What REBEL unit composition do you prefer?

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
fetner85

Re: What REBEL unit composition do you prefer?

Post#11 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:02 pm

Ok:
Level 7 HQ:
2 Level 7 Unit Transport, 1 Level 6:

Pay for a few X-Wings (I usually use 2-5 of them, even though I have room for 6 with Level 7 Starship Command)

10 Heavy Soldiers
4 Healer droids
3 Sniper

Chewbacca
Droidekka

-Pay the extra 800 coins each try, find an opponent with over 100k coins to attack and fund this army.

ColemaNation
Cadet Trooper

Post#12 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:41 pm

Recent level 6 here with the redsquadrejects.
Love those heavies.
I run 9 heavies, 5 meds, a pathfinder or two and the rest with troops. Paired with 3 xwings and one each of the bombers with Han or Leia. If the base I'm attacking has outlying structures, I'll hit them with troops and then hit the quickest path to hq with heavies and meds sometimes splitting them in two squads. Once shields are down, air support to either breach walls or takeout rockets and mortars. Rarely do I have to pull from SC.

Having just leveled, as a 4&5, I relied heavily on wookies and donated/requested meds and heavies from my squad mates.
Redsquadrejects rule!
Hope everyone did great this tournament.

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#13 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:50 am

Currently (Level 7, 3xLevel 7 Transports = 96 spaces):
6 Heavies
6 Meds
5 Troopers
1 AT-AP
2 Hailfire Droids
AT-RT (could be exchanged with Sniper or Heavy + 3 Troopers)

+ Han Solo (Sometimes Leia or Chewbaka, then the AT-AP is important)

Droideka (if not in the garage, upgrading... )

X-Wing is used on the SC when the it is unlureable and I manage to get the shields down from the other side.
Sometimes X-Wing on resources.
Sometimes HWK-290 for SC troops.

During attacks, I try to use an average of less than 1 Starship per round to keep building time roughly around 5-7 minutes.

I tried alternatively Kessen + Snipers (+ some troopers) but haven't been too successful yet. Might use it more when my droideka is available again for cleanup purposes.

The juggernaut is supposed to be "repaired" this or the upcoming week. I will surely try it out when it is ready.
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

TheAustin83

Post#14 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:31 pm

I'm at Level 8, and, after my Juggernaut-heavy attacks (which had heretofore carried me to many victories) stopped being effective nearly altogether, I started to experiment, and now I've found great success with the following lineup:

11 Heavy Soldiers
16 Rebel Soldiers
5 Medical Droids
1 Hero (usually Chewie, but occasionally Han)

I went from barely eeking out 1-star wins here and there to consistently gaining 2-stars and more than a few 3-stars.

richrox986

Post#15 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:32 am

Since making it to level 8 I am getting smashed on my attacks!

Any Empire troops seem to just carve through as (with the exception of the sharp shooter) non target them. Also the walls seem to have become unpentratable since the last update!

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#16 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 am

The first thing which I upgraded on level 8 was my hero command. I then researched Luke until level 7 (while upgrading the transports) and then upgraded the research facility.

I use luke (meanwhile lv 8) in nearly all of my attacks now. This adds quite a bit to the build time, but leaves some time to cook donations or get some crystals from TapJoy. Also I often have to wait for a spaceship (usually HWK or Z95) anyway.

Lukes twirl is helpful against concentrated turrets (i.e. when attack corner bases from the corner) or for just buying a bit time to let the Hailfires do their work.

Luke is also helpful when taking out AT-ATs from SCs. Luke has to be the closest unit, then does his twirl and let the heavies kill the AT-AT. (Is tricky though.)

My current transports (lv8 transports):
5 Heavies
5 Medics
1 Wookie
5 Troopers
2 Hailfire Droids
1 Juggernaut
1 AT-RT

+Droideka

Hero: Luke (Leia and Chewie as Backup)
Starship command: 2-3 Z95-HH, 1-2 HWK-290, 1-2: B-Wings

The AT-RT (lv7) has proven quite useful to remove "distractions" for heavies.
The wookie is needed for baiting SCs (often need to use Z95 on walls first though).

I need the many Z95s because they're still at lv 6. The recent nerf to Z95 (and now B-Wing) will block my research queue for some weeks.
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

BertO
Major General

Post#17 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:03 pm

Level Seven HQ, still getting everything up to scratch.

Chewie
5 Troopers
1 Vanguard
2 HFDs
1 Sharpshooter
5 Heavies
4 Meds
1 Jugg

2 Z95s
1 HWK
1 X-Wing

Level 10 Deka

And an SC full of surprises...

And yeah, probably shouldn't keep on taking on HQ9 crew with my Level 4 Star command....
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Live long and prosper.

pricotu

Post#18 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:01 pm

All level 8
Chewbacca
2 Jetpack Troopers
9 Heavy Soldiers
4 Medic Droids
4 Wookiees
3 Rebel Soldiers
1 A-Wing
2 B-Wings
1 X-Wing

May the Force be with you! Join Jedis-do-Brasil

CORE
Captain

Post#19 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:47 pm

I like simple. But I'm also just moving into level 5

1 Chewie
1 Medic droid
2 Wookies
39 Rebel Soldiers
2 X-Wing

So far so good as long as I pick and choose who I attack.
At BrowncoatsWash, we aim to misbehave. Rebels who want to stay on top of their game are welcome to join.
Join for the fun, stay for the friendship. Promo Video Here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1zFmHgiPRs

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#20 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:31 am

Currently Level 8 Units and lv 9 Transports (=108 units):

4 Rebel Soldiers,
2 Bantha Riders
1 Vanguard
4 Medic Droids
7 Heavies
1 Juggernaut
1 Skiff
1 Vanguard

Hero: Luke (Chewie as Backup)

SC (usually as "insurance")

Spaceships:
2 x Z95 lv8 (usually used, when luring SCs)
2 x B-Wing lv7
1 x X-Wing (combined anti-SC, looting or for last percent to 50)
1 x HWK (Anti-Sniper)

Typical Spaceship use is Z95 (if needed) and/or a B-Wing.

I tried an alternative mech loadout (inspired by Dirt Divers youtube videos) but lv8:
10 x Rebel Troopers
2 x Pathfinders (still lv6)
1 x Vanguard
1 x Gamorrean Warrior (alternatively: 4 Banthas)
2 x Juggernauts
4 x Hailfire Droids
2 x Skiffs

Hero:
R2D2

SC: (relatively often used)
Juggernaut, Hailfire, Heavy
(Better SC9 with Juggernaut + 2x Hailfire+ Bantha)

Air:
(Same as above, but Z-95 were basically not needed. B-Wing and occasionally HWK are useful.)

Still not convinced about the mech loadout at lv8 (against middle/high lv 9). But was nice for a change.

Return to “Attacking Rivals”