Hovertanks and AT-MP Mark III targeting HQ

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
DipstickPinez
Commander

Re: Hovertanks and AT-MP Mark III targeting HQ

Post#11 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:48 am

I’m currently waiting for step 24-25 so I’ll be getting my elite crates soon. So I should be able to attack with like 2 tanks, 4 dark troopers and a crap ton of shocks/a few stormtroopers?

toname
Commodore

Post#12 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:46 pm

I didn't even use the dark troopers. 1 barracks for storms, 2 for shocks, 2 factories on AT-STs worked for me. Then I finished upgrading to HQ6 and unlocked the TX-225 equipment, which makes the tanks way better, so I switched to tanks.

Key for the shocks is dropping 1 at a time to clear the traps, then cluster them so they power through the turrets and only allow 1 shot.

DipstickPinez
Commander

Post#13 » Mon May 20, 2019 3:20 pm

Got it. I’ll go try it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#14 » Mon May 20, 2019 3:33 pm

I’d just make sure that I deploy darks to screen mechs froms rocket turrets. Another thing is to split the attacking troops in 2 groups rather than bundling them all together.
Basic, simple stuff like that may work better than you think.

DipstickPinez
Commander

Post#15 » Mon May 20, 2019 4:32 pm

I have been having a tendency to use one huge turret stacking force. I guess splitting would help with them getting stuck on one side of the HQ attacking it.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#16 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:04 pm

You should try the royal guard with 8-10 dewbacks leading him out. That loadout absolutely smokes rocket farms at levels 4-5. You have to watch out for mortars, though, they can wipe a heard of dewbacks from a distance, but if you can hit the mortar first, it can't shoot at the dewbacks or the RG. You can add a shock trooper or two and an atst and storms to the mix. I'd leave out the tanks, they won't be needed.

DipstickPinez
Commander

Post#17 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:09 pm

Wait seriously? I've heard the royal guard is trash. Also wouldn't it be vulnerable to bursts? I'm going to try and upgrade my hero center to level 4 at the end of the questionable cargo event so I'll try it out when I get there.

DipstickPinez
Commander

Post#18 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:42 pm

Alright so I tried 6 stormtroopers, 6 shock troopers, 2 dark troopers, and the sniper mercenary infantry hero, and it works surprisingly well. I'm starting to get 3 stars again.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#19 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:10 am

No, the royal guard is actually the most dominant unit at that level, if you pick the right base. It will level bases faster than any other load out, if you use him properly with a mass of dewbacks. The players who think he is trash have just never used him properly.

toname
Commodore

Post#20 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:57 am

The Royal Guard has a short window of usefulness, and is best used when the turrets are very spread out and cannot concentrate fire on him.

My top suggestion, actually, would be to upgrade to HQ6 ASAP. The extra transport and armory change the game so much. You'd immediately be increasing your total loadout capacity by 40%.

Also, bite the bullet and upgrade your hero command to lvl 5 soon. The Elite AT-AT is the best hero the Empire has, especially when you unlock the AT-ACT equipment, which I was able to quickly do last week with the grind crates.

Return to “Attacking Rivals”