A little advice, and interpretation, from my rebel friends

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
cad10047
Commander

A little advice, and interpretation, from my rebel friends

Post#1 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:05 pm

Hail and well met,
I am trying to get a strategy for attacking bases and farming. I am currently a lvl 10 rebel that is leveling everything. I am having a heck of a time attacking bases. I am basically using all Jetpack troopers (18 i think) and one soldier (to draw out forces). I used to do very well with this attack ,but not any more. I am sure there has been some kind of update. I am not terribly knowledgeable and just enjoy the play. I am using Han as my hero. Is this viable, or is there a better mix you would recommend?
Also, i have been reading some attack strategies, but they are old. The problem here is that there are nick names for troops that i am not sure which troop is meant. I am leaving a list of those troops and the shortened names hoping someone can use the whole name for them (see below).

Meds- which one as i think there is more than one
heavies
Hails
Vans
Ithos
Twileks
War Pigs
Fangs
Kers

Thank you for any help or advice. Just trying to crush the empire and not having much success lately.

-C

sgu97cab
Major General

Re: A little advice, and interpretation, from my rebel friends

Post#2 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:22 pm

My advice. If this strategy is giving you conistent losses against imperials then keep doing the same. :twisted: :lol:
SWC account:Bacon
Squad:CircleOf.Masters
LINE ID: sgu97cab

***If any players want to get involved in no outpost wars please PM me on this forum or on LINE app***

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#3 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:14 pm

HAHA - I have to agree.

I've never run a reb account, so I can't help you there. You can find a lot of replays for no OP war attacks on YouTube, I'd look at some of those to get strategy hints/suggestions.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

cad10047
Commander

Post#4 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:54 pm

Well i have tried the Youtube route and nothing has been posted recently. Seems like most posts are from 2017- early 2018.

As for the playing the empire, nah... i like a challenge. Everyone takes the easy route and goes Empire, heck we are all mostly made of water, and then call themselves successful. I don't like that, so i will just stay with the weaker team.I guess i will just keep trying and work on my own and figure something out.

Cheers-

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#5 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:16 pm

Ok, well some more constructive advice....there are like 30 different units available, so not sure why are you trying to use all jets and nothing else. Each unit has a specific purpose, so you need to have the right unit for the right job and use variety in your attack.
My advice, if you are Rebel go to a planet which has lots of developer bases (usually Tatooine or Erkit) and practice different troop combinations against those bases (they will have no guard reserve or squad centre contents). Once you have come up with a good combination of troops then try against real imperial bases. Note when attacking real bases you need to make sure to have a plan to take out the guard reserves and squad centre.
SWC account:Bacon
Squad:CircleOf.Masters
LINE ID: sgu97cab

***If any players want to get involved in no outpost wars please PM me on this forum or on LINE app***

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:53 am

All IMP responses so far. LOL.

Attacking a real IMP base with flashing bursts and barracks in true PVP fashion is tough. Only the most skilled players can do it and get 2 stars.

So, first advice is to scout the base carefully. If you come across a developer cloned base with no flashing buildings, then go for it. Attacking a cloned base is much easier.

Second advice is to drop you medals to 0 so that you will see easier bases.

Ok, now if you still want a real challenge against tough bases, you can try this:

Kessen as hero, backed by 2 luggabeasts. Use Kessen to take out the base SC. Aim to line up as many barracks with the SC to take them all out. Lots of skills needed for this.
Droideka Oppressor, L30 or higher, as a bait to draw out the dangerous snipers in barracks. Your jets can take them out while snipers walk toward Oppressor.
At least 2 vans to screen and take out traps.
Ithi can be use to help with shields or trigger sonics
Load your SC with 4 sharps and 2 meds. Make sure you activate the sullustan skin to enable for air support. Drop SC troops on attack. Note, you need to be careful and kill the DDKs in base first. Sharps love to chase DDKs.
The rest can be skinned jets. You can bring a couple of hails to help dealing with bursts.
I like to also bring some rebel soldiers to trigger sonics.

You need to have lots of skills to be able to beat a real tough base. Simply drop jets on the map will likely result in an L.

In today game, it’s mostly about armory level. The higher level you have, the better chance you have to win.
so make sure you level up your armory level, and make that a priority.

Or, if you have unlocked the dowutin train (multi troop transport), then be a lame attacker and load up with 9-10 of them. The higher level the better. Then just drop healships (air) to heal them when needed. :)

cad10047
Commander

Post#7 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:13 am

Thank you for that information. It is helpful.
I have a couple of questions...

What is a "van"
you say get your armory up, isn't 7 the highest it goes?
Is a sharp ad sniper the same thing?
Thx-

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:23 am

van = vanguard
armory equipment can go up to L10. You want to collect frags to get your equipment to at least L5. To be competitive, you probably need L8 or higher.
The armory building itself can go up to Prestige level (L11).
By sharp, I meant rebel sharpshooters (aka snipers). For rebel, I call them sharps. For IMP, I call them snipers. Both are snipers, but the stats and AI are somewhat different. IMP snipers are better against infantry while rebel sharpshooters are better against mech. (I actually rate IMP snipers higher than the rebel version but that might invoke more factional imbalance whinning, lol).

DeathStriker

Post#9 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:32 am

DarkRebel wrote:The armory building itself can go up to Prestige level (L11).

DarkRebel - CORRECTION: The Armory only goes to Level 7 - but - Level 7 = Prestige Level.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

cad10047
Commander

Post#10 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:35 am

Perfect, thank you vm.

Return to “Attacking Rivals”