Stuck on level 5 HQ, can't turn profit on attacks

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
Dasploteriet
Cadet Trooper

Stuck on level 5 HQ, can't turn profit on attacks

Post#1 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:21 pm

Rebel side, I was blazing through the game, raking in the chapter monies, and upgrading everything! Mistimed and couldn't upgrade anything else till my HQ got to level 5. I was killing it, mostly 3 star wins. Then I hit chapter 11, that requires 3 level 6 barracks, which requires a level 6 HQ. So off to attack rivals I go. But I can't win, all of the bases with loot I get defeated, tried several combos and strategies with my troops and heros. The bases I can win against, which isn't as many, tend to have fewer resources making the attack a net loser. I'm throwing xwings, which cost a fortune and take forever, and I still can't win. I feel stuck here, what am I missing? Any way out of this without crystals?

Python6
Commodore

Re: Stuck on level 5 HQ, can't turn profit on attacks

Post#2 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:40 pm

Little trick is to check out the potential medal win for a successful attack on the left side of the screen when scouting a base. Generally a base with medal reward greater than 12 is going to be more challenging to defeat. Big resource bases are also generally high level defense bases that will be hard to beat with your forces. Pick your foe and use the skip button to find an opponent you match up with in terms of force. Better to win with a reasonable loot haul than faceplant with nothing to show for it. Know how much your load out costs and don't attack a base if you don't have a reasonable expectation to cover your load out costs when resources are low. if you are in a squad post some of your replays for your squad mates to review and they might have tips on where you are having problems in your attack strategy. if you aren't in a squad or your squad isn't able to do that find one that can. There are plenty of good squads with experienced players that can help always looking for active players to fill their ranks.
Officer ImperialNWA Andriod / IOS Imperial Squad. If you are a new / developing player check out our developmental squads ImperialNWA_II and ImperialNWA_III.
LINE ID is python6swc

maxthevizsla

Post#3 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:03 pm

find a foe with a lot of alloy and hit their depots with air strikes. Even if you lose the battle, you'll walk away with a lot of loot

Tapir

Post#4 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:15 pm

What are you attacking with?

At HQ 5 I was using 6 wookies,,,,the rest basic infantry,,, and Chewbacca.

Not difficult at all to make cash.

Don't worry about stars,,,,,,just pick the bases where resources easy to get

You should be able to make every 5 min and take it in.

Josh
Commodore

Post#5 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:58 pm

Just battle a lot. don't worry about x-wings. I would only focus on medals and after attacking a lot your storages will get full.
May The Force Be With You,
Josh

LDeVose2
Commodore

Post#6 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:41 pm

1. Make sure your troops are researched to your base level. Actually, the ones you use. Don't worry about the others until you start getting more resources.
2. I don't choose my targets. I take what the system assigns. When I started doing that my results improved.
3. As someone else said, stick to rebel soldiers, wookies and healers. You can deploy them at about 2 troops to one healer.
4. Look for the most direct route to the command center.
5. Don't divide into more than two units. Aim these at the main base, or at least where the concentration of resource storage is located. At level 5 I found that there was overwhelming strength in numbers.

6. Patience, padawan you must have, for succeed you will, if persistent you are.
In-Game Name - Eulippia Prime
Windows 10
Current Base Level ~ 7

Faction - Rebel
Current Rank ~ 7
Squad - Eulippia
Squad Position - Leader
Squad Status -
OPEN

How to Join - OPEN

SarjoPebas
Captain

Post#7 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:47 am

The next battle option is an important one to use, for as Sun Tzu said a battle is lost or won before it is began. If you have an infantry attack, and the base is compact with three or more mortars, avoid. And pick one where lots of loot is easy pickings so even if you lose you have something to upgrade with.

Also, make sure you have the starship command, and research to level five. Find a base to attack with a squad centre not hidden behind a shield. Two direct hits, and it is gone - no defenders on a well resourced based might make the difference in you getting the credits/alloy you need to upgrade. Let alone stars.

Last thing, look for a well spread out turret base. Hope all the advice here and by others helps.
Are you a rebel? Then join Rebel3Squad!

LDeVose2
Commodore

Post#8 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:49 am

SarjoPebas wrote:The next battle option is an important one to use, for as Sun Tzu said a battle is lost or won before it is began. If you have an infantry attack, and the base is compact with three or more mortars, avoid. And pick one where lots of loot is easy pickings so even if you lose you have something to upgrade with.

Also, make sure you have the starship command, and research to level five. Find a base to attack with a squad centre not hidden behind a shield. Two direct hits, and it is gone - no defenders on a well resourced based might make the difference in you getting the credits/alloy you need to upgrade. Let alone stars.

Last thing, look for a well spread out turret base. Hope all the advice here and by others helps.

:shock:

Sun Tzu is dead. :lol:

I still say trust the system match-up protocols. It saves you credits. It also exposes and forces you to adapt to unexpected arrays. I tried the selectivity method. I did far better when I returned to the system. Medals, level, rank and victories all grew much more quickly as I learned and continue to learn how to respond to different arrangements.
Windows 10
Current Base Level ~ 7

Faction - Rebel
Current Rank ~ 7
Squad - Eulippia
Squad Position - Leader
Squad Status -
OPEN

How to Join - OPEN

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#9 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:27 am

Some players confuse getting loot with winning. That is wrong. You don't have to win to get loot.

Select your opponent based on loot and the accessability of the vaults.
Don't hesitate to skip a bit.

Send troops in that cover the looters from turret fire. (I.e. Wookies maybe Banthas )
Bring shields down. Either with a Juggy or with Han Solo (+meds)
Use RTs (proper research level?) and maybe a 1-2 Pathfinders to get the loot.
(Pathfinders loot fast but tend to outrun their cover and trigger traps & SC)

Don't care about the HQ. Nearly no loot in it.

Avoid the SC as long as possible it may contain surprises. (or use your own SC contents to counter)

Check out your opponents on revenge and attack when loot is good. Especially higher level opponents may offer good profit. (This is also useful when collecting contraband)
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

LDeVose2
Commodore

Post#10 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:39 am

RebelYell wrote:Some players confuse getting loot with winning. That is wrong. You don't have to win to get loot.

Select your opponent based on loot and the accessability of the vaults.
Don't hesitate to skip a bit.

Send troops in that cover the looters from turret fire. (I.e. Wookies maybe Banthas )
Bring shields down. Either with a Juggy or with Han Solo (+meds)
Use RTs (proper research level?) and maybe a 1-2 Pathfinders to get the loot.
(Pathfinders loot fast but tend to outrun their cover and trigger traps & SC)

Don't care about the HQ. Nearly no loot in it.

Avoid the SC as long as possible it may contain surprises. (or use your own SC contents to counter)

Check out your opponents on revenge and attack when loot is good. Especially higher level opponents may offer good profit. (This is also useful when collecting contraband)

You make a good point for whenever you just need resources in order to build or upgrade. Also missions don't count against you, and revenge does not cost you credits. I think the missions, although returns vary, are the safest bet, because they cost you neither credits (beyond troop training) or medals.

I didn't think about sacrificing medals and wins for resources as a goal. It is like sacrificing a few years of salary and wages in order to train for a career that will produce far more in both income and satisfaction - delayed gratification. I will include this in my playbook. Thanks!
Windows 10
Current Base Level ~ 7

Faction - Rebel
Current Rank ~ 7
Squad - Eulippia
Squad Position - Leader
Squad Status -
OPEN

How to Join - OPEN

Return to “Attacking Rivals”