Attack help (Empire HQ 9)

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
Vinny1997
Lieutenant

Attack help (Empire HQ 9)

Post#1 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:55 am

I need help in offencive unit formations basically just what units and the amount to focus on all of my units are lvl 8 and my droideka scout is level 4 my hero's are almost all lol 8. My unit transports are all level 8

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: Attack help (Empire HQ 9)

Post#2 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:43 am

First, you should have stayed at HQ 8. It's the best and safest HQ level to be if you want to play Events for Elite frags, do Heroic Defenses/Daily Objectives to improve your Armory for attack/defense, play Wars if you do not have the obligation of attacking 10s and Prestige bases, and PvP is not hard if you aren't maxed out on your defenses or keep your medals at a low number.

But now it's done. If you are maxed out on defense (turrets and traps at high level) or have a great number of medals, you probably are fighting 10s and 11s right now, and it will be hard to win attacks, even harder win defenses, untill you upgrade at least your basic troops for attack and Transports unit/SC.

At level 9, you can unlock the Luggabeast to help in your attack loadout. You can build the Oppressor, and your SC can fill with 5 jumps instead 4 if you have the skins for jumps. If you don't have the skins for jumps or don't have them at good level, you are dead.

For players that didn't play conflicts for new special units like the Imperial Transport (that deploy dark troopers) or the new SMTT (that deploy Dowutins), you will need to use Jumps with the skins (earned in Bronzium Crates for Heroics and Objectives) and Hover Tanks with the TXs skins (earned in War Crates and Events from time to time)

The rest is infantry like Kubaz for the shields, shock troopers to clean the way from traps, mercs like gamos to shield your heroes like EATAT (with the skin in green planets) and Vader (with Lord Vader skin), and air. a lot of air.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:55 am

- learn how to scout the bases, and skip bases you can't handle
- search youtube for examples of successful attacks. You may even consider visiting another squad, or joining a well established squad to get good advice and replay examples of how good players attack.

There are so many ways to attack depending on your style, your skill level, what units that you have unlocked ...

At L8-9, these are effective units:
- In general, any unit with armory equipment unlocked. Armory equipments dominate the game, both offensively and defensively.
- jets/jumps (good general units, can be used in any load combo)
- shield busters (kubaz, infiltrator). You may also need to bring wall busting air to poke a hole in the walls, so that you can send these guys in to take down shields
- DDK Oppressor (unlocked at L9). I find this one particular useful against base with barrack snipers. You drop the Oppressor at a far corner and the snipers will chase it, and you can deploy troops to intercept and kill them in their path.
- shock/vanguard. Can't start the attack without them. They'd save you from embarrassing defeats caused by traps.
- HFD, MHCs. Make sure these are deployed behind the front line, after blocking buildings and walls are cleared up, to deal with turrets (especially bursts). Particular effective on Hoth with arctic equipments.
- TX tanks (hover with skin)
- any of the new trucks (wookie/dark van (ITT), multi transport truck (MTT)) is very good.
... and so on

Therealharbinger
Commodore

Post#4 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:46 am

If using Kubaz, check for blank tiles within walls you can drop them in. Most bases always have a gap bar the top top bases that have learned to close these gaps.
Itll lure the SC out, drop a single storm in a corner and they'll go chasing it. Deploy your jumps or snipers on them whilst they go after the poor storm and ignore yours.
If you dont have the ACT skin level up vader and just drop and spin and effectively tank for you whilst the rest does the job.

I prestiged my base whilst everything was pretty much level 8 and 9 so feel your pain.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:16 am

If you don't have Rodians unlocked, make sure to do so now. I recommend taking 2-4 into any attack. They help a ton with infantry gr and against sc jets.

There are a lot of attack options, and it depends on what you have unlocked. On forest planets, the ATACT with shoretroopers activated works well. You can use a gamo, a couple skinned tanks (or not), 2-4 Rodians, 2 shock troopers, 2 kubaz and the rest shoretroopers (40 or so) and do pretty well. You don't have to just barf out jump troopers.

strawman3125
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:55 pm

I usually have all barracks building jumps, factories building ITTs and Cantina building MTTs. Without ITTs I have the factories build tanks and use the TX tank skin. On Hoth I switch one barrack to train dewbacks and the factories produce MHCs, all with skins.

Return to “Attacking Rivals”