24h to attack...but no bonuses...just my own schedule!

best advice: fight w/o OP or just for fun against OP. You can take your time, improve your skills and it's more fun than this tako / tatooine shootouts.... Most squads are active on line, so there is always a chance for an agreement, and also there exists a line group for No OP wars already... Try and error... But this is the real game :-)

W/o OP ( line agreement):

1523737107582.jpg

against OP (just for fun):

1523736914058.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ghost666
Major General

Post#36 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:36 am

SithVicious wrote:

best advice: fight w/o OP or just for fun against OP. You can take your time, improve your skills and it's more fun than this tako / tatooine shootouts.... Most squads are active on line, so there is always a chance for an agreement, and also there exists a line group for No OP wars already... Try and error... But this is the real game :-)

W/o OP ( line agreement):

1523737107582.jpg

against OP (just for fun):

1523736914058.jpg

Thanks. Guy in our squad goes and returns from an event like this...i would do it also, probably a few months back...

Now i am just cruising along...no real motivation for game or additional effort...bored out ;)

Better games exist...or at least ones where i am still far from saturation point...
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”