Rebel Level 6 Strategy For Beginner?

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
Lisse
Officer

Rebel Level 6 Strategy For Beginner?

Post#1 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:21 am

I just reached Lv6 and as I saw many suggested to stay at this level for a while and farm for fragments. So I would like to ask what is the attack strategy and units for this level? (Given that I got no fragment unit yet.)

I experimented with 2xJuggernauts, an AT-AP, 3xAAT-1, a Heavy and some soldiers, and Chewie.
But I don't know if there is 'meta' combination for this level? I like Juggernaut but it take so much space.

Shelendil
Grand Admiral

Re: Rebel Lv6 Strategy for Beginner?

Post#2 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:30 pm

Chewy, jugg, heavies, some rebels to mop up. Those are your bread and butter. Chewy will sometimes need a little help: banthas or AAT are your choices.
Marauders-Delta

DeathStriker

Post#3 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:02 pm

Lisse wrote:I just reached Lv6 and as I saw many suggested to stay at this level for a while and farm for fragments. So I would like to ask what is the attack strategy and units for this level? (Given that I got no fragment unit yet.)

I experimented with 2xJuggernauts, an AT-AP, 3xAAT-1, a Heavy and some soldiers, and Chewie.
But I don't know if there is 'meta' combination for this level? I like Juggernaut but it take so much space.

Lisse - Here is my Recommendation:

TO START:

• Keep Medals to 1000 or Less.
  • Upgrade HQ, SC, Research Lab, Troop Transports, and Barracks to Level 8 to Unlock / Upgrade Jets. **Don't Upgrade anything else.
  • When you Upgrade don't build any more Turrets or Traps.
  • Look at designing a Heroic Defense Base (one good for Heroic Defences)
:arrow: GOING FORWARD after you upgrade Key Structures to Level 8 you can do the following:

• Build Walls
  • Build Cantina
  • Build Upgrade additional Credit Vault + Alloy Depot
  • Upgrade Armory
  • Upgrade Planetary Command
  • Upgrade Factories (Optional)
:!: DONT BUILD...

• Contraband Trade Ports
  • New Turrets
  • New Traps
The key thing here is to gain advantage of increase number of Barracks, Armory Equipment Space, Planets (via Planetary Command) achived by having key structures at Level 8 but also gain advangage of keeping Base Score lower which will improve your PvP Matchmaking..

AS FOR ATTACKING...

You will mostly just need Buffed Jets (once you unlock / upgrade Desert / Forest / Arctic Jets). Until then you can use other units like Heavies + Medics, along with perhaps 1 Jugg... whatever you are comfortable with and have unlocked / upgraded.

IN CLOSING...

My Maxed HQ 6 did the above... Upgraded HQ first to Level 7 then immediately Upgraded HQ to Level 8 then upgraded all other key structures to Level 8 but keeping Turrets at Level 5, and Resource Collectors to Level 5, and Traps at Level 1.

By having a HQ 8 (Mini) you will be able to take full advantage of all Events and Conflicts and keep in mind that HQ 8 has the easiest EP Requirements.

:arrow: Plan on staying at HQ 8 for a year or more while you grind for Frags.

Hope this helps...

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

Lisse
Officer

Post#4 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:12 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
Lisse wrote:I just reached Lv6 and as I saw many suggested to stay at this level for a while and farm for fragments. So I would like to ask what is the attack strategy and units for this level? (Given that I got no fragment unit yet.)

Lisse - Here is my Recommendation:

TO START:

• Keep Medals to 1000 or Less.
  • Upgrade HQ, SC, Research Lab, Troop Transports, and Barracks to Level 8 to Unlock / Upgrade Jets. **Don't Upgrade anything else.
  • When you Upgrade don't build any more Turrets or Traps.
  • Look at designing a Heroic Defense Base (one good for Heroic Defences)
:arrow: GOING FORWARD after you upgrade Key Structures to Level 8 you can do the following:

• Build Walls
  • Build Cantina
  • Build Upgrade additional Credit Vault + Alloy Depot
  • Upgrade Armory
  • Upgrade Planetary Command
  • Upgrade Factories (Optional)
:!: DONT BUILD...

• Contraband Trade Ports
  • New Turrets
  • New Traps
The key thing here is to gain advantage of increase number of Barracks, Armory Equipment Space, Planets (via Planetary Command) achived by having key structures at Level 8 but also gain advangage of keeping Base Score lower which will improve your PvP Matchmaking..

AS FOR ATTACKING...

You will mostly just need Buffed Jets (once you unlock / upgrade Desert / Forest / Arctic Jets). Until then you can use other units like Heavies + Medics, along with perhaps 1 Jugg... whatever you are comfortable with and have unlocked / upgraded.

IN CLOSING...

My Maxed HQ 6 did the above... Upgraded HQ first to Level 7 then immediately Upgraded HQ to Level 8 then upgraded all other key structures to Level 8 but keeping Turrets at Level 5, and Resource Collectors to Level 5, and Traps at Level 1.

By having a HQ 8 (Mini) you will be able to take full advantage of all Events and Conflicts and keep in mind that HQ 8 has the easiest EP Requirements.

:arrow: Plan on staying at HQ 8 for a year or more while you grind for Frags.

Hope this helps...

Thank you for the detailed recommendation.
I have a few further questions:
1. Some suggest staying at Lv6, but some said Lv8. What is the key difference between 6 and 8?
2. What is EP Requirements (Sorry if asking silly question but I just started playing for a few weeks)
3. Is your recommendation applies if I don’t plan to have large or competitive squad? I only can play once every few days so cannot afford to participate in active squad or even hope to join a squad war.

DeathStriker

Post#5 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:05 am

Lisse wrote:Thank you for the detailed recommendation.

1. Some suggest staying at Lv6, but some said Lv8. What is the key difference between 6 and 8?
2. What is EP Requirements (Sorry if asking silly question but I just started playing for a few weeks)
3. Is your recommendation applies if I don’t plan to have large or competitive squad? I only can play once every few days so cannot afford to participate in active squad or even hope to join a squad war.

Lisse - Here are your answers:

1. The key differences betwen HQ 6 and HQ 8 are the addition of 1 more Barracks (faster infantry cooking), ability to cook Jetpack Troopers (best unit for attacking Level 7 or Lower Empire Commanders), 2 more Planets you can Unlock (more chances to grind for desired Units), increased Armory Equipment Space (better base defense), ability to use Mercenaries (after Cantina is Built).

2. ONE KEY DIFFERENCE is the lower EP Requirements for each Objective in SWC Events as shown here for example. HQ 8 is the "Sweet Spot" for Events where having a Base with a lower Base Strength (Base Score) and lower Medal Count (1000 or less) and using Jets (eventually buffed Jets) you can clear most PvP Bases easily and often get the EP Needed for an Objective in 1 Attack (versus 2 or more Attacks other HQ Levels). HQ 5 and HQ 7 also have lower EP Requirements but don't have access to Jetpack Troopers.

3. "EP" stands for Event Points which is what you need to get in order to advance in SWC Events (like the current Rise of Skywalker Event). You can click here to get more info on how to gain EP.

4. You should try to join a Squad as in general that is the best way to become a Top Commander, but again the choice is up to you. Look at this excellent post by lukeskywalker for your "Squad Options".

5. My recommendations for upgrading to HQ 8 applies to whether or not you join a Squad (active or not).
If you have any other questions, either I or others here on the Forum can help...

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

Lisse
Officer

Post#6 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:27 am

DeathStriker wrote:
Lisse wrote:Thank you for the detailed recommendation.

Lisse - Here are your answers:

1. The key differences betwen HQ 6 and HQ 8 are the addition of 1 more Barracks (faster infantry cooking), ability to cook Jetpack Troopers (best unit for attacking Level 7 or Lower Empire Commanders), 2 more Planets you can Unlock (more chances to grind for desired Units), increased Armory Equipment Space (better base defense), ability to use Mercenaries (after Cantina is Built).

2. ONE KEY DIFFERENCE is the lower EP Requirements for each Objective in SWC Events as shown here for example. HQ 8 is the "Sweet Spot" for Events where having a Base with a lower Base Strength (Base Score) and lower Medal Count (1000 or less) and using Jets (eventually buffed Jets) you can clear most PvP Bases easily and often get the EP Needed for an Objective in 1 Attack (versus 2 or more Attacks other HQ Levels). HQ 5 and HQ 7 also have lower EP Requirements but don't have access to Jetpack Troopers.

3. "EP" stands for Event Points which is what you need to get in order to advance in SWC Events (like the current Rise of Skywalker Event). You can click here to get more info on how to gain EP.

4. You should try to join a Squad as in general that is the best way to become a Top Commander, but again the choice is up to you. Look at this excellent post by lukeskywalker for your "Squad Options".

5. My recommendations for upgrading to HQ 8 applies to whether or not you join a Squad (active or not).
If you have any other questions, either I or others here on the Forum can help...

Thank you very much for elaborative comment. I appreciate a lot. Would definitely follow your guide.

As for Squad I think I can only make a casual squad with my friend as I don't always have time to play and don't want to be a burden if I join a competitive squad.

Return to “Attacking Rivals”