Hovertanks and AT-MP Mark III targeting HQ

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
DipstickPinez
Commander

Hovertanks and AT-MP Mark III targeting HQ

Post#1 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:06 pm

Is it just me or am I having an issue of my hero and juicer tanks deciding to target the HQ instead of walking a little and shooting the turrets. I’ve had too many battles lost because there’s like 1 level 2 rocket turret left or a few rapid fire turrets left but then they spend 15 seconds trying to shot the HQ. I’ve looked around and haven’t seen anyone else mention this.

DipstickPinez
Commander

Re: Hovertanks and AT-MP Mark III targeting HQ

Post#2 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:12 pm

It feels like in general the AI in this game is so stupid. They’ll shoot the tankiest building in the game or shoot the entire line of walls down to get straight to a turret on the other side, and then walk halfway around the edge of the base sometimes.

Harshit
Admiral

Post#3 » Sun May 19, 2019 7:49 pm

Hello DipstickPinez, the problem which you are talking about AT-MP mark III and Tanks are not due to their favourite targets.

The main reason is that those units have their target as turrets only but if any big structure stands in a way to other enemy turret the units will try to destroy those structures first and then they will proceed to favourite targets which is turrets in this case.

It is not the case only with these units, many other units who have specific favourite targets like shields will destroy any structure that is between them and their favourite target and then proceed to their main targets. Hope this solves your doubt.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

DipstickPinez
Commander

Post#4 » Sun May 19, 2019 7:58 pm

Is there any effective way to try and circumvent this problem? Generally the turrets are on two sides of an HQ and after taking out one side they decide to target the HQ next, usually leaving plenty of time for even a weak defense to kill my tanks and Hero.

Harshit
Admiral

Post#5 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:00 pm

You can try getting some more stormies to distract the turrets while the AT-MP and the tanks will destroy the HQ and then they will go for the turrets. Please mention your HQ lvl and what troops you have unlocked.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:07 pm

I usually consider it a bonus when the hero (atmp or eatat) takes out the HQ when moving through a base. Sounds like you need some dark troopers to block the turrets and protect your vehicles.

DipstickPinez
Commander

Post#7 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:09 pm

I'm currently Imperial HQ level 5. I'm upgrading one barracks to get repair droids, but don't have them yet, so dewbacks and below. I have level 3 factories, and a level 3 Hero Command. I would get a level 5 hero command, asap, but the event is currently happening, and I struggle enough to get 3 stars without a hero. Uh currently going with 3 dark troopers, 2 dewbacks, 5 stormies, 1 shock trooper, 1 bike, and 2 hover tanks, along with the turret targeting rocket launcher hero.

toname
Commodore

Post#8 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:16 pm

DipstickPinez wrote:I'm currently Imperial HQ level 5. I'm upgrading one barracks to get repair droids, but don't have them yet, so dewbacks and below. I have level 3 factories, and a level 3 Hero Command. I would get a level 5 hero command, asap, but the event is currently happening, and I struggle enough to get 3 stars without a hero. Uh currently going with 3 dark troopers, 2 dewbacks, 5 stormies, 1 shock trooper, 1 bike, and 2 hover tanks, along with the turret targeting rocket launcher hero.

Drop the bike and dewbacks. Go heavy on the shocks. May need to spread the first few out to get traps, but a cluster of shocks can now through turrets at low levels

DipstickPinez
Commander

Post#9 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:07 pm

I thought shock troopers do kinda low damage, though that might just be them being level 1 vs my level 4 troops. Wouldn't it take a while for them to chunk through the other buildings to get to the turrets? Also would I need more dark troopers to help tank the rockets for my tank and hero?

toname
Commodore

Post#10 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:06 am

DipstickPinez wrote:I thought shock troopers do kinda low damage, though that might just be them being level 1 vs my level 4 troops. Wouldn't it take a while for them to chunk through the other buildings to get to the turrets? Also would I need more dark troopers to help tank the rockets for my tank and hero?

If you are doing the event, you can quickly level up your shocks with the "grind" crates. I got my alternate base at HQ5 from 0 to lvl 6 shocks just during last week's event.

Shocks will take a while to go through buildings, but they do more damage against turrets than against regular buildings.

Return to “Attacking Rivals”