Dealing with defensive rebel vehicles

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
GalacticaPhantom
Cadet Trooper

Dealing with defensive rebel vehicles

Post#1 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:15 am

Which units do i use against rebel walkers and other vehicles after i have successfully baited them? Vehicles seem untargetable except when "very near". My snipers are targeted as the rest of my deploy and the dont fight back since they prioritize inf, then very near :/

Kylo
Commodore

Re: Dealing with defensive rebel vehicles

Post#2 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:42 am

Dropping a twilek on top of them will probably work when she blows up. Any generalists will target the closest units, so heavies or jumps are another choice.

Poene
Commodore

Post#3 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:18 am

I use Tie strikers to kill rebel mech. There is no imperial anti-vehicle unit in the game.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:51 am

Snipers are bad for vehicles; they will pretty much ignore them until the last infantry is killed, so don't go that route. They also have lower multipliers against vehicles. Your best bet is bikes, but they need to be deployed near the vehicles. You can always use strikers as well.

If you need to get bikes, the easiest technique is to trip the SC, drop Vader, then activate him when the bikes approach. Either striker the bikes, or drop units nearby to kill them. You want to drop them outside the range of the bikes, though, because the reb bikes will retarget to units that are close to them.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#5 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:01 am

Buffed jumps will kill everything in its path, including any rebel mechs. This is your best option, if you can use Vader to hold SC troops while you drop your jumps to take them out. This technique works for almost everything that comes out from the SC.

But I do like the one suggestion above, using TIE strikers. They are the best against any ground rebel SC troops, and they take out GR troops in the vicinity too. The only problem with TIE strikers is that they can't deal with SC jets.

GalacticaPhantom
Cadet Trooper

Post#6 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:19 am

thanks for the input. rite now bikes + snipers + the occasional air strike seem like the goto as long as i haven't reached the jump troop lvl.

especially the retargeting of some units is interesting (bikes mentioned) - is there some chart around of the units, with multipliers, target hierarchy etc? i feel like i saw something like that somewhere in the past

Return to “Attacking Rivals”