Poll: Which side is better: Rebels or Empire?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.

Poll: Which side is better: Rebel or Empire?

Rebel
33%
Empire
67%
Total votes: 2950

darthdoodie
Commodore

Re: Poll: Which side is better: Rebels or Empire?

Post#181 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:19 pm

Boog wrote:Sure it is, and rebels almost certainly are attacked less because imps draw dev bases on every planet except Tat. And during events, Imps that want EP are skipping live bases for dev bases to get certain hundos. Sorry, it's just not true that the balance is stacked against the rebels.

I never said balance is stacked against rebs. I have stated previously this isn't the case.
Your use of historical defense wins does not show this though. If you have D wins vs D losses, thats a better measure.
How did you come to the conclusion Rebs are attacked less than Imps?
My experience shows the exact opposite.
Leaderboards consistenly show Rebs with high D wins in conflicts (and not just Hoth) indicating they are attacked often. Other than the odd Tat or Erk leaderboard, Imps usually dont score big D wins in conflict.

Medusa
Squadron Leader

Post#182 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:53 am

this poll pointless as it is lacks the obvious option
rebel
empire
Disney
my money is on the last faction

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#183 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:48 am

Medusa wrote:this poll pointless as it is lacks the obvious option
rebel
empire
Disney
my money is on the last faction

Lol
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

StrikerRebel
Captain

Post#184 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:52 am

boog, trust me, high level imps with much experience how to attack will have strategy´s to bring down every rebel base with 3 star win, without using full air...think about that "imp sc snipers will do the rest" if you dont know what I mean, ask some high experienced imps...thats it

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#185 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:08 pm

That certainly isn’t the norm even with experienced imp players. Each faction has its gods but those numbers are low and probably even lower on the imp side. There’s very little forgiveness for dropping jumps in the wrong spot or poor timing against many tough rebel bases. No doubt rebels have their challenges too. The real question here is what takes more strategy and is more forgiving if messed up, luring four rodians or deploying stronger jets? I have to go by average factional defensive wins to answer that.

StrikerRebel
Captain

Post#186 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:44 am

hey plagueis, the same loop as every time.... my jets are Level 10 and buffed with Level 8. 1 Burst buffed level 10 will take it out with 1 shot, what you are talking about ?

Defenders
Commodore

Post#187 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:24 am

StrikerRebel wrote:hey plagueis, the same loop as every time.... my jets are Level 10 and buffed with Level 8. 1 Burst buffed level 10 will take it out with 1 shot, what you are talking about ?

True Striker, Imps have it easier when it comes to defense. I have a Hq 10 Imp base w/ lvl 9 turrets and Rodians in SC+GR I win almost every time. I usually string 5-6-7 if I'm on Er'Kit or Tatooine, meanwhile on my main base I don't win in general.
ActiveDonatorYMW PERK:MAX
HQ9 Faction:Rebel HQ10 Faction:IMP
Windows Survivor

ArtyDeco
Storm Trooper

Post#188 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:49 pm

The last time I played Commander regularly, in 2016, I was part of the Rebel Alliance. At that time it seemed pretty clear to me that those playing the Empire had distinct advantages based upon the programming of the game. Having very little money to build up my base defenses, I decided on a strategy of attacking low-level imperial bases using just Han Solo (level six), one R2 med unit to protect him, and five or six rebel troopers to clean up. I scored tons of wins this way, and was able to enjoy the game.

But this time around?! Holy CRIPES!! I decided to play the Empire, hoping to enjoy the same advantages as had my previous competitors, only to discover that the advantages now went drastically the other way! Moreover, the new algorithm forbade attacking low level bases. I've been playing heavily and steadily for three months and I STILL don't have the Imperial equivalent of the medical R2 unit, or ANY of the barracks and factory-based troops to defend my base. I mean, even at level 10 my base is a sitting duck. It's ridiculous. And it seems I'm stuck playing the Empire on this device, a laptop, despite having uninstalled the game software and then re-installed it.

If I were to create a partition on my hard drive and install the game THERE, could I switch to the Rebel Alliance?

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#189 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:58 pm

ArtyDeco wrote:The last time I played Commander regularly, in 2016, I was part of the Rebel Alliance. At that time it seemed pretty clear to me that those playing the Empire had distinct advantages based upon the programming of the game. Having very little money to build up my base defenses, I decided on a strategy of attacking low-level imperial bases using just Han Solo (level six), one R2 med unit to protect him, and five or six rebel troopers to clean up. I scored tons of wins this way, and was able to enjoy the game.

But this time around?! Holy CRIPES!! I decided to play the Empire, hoping to enjoy the same advantages as had my previous competitors, only to discover that the advantages now went drastically the other way! Moreover, the new algorithm forbade attacking low level bases. I've been playing heavily and steadily for three months and I STILL don't have the Imperial equivalent of the medical R2 unit, or ANY of the barracks and factory-based troops to defend my base. I mean, even at level 10 my base is a sitting duck. It's ridiculous. And it seems I'm stuck playing the Empire on this device, a laptop, despite having uninstalled the game software and then re-installed it.

If I were to create a partition on my hard drive and install the game THERE, could I switch to the Rebel Alliance?

If I understood correctly, you were a pre-armory level 10 player, and you just started over, and rushed your base to Level 10, with no Armory equipment and no Elite Units unlocked? Forget your past experience and what you learned. SWC is all about Armory now. Rush HQ is a fatal error. The Imperial Astromedic is a rare unit with frags available only from time to time in specific Death Star Events.

The problem is not the faction you are playing, but the matchmaking that puts you to fight bases stronger than you, and if you don't have any Armory equipment to attack and defend, you are dead, doomed to eat the devil's bread in this game for the rest of your life.

If you love your HQ 10 Imperial and have high Level troops, start with another Imperial account in another device, start a mini base (don't build any extra turrets, traps, shields, any building you don't need), donate your HQ 10 troops to your new base to attack and defend, and upgrade only your attack until reach HQ 6.

At Level 6, stay at level 6 for months, or how long you have to, build a few extra turrets and shields to help you win any Bronzium Crate in Heroic Defenses for more Armory units. Play conflicts, Events, complete Objectives for more Armory units, do this on a daily basis, and forget about social life.

In about 4 months you'll have a strong Armory to attack and defend, and if you keep your base as minimalist as possible, you will keep being matched with easy rivals.

You can create multiple accounts in the same device. It's a bit little complicated, but works. You can run virtual machines or Android Emulators (I use Bluestacks and NOX, but there are many other Emulators), and create multiple Facebook/Google/iOS accounts to sync with any SWC account you have.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

SnarfVader
Squadron Leader

Post#190 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:13 am

I voted rebel, for one simple reason.... Hoth taun-taun barracks skins. I don't care how good you are as an Empire player, or how much crap you've unlocked, I haven't figured out a loadout that can beat friggin bases defended by taun-tauns. Yep, the same creatures that got one-shot by a wampa, and froze to death in TESB can stop pretty much any heavy artillery or troops employed by the Empire. Sounds legit, right? :roll:

Return to “General Discussions”