[SQUAD WARS] New Feature - Same Faction Matchmaking

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Re: [SQUAD WARS] New Feature - Same Faction Matchmaking

Post#31 » Thu May 03, 2018 7:19 am

There used to be same faction wars, but the last one is well over one year ago. My squad had quite a few in its day, but I think this option only exists in memory.
Proud Officer of Squad_Tedford <Perks L50>, relaxed though very powerful ksod top-100 squad, great war record, sharp donations and longtime players, L9 and up. Worldwide English speaking squad, PM me if interested 8-)

DeathStriker

Post#32 » Thu May 03, 2018 7:42 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:There used to be same faction wars, but the last one is well over one year ago. My squad had quite a few in its day, but I think this option only exists in memory.

DarthBratzzznew - The "Option" still exists when you Pick / Initate War but getting a "Same Faction Match" is another matter entirely.

Supposily this "Feature" will speed up Matchmaking, but my experience has been that I have never been Matched with a Rebel Squad and there has been no "improvement" to the latest "lag" in getting Matched (seems it is getting longer and longer - but perhaps that is just me).

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

jaybinx
Captain

Post#33 » Thu May 03, 2018 7:49 am

my smaller base gets matched with rebel vs rebel quite often lately, i'd say 50% the last month or so. our squad has a big mix of members from a few high lvl 10s to 3s... we have to wait many hours for a match normally
Jedi-Warlords

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#34 » Fri May 04, 2018 3:47 am

DeathStriker wrote:
DarthBratzzznew wrote:There used to be same faction wars, but the last one is well over one year ago. My squad had quite a few in its day, but I think this option only exists in memory.

DarthBratzzznew - The "Option" still exists when you Pick / Initate War but getting a "Same Faction Match" is another matter entirely.

Supposily this "Feature" will speed up Matchmaking, but my experience has been that I have never been Matched with a Rebel Squad and there has been no "improvement" to the latest "lag" in getting Matched (seems it is getting longer and longer - but perhaps that is just me).

That is probably because there are fewer rebel squads out there DS... My guess is that this feature only functioned for Imp squads, though rebels could tick the box. Not sure.
Maybe a nice Question of the Day:
Have there ever been rebel vs rebel wars? :?:

Skip that one just red the post above :lol:
Proud Officer of Squad_Tedford <Perks L50>, relaxed though very powerful ksod top-100 squad, great war record, sharp donations and longtime players, L9 and up. Worldwide English speaking squad, PM me if interested 8-)

FelixKostobi
Captain

Post#35 » Fri May 04, 2018 4:34 am

I 've been in a couple of "civil" wars with another rebel squad but was months ago. Last few months, we get matched almost instantly with tough imp squads. We have a great team but not strong enough to fight againsts squads of mostly maxed 10s yet :). My guess is that (as an interpretetion of ksod stats as well) is that the current MM system has driven to formation of new squads from experienced players that still do wars and others for casual players who don't and therefore not registered in ksod. Of course there are still squads that do wars for the sake of it without expectations but have only seen such on the rebel side and not matched against an imp one. I agree that a NO OP option would be much more realistic and useful.
HQ10 Rebel only, 58k medals and counting, founder of Rebel4Ever

If you want to play squad wars seriously, feel free to join us!

http://ksod.us/squad/0c200967-cf87-11e7-a9d4-0a580a2c1020/history

LINE ID : fcostov

DeathStriker

Post#36 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:14 am

Sons_of_Death (SOD) Squad was just matched for a Same Faction Squad War (Rebel vs Rebel).

This brings up the question, just how many Squads out there make use of this SWC "Feature" and how everyone feels about attacking another Squad that is part of their Faction?

Revitalizing the conversation on this Topic...

Velorum
Officer

Post#37 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:51 am

DeathStriker wrote:Sons_of_Death (SOD) Squad was just matched for a Same Faction Squad War (Rebel vs Rebel).

This brings up the question, just how many Squads out there make use of this SWC "Feature" and how everyone feels about attacking another Squad that is part of their Faction?

Revitalizing the conversation on this Topic...

is that means that from now same squad mm is real? Newer got same side enemy .

DeathStriker

Post#38 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:20 pm

Velorum wrote:is that means that from now same squad mm is real? Newer got same side enemy .

Velorum - YES... see the Main Topic Post for more information.

rawrebel
Commodore

Post#39 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:14 pm

Well, in over 150 wars my squad had the first match against another rebel squad, after 6 hrs of MM, personaly i would prefer empire squad in Mm, but seem like more and more players are quitting the game.

This is not a good sign about the health of the game,imo...

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”