What to use against Imperial Guard Reserves?

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
nunovix
Commander

Post#1 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:09 pm

Nowadays i get completely wiped out by imperial Guard reserves :(
I use:
-Han Solo for shiels
-Heavy soldiers + medic droids (if they have guard reserves, my heavies and medics die quickly)
-I use 3 bikes if necessary against guard reserves but they also die quickly
-Stolen TX-225 Tanks (Which are good)

I needed something to kill their snipers especially, because i think i can deal with their soldiers and their bruisers from the guard reserve.
Or maybe something good against infantry... i dont know :(

Thanks to anyone who can help!

KasTiron
Cadet Trooper

Re: What to use against Imperial Guard Reserves?

Post#2 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:27 pm

The best method at this level is the lure technique - deploy a single soldier in a far corner, then let the Guard Reserves spawn. As your soldier is the only one of your troops present, they'll all target it - allowing you to deploy all your other troops to attack the base unmolested whilst the Guard Reserves waste time trekking over to attack your lone soldier. This also gives you time to blow the reserves up with fighters or send a hero in to intercept them.

DeathStriker

Post#3 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:39 pm

nunovix wrote:What to use against Imperial Guard Reserves?

KasTiron wrote:The best method at this level is the lure technique

nunovix - KasTiron is correct - using the "Lure / Distraction" Method helps but you still need to focus on Destroying Barracks / Factories during the "Lure / Distraction Period" (i.e. before the "next wave" starts).

BETTER METHOD:

1. Deploy 1 Medic as far away from your "main attack force deployment zone". I deploy a Medic just to the left or right of a Corner as most Corners seem to have Traps there. The Medic won't move.
  2. WAIT until GR has "spawned" and "targeted" the Medic and has just reached the edge of the "core base" (where most GR is often found).
  3. Deploy 1 Rebel Soldier in another distant point. This will cause the Medic to start to move toward that Unit which will in turn cause the GR to chase / follow.
  4. Deploy Main Attack Force as you wish.
Hope this Helps and answers your questions.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

nunovix
Commander

Post#4 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:49 pm

Hmn.

I'll try that ;)

DeathStriker

Post#5 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:54 pm

nunovix wrote:Hmn. I'll try that ;)

nunovix - as a Rebel you need to Unlock Fang Fighters (if you haven't already) and Upgrade it to Level 4 Only (you will get Frags to upgrade it higher but don't).

⇨ USE the Fang Fighter on Spawned Snipers (Rodans) and other SC / GR Units.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Shadow1979
Squadron Leader

Post#6 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:22 am

As a imperial maybe i can offer some insight, while the lure method works some what, you have to take into account base layout if some one has 4 barracks all neat and unshielded then lure is great lure out first waves and hit the barracks. However if the barracks are spread and under a shield like mine are the lure becomes less then ideal. All units won't get there at same time closest corner to deployed lure will be within snipers range about the time other get to base wall. With my current lvl 3 guard reserves you have either 8 dewbacks or 12 storms spawning every 32 seconds and 4 snipers every 41 seconds. Guard reserves only spawn lvl 3 snipers. And similar lvl storms and dewbacks. The rebels that manage to get a star off my base are those smart enough to send in a few tx skinned tanks or gams. ( tanks do work better because snipers only get a damage bonus vs infantry unit's) so get them to lock into a high health vehicle and focus on getting base shields and turrets down use air a hero power to etc to mop up. And avoid giving them time to mass up and slow your attack while turrets top you apart.
Also sorry for long winded reply a lot of rebels don't know how imp defenses work and vice versa
From the brightest light comes the darkest shadow,
Officer in death-dealer
Looking to fill a few recent openings we take any lvl player, whether you are a seasoned vet or just starting out we have a place for you.
Ign-shsdow19 h.q 9

TNT
Major General

Post#7 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:42 am

I use:
-Han Solo for shiels
-Heavy soldiers + medic droids (if they have guard reserves, my heavies and medics die quickly)

I needed something to kill their snipers especially, because i think i can deal with their soldiers and their bruisers from the guard reserve.

Han Solo is very fragile though. I don't know your level, but I would guess 7? I'd imagine that at best he can only kill 1 shield before dying.
Skinned heavies tear through shields in seconds and don't need much help doing that. You could also try adding Leia and drop her near the Droid to get rid of some of the GR.

I'm a little worried as as a level 9 I find that the heavies are unusable due to their speed and as an Imperial commander said, most bases space and bury their Barracks.

Do you have Infiltrators?

If you can unlock jets, quickly move to unlock them.
Join the OuterRimRioters. Drama free, laid back, regular wars and multiple time zones coverage.
Seriously, what more can you ask for in a shitty f2p mobile game?

nunovix
Commander

Post#8 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:17 am

Shadow1979 wrote:As a imperial maybe i can offer some insight, while the lure method works some what, you have to take into account base layout if some one has 4 barracks all neat and unshielded then lure is great lure out first waves and hit the barracks. However if the barracks are spread and under a shield like mine are the lure becomes less then ideal. All units won't get there at same time closest corner to deployed lure will be within snipers range about the time other get to base wall. With my current lvl 3 guard reserves you have either 8 dewbacks or 12 storms spawning every 32 seconds and 4 snipers every 41 seconds. Guard reserves only spawn lvl 3 snipers. And similar lvl storms and dewbacks. The rebels that manage to get a star off my base are those smart enough to send in a few tx skinned tanks or gams. ( tanks do work better because snipers only get a damage bonus vs infantry unit's) so get them to lock into a high health vehicle and focus on getting base shields and turrets down use air a hero power to etc to mop up. And avoid giving them time to mass up and slow your attack while turrets top you apart.
Also sorry for long winded reply a lot of rebels don't know how imp defenses work and vice versa

Thanks Shadow, i will try that approach! ;)

nunovix
Commander

Post#9 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:20 am

TNT wrote:

I use:
-Han Solo for shiels

Han Solo is very fragile though. I don't know your level, but I would guess 7? I'd imagine that at best he can only kill 1 shield before dying.
Skinned heavies tear through shields in seconds and don't need much help doing that. You could also try adding Leia and drop her near the Droid to get rid of some of the GR.

I'm a little worried as as a level 9 I find that the heavies are unusable due to their speed and as an Imperial commander said, most bases space and bury their Barracks.

I am level 10.
Yes, maybe i'll try Leia against their GR and save other units for the shields (Yes i have infiltrators).

Yes i am also trying Jets but they dont seem to be the solution for me :(

Shadow1979
Squadron Leader

Post#10 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:32 am

nunovix wrote:
TNT wrote:

I use:
-Han Solo for shiels

I am level 10.
Yes, maybe i'll try Leia against their GR and save other units for the shields (Yes i have infiltrators).

Yes i am also trying Jets but they dont seem to be the solution for me :(

Well play to your strengths. Do you have decent lvl jump skins? Tx skins for your tanks? Sullastan sniper skins?
Also consider kessler the hero unit at a decent lvl his hero ability which ignores shields can easily wipe first guard reserve waves out
From the brightest light comes the darkest shadow,
Officer in death-dealer
Looking to fill a few recent openings we take any lvl player, whether you are a seasoned vet or just starting out we have a place for you.
Ign-shsdow19 h.q 9

Return to “Attacking Rivals”