What to use against Imperial Guard Reserves?

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
nunovix
Commander

Re: What to use against Imperial Guard Reserves?

Post#11 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:03 am

Shadow1979 wrote:
nunovix wrote:
TNT wrote:
Han Solo is very fragile though. I don't know your level, but I would guess 7? I'd imagine that at best he can only kill 1 shield before dying.
Skinned heavies tear through shields in seconds and don't need much help doing that. You could also try adding Leia and drop her near the Droid to get rid of some of the GR.

I'm a little worried as as a level 9 I find that the heavies are unusable due to their speed and as an Imperial commander said, most bases space and bury their Barracks.

Do you have Infiltrators?

If you can unlock jets, quickly move to unlock them.

I am level 10.
Yes, maybe i'll try Leia against their GR and save other units for the shields (Yes i have infiltrators).

Yes i am also trying Jets but they dont seem to be the solution for me :(

Well play to your strengths. Do you have decent lvl jump skins? Tx skins for your tanks? Sullastan sniper skins?
Also consider kessler the hero unit at a decent lvl his hero ability which ignores shields can easily wipe first guard reserve waves out

I have level 6 TX... no sullastan snipers :( ... no kessler :( and have level 3 heavy desert soldiers

Shadow1979
Squadron Leader

Post#12 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:08 am

Any jump skins? Heavy healing droid combo doesn't go far st high lvls
From the brightest light comes the darkest shadow,
Officer in death-dealer
Looking to fill a few recent openings we take any lvl player, whether you are a seasoned vet or just starting out we have a place for you.
Ign-shsdow19 h.q 9

nunovix
Commander

Post#13 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:14 pm

What are 'jumps'?
I have the skin for jets, but only level 1

TNT
Major General

Post#14 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:58 am

nunovix wrote:
Shadow1979 wrote:
nunovix wrote:

I am level 10.
Yes, maybe i'll try Leia against their GR and save other units for the shields (Yes i have infiltrators).

Yes i am also trying Jets but they dont seem to be the solution for me :(

Well play to your strengths. Do you have decent lvl jump skins? Tx skins for your tanks? Sullastan sniper skins?
Also consider kessler the hero unit at a decent lvl his hero ability which ignores shields can easily wipe first guard reserve waves out

I have level 6 TX... no sullastan snipers :( ... no kessler :( and have level 3 heavy desert soldiers

Jets=Jumps

Anyway, I'm level 9, so my advice may not be applicable. However these days my Infiltrators are key on all attacks. I also load several Z95s. If it's a spread out base I'll pop the shields, trigger the SC and hopefully some traps freely. If it's a boxbase, most Imperials aren't running wall equipment because Rebels need jets who ignore the walls. So the walls are susceptible to a Z95 bombing run allowing the infils easy access to the SC and the shields.

Basically, pop shields with infils -> lure with meddroid (wait until the infils expire!) -> drop 4 tx and a bunch of jets behind the GR conga line and either drop kessen/Leia and/or a sniper to keep the GR buzy. The meddroid will lock on to either leia/Kessen or the sniper to keep it alive longer. Alternatively bomb them while they're ganging up on the lure.

Your equipment should be sufficient.

Supposedly the recent t2B buff has made it worthwhile, but I haven't been able to use it well enough yet so no comment on that end from me.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

Shadow1979
Squadron Leader

Post#15 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:04 am

TNT wrote:
nunovix wrote:
Shadow1979 wrote:

Jets=Jumps

Anyway, I'm level 9, so my advice may not be applicable. However these days my Infiltrators are key on all attacks. I also load several Z95s. If it's a spread out base I'll pop the shields, trigger the SC and hopefully some traps freely. If it's a boxbase, most Imperials aren't running wall equipment because Rebels need jets who ignore the walls. So the walls are susceptible to a Z95 bombing run allowing the infils easy access to the SC and the shields.

Basically, pop shields with infils -> lure with meddroid (wait until the infils expire!) -> drop 4 tx and a bunch of jets behind the GR conga line and either drop kessen/Leia and/or a sniper to keep the GR buzy. The meddroid will lock on to either leia/Kessen or the sniper to keep it alive longer. Alternatively bomb them while they're ganging up on the lure.

Your equipment should be sufficient.

Supposedly the recent t2B buff has made it worthwhile, but I haven't been able to use it well enough yet so no comment on that end from me.

Jumps are imperial version of jets, are your units lvled uo? More and more imps are running bursts, throwing a hellfire droid or two isn't horrible. burst turrets have a range of 9, so hellfire, snipers, and droidika opressor all with a range of 10 sit outside there range. And the splash damage never seems to hurt.
From the brightest light comes the darkest shadow,
Officer in death-dealer
Looking to fill a few recent openings we take any lvl player, whether you are a seasoned vet or just starting out we have a place for you.
Ign-shsdow19 h.q 9

TNT
Major General

Post#16 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:06 am

Shadow1979 wrote:Jumps are imperial version of jets, are your units lvled uo? More and more imps are running bursts, throwing a hellfire droid or two isn't horrible. burst turrets have a range of 9, so hellfire, snipers, and droidika opressor all with a range of 10 sit outside there range. And the splash damage never seems to hurt.

I used to be a big user of the Hellfire Droids (even well after lvling my TX), but Rodian Snipers made them a massive liability for me. A single stray bomber run and they're gone. (and with 4 random chances right at the start of the battle without factoring in SC Rodians or a second wave that chance is pretty big)
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

Return to “Attacking Rivals”