What REBEL unit composition do you prefer?

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
Midge
Admiral

Re: What REBEL unit composition do you prefer?

Post#51 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:25 pm

Joffray wrote:
Midge wrote:That is a pretty good loadout Joffray ... I would encrouage you to try it with a jug to blow shields faster and drop heavy med for jets to not have to deal with walls. I think the most important switch I ever made in the game was dropping down to two meds for Luke so I could load up on other things.

I like the creativity though and will try it a bit, if I can not lose my mind watching my idiot heavies shooting walls. Trust me, you start facing people with all level 9 and level 10 walls and those take FOREVER to bust.

I definitely understand. However, with the perks, the walls actually go down really fast and they take down shields quicker than you can imagine. 30% is pretty significant if you watch them in action.

But they likely have their walls perked too ... kind of nullifying it. Not saying it doesn't work some ... I just can't see like 5 heavies two meds more than 5 Jets.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : 100k+ Medals : Joined the Rebellion 12/28/2015

MarxHayek
Storm Trooper

Post#52 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:39 pm

Level 10, my loadout varies a bit, depending on mood (mine) and whether I'm going for stars, crates, or resources:

Kessen L7
1 or 2 Mercs (alternate Gammorean L4, Dowutin L4, Lugga L6)
1 Jugg L10 or AT-TE L9 (AT-TE is great for taking out droidekkas)
1-2 AT-AP Walkers L 10
6 Jets L10
3-4 Banthas L9 (for baiting)
2-3 Medic Droids L9
1 Van
2-3 HFDs L10
Sometimes 1 bike L9 and/or 1 skiff L9

I try not to use much air, but I always like to have 1 or 2 HWKs, 2 B-wings, 2 X-wings, and an E-50 at the ready. Used to carry some Z-95s but the L8s don't do much these days so I gave up on them. Same think with the L8 A-wing which can damage shields but doesn't take them out anymore these days.

Banthas work good for bait, so I use those and or the gammorean (if I have him) to bait the SC and droidekas. Kessen and/or the AT-TE can take out the droids, and I'll use HWKs and/or jets to help with that and taking out the SC troops. If those are bikes, it can be a pain. Usually takes at least 2 HWKs (if I can hit them just right), or a slew of jets and I usually lose a few. 2 high-level droidekkas and a L10 SC full of bikes means I'm going to have a hard time getting a win unless I can time everything just right.

If there are droidekkas around, Kessen will head straight to them, right into the middle of turrets, shields, whatever and die quickly, so they gotta be out before I deploy him. The AT-TE is tough, can take a beating, but very slow. He has good firepower against everything except shields.

MasterSith
Commander

Post#53 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:16 pm

MarxHayek wrote:Level 10, my loadout varies a bit, depending on mood (mine) and whether I'm going for stars, crates, or resources:

Kessen L7
1-2 AT-AP Walkers L 10
6 Jets L10
2-3 Medic Droids L9
1 Van
2-3 HFDs L10

I try not to use much air, but I always like to have 1 or 2 HWKs, 2 B-wings, 2 X-wings, and an E-50 at the ready. Used to carry some Z-95s but the L8s don't do much these days so I gave up on them. Same think with the L8 A-wing which can damage shields but doesn't take them out anymore these days.

Banthas work good for bait, so I use those and or the gammorean (if I have him) to bait the SC and droidekas. Kessen and/or the AT-TE can take out the droids, and I'll use HWKs and/or jets to help with that and taking out the SC troops. If those are bikes, it can be a pain. Usually takes at least 2 HWKs (if I can hit them just right), or a slew of jets and I usually lose a few. 2 high-level droidekkas and a L10 SC full of bikes means I'm going to have a hard time getting a win unless I can time everything just right.

If there are droidekkas around, Kessen will head straight to them, right into the middle of turrets, shields, whatever and die quickly, so they gotta be out before I deploy him. The AT-TE is tough, can take a beating, but very slow. He has good firepower against everything except shields.

Use Kessen to pull the dekas
Master Sith Level 10 Imperial AssassinY.pestis 142,000+ medals.
Khal Drogo Level 10 Rebel bringing you all under my khalasar iirebelsii, 52000+ medals.

MarxHayek
Storm Trooper

Post#54 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:51 pm

MasterSith wrote:
MarxHayek wrote:Level 10, my loadout varies a bit, depending on mood (mine) and whether I'm going for stars, crates, or resources:

Kessen L7
1-2 AT-AP Walkers L 10
6 Jets L10
2-3 Medic Droids L9
1 Van
2-3 HFDs L10

Use Kessen to pull the dekas

Yea Kessen is a little wonky. If he can't hit both droidekka, or misses, he starts walking straight toward them, even if they are in the middle of shields and heavy turrets. He's quickly gone.

Joffray
Commodore

Post#55 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:23 pm

lv9 Kessnipe lo
Kessen
3 luggas (lv5+ preferably)
7 sharps
2 meds
2 vans
2 banthas
6 rts
1 atrt
Air (rarely necessary though):
4 hwks
4 z95s
2 fangs (or 2 bwings or 2 xwings)
SC (rarely necessary too): jug 2 hails bantha
If you are a player who does not like using heavy air or sc every attack, the sharp med luggas combo is just for you. I use a ruler to line up the shot xD. Luggas do take a while, but precook helps out a lot and they are worth their weight in gold.
Lv9, 26k medals
Alderaan-Memory
We have pizza! :D

...Retired...#armoryisop

Skaldy
Cadet Trooper

Post#56 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:44 am

Level 6 HQ
11 rebel soldiers
5 wookies
3 medical droid
1 TX tank
1 juggernaut
Any number of ships( i prefer Y-wing)
Han or Chewie
i prefer to attack commanders who line up their shield generator or group them together. If base has grouped turrets under lined up generators i sent jugger on that line to take out the closest generator then if turret composition is anti infantry i sent TX from behind if composition is anti vehicle i sent han /chewie with wookies and medical droids. If turrets are closely group i rather hit them with Y-wing to soften up. Then send rebel soldiers to clear up the rest of the zone. If base has separate defensive points i try to hit the HQ one first. Also i must say han slays lots of un protected turrets if supported with med droids, giving one droid to han 2 to wookies i usually end up with least 2 stars. Made it to ultra chrome with this couple of times

SuicideKing
Commodore

Post#57 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:33 am

Skaldy wrote:Level 6 HQ
Any number of ships( i prefer Y-wing)

Hate to break it to you, but Y-wings are garbage. There's not even an argument about preference to mitigate at all how bad they are. Their damage to anything not a trap is simply abysmal.

If you want to hit turrets, use B-wings. Dead in, they'll actually destroy a same level turret, not just soften them up. A single one dropped into a cluster of turrets will soften them up better than a whole squadron of Y-wings. For general purpose, use X-wings or maybe Fangs. X-wings have more single-target damage, but Fangs have a much larger splash and more overall utility.

You'll see much better results with a mix of useful fighters

SuicideKing
Commodore

Post#58 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:16 am

HQ7

6 Heavies

3 Medics

3 TX-225s

1 Vanguard

1 Gamorrean

15 Soldiers

Hero chosen on the fly, depending on base.

Standard air LO is 5 HWKs and 3 Fangs. I don't use that many, but it means I always have some to use while cooking replacements.

Wokkie

Post#59 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:43 pm

What I do is this:
1 juggy. For the shield's.
1 TB-2 tank for looting.
12 rebel soldiers for all around.
3 heavys to help with shield's and walls.
3 meds for strikers.
3 wookiees for striking turrets.
Chewy to clean up the turrets.

Wokkie

Post#60 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:44 pm

What I do is this:
1 juggy. For the shield's.
1 TB-2 tank for looting.
12 rebel soldiers for all around.
3 heavys to help with shield's and walls.
3 meds for strikers.
3 wookiees for striking turrets.
Chewy to clean up the turrets.

Return to “Attacking Rivals”