Poll: Which side is better: Rebels or Empire?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.

Poll: Which side is better: Rebel or Empire?

Rebel
33%
Empire
67%
Total votes: 3060

Rebels6

Re: Poll: Which side is better: Rebels or Empire?

Post#191 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:07 pm

Rebels are poor

runepenin
Cadet Trooper

Post#192 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:47 am

lost empire base, starting over as a rebel

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#193 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:37 pm

ArtyDeco wrote:The last time I played Commander regularly, in 2016, I was part of the Rebel Alliance. At that time it seemed pretty clear to me that those playing the Empire had distinct advantages based upon the programming of the game. Having very little money to build up my base defenses, I decided on a strategy of attacking low-level imperial bases using just Han Solo (level six), one R2 med unit to protect him, and five or six rebel troopers to clean up. I scored tons of wins this way, and was able to enjoy the game.

But this time around?! Holy CRIPES!! I decided to play the Empire, hoping to enjoy the same advantages as had my previous competitors, only to discover that the advantages now went drastically the other way! Moreover, the new algorithm forbade attacking low level bases. I've been playing heavily and steadily for three months and I STILL don't have the Imperial equivalent of the medical R2 unit, or ANY of the barracks and factory-based troops to defend my base. I mean, even at level 10 my base is a sitting duck. It's ridiculous. And it seems I'm stuck playing the Empire on this device, a laptop, despite having uninstalled the game software and then re-installed it.

If I were to create a partition on my hard drive and install the game THERE, could I switch to the Rebel Alliance?

I think that all you discovered is that it's hard being on either side. Neither side is favored by the devs, imo. There may be temporary periods when one side gets a small bump, or has an easier learning curve, but on the whole it is fairly balanced.

CoolGuy
Major General

Post#194 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:51 pm

I'm a Rebel but I voted Empire purely due to the fact that the Empire has far better GR units. If the Rebels just got one strong unit that could be buffed then the game would be balanced.

thecursedpit
Squadron Leader

Post#195 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:47 am

CoolGuy wrote:I'm a Rebel but I voted Empire purely due to the fact that the Empire has far better GR units. If the Rebels just got one strong unit that could be buffed then the game would be balanced.

Seriously? Reserves are so easy to pull and lure away so you can kill them without them firing 1 shot!!! That really isn't a big advantage unless the attacker doesn't know how to easily kill them.

As for your one strong rebel unit: how about skinned jets? They got 10% more health than skinned jumps and 45% more damage. When facing 22 of those (including sc) that's an enormous advantage no skinned atat or reserve ever compensates for.

CoolGuy
Major General

Post#196 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:14 am

thecursedpit wrote:
CoolGuy wrote:I'm a Rebel but I voted Empire purely due to the fact that the Empire has far better GR units. If the Rebels just got one strong unit that could be buffed then the game would be balanced.

Seriously? Reserves are so easy to pull and lure away so you can kill them without them firing 1 shot!!! That really isn't a big advantage unless the attacker doesn't know how to easily kill them.

As for your one strong rebel unit: how about skinned jets? They got 10% more health than skinned jumps and 45% more damage. When facing 22 of those (including sc) that's an enormous advantage no skinned atat or reserve ever compensates for.

I did say GR, not general units. Skinned jets don't pop out of GR barracks, but skinned snipers do for Imperials.

thecursedpit
Squadron Leader

Post#197 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:11 am

Misunderstood that part, my apologies!!! I see your point, but I keep insisting that it's fairly easy to finish the snipers without them shooting. No idea how you attack, but you should be able to pull sc first with the rebel kubaz unit version (bomb any walls in the way), then tank all the reserves and sc troops with luke.
Ofcourse there are more ways to deal with this instead of luke, you can drop a droid far away which won't move when jets are deployed, then have the jets kill all those troops since they won't shoot back while walking to the droid.
Or drop the droid, use kessen to snipe the sc and any troops walking to the droid, you get the point :)
No shots will be fired by snipers or any other gr while you do this.

CoolGuy
Major General

Post#198 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:23 pm

thecursedpit wrote:Misunderstood that part, my apologies!!! I see your point, but I keep insisting that it's fairly easy to finish the snipers without them shooting. No idea how you attack, but you should be able to pull sc first with the rebel kubaz unit version (bomb any walls in the way), then tank all the reserves and sc troops with luke.
Ofcourse there are more ways to deal with this instead of luke, you can drop a droid far away which won't move when jets are deployed, then have the jets kill all those troops since they won't shoot back while walking to the droid.
Or drop the droid, use kessen to snipe the sc and any troops walking to the droid, you get the point :)
No shots will be fired by snipers or any other gr while you do this.

Agree, I use those tactics on some bases, but when the barracks are well positioned a second wave of snipers will spawn before you can destroy the barracks. That's when you have issues, particularly if the snipers are sitting under yet to be destroyed shields.

GreyDeath73

Post#199 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:05 pm

Rebels are better, simply because I am one, is it the truth, well perhaps. That being said, the Empire has had better equipment ( i.e. ACT-AT and sniper GR w/health droid, speeder bikes, etc. ) most of the games existance.
Rebels have always had to fight higher level Imperials, whereas Imps fight lower level rebels much of the time. As an example, My level 8 HQ never gets to attack level 8 Imperials, instead I have to fight level 10 and premier bases. Whereas, my 8 is fair game to all manor of higher level opponents.
The only game levelling addition has been the rebel sniper in our GR ( about time devs ) otherwise, the game is an Imp playground. My thoughts on the matter, cheers!

Return to “General Discussions”