Success against guard reserve bases (Rebel strategies)

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
Sigma582
Admiral

Re: Success against guard reserve bases (Rebel strategies)

Post#31 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:47 pm

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:Rrr is probably referring either to hails or to TXs. I don't think we have anything else that does splash damage.

I think he meant something blue and HOT if you know what I mean :)
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

juzzdoit
Storm Trooper

Post#32 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:05 pm

Oh my! @ Mastermike. My sides are hurting I was laughing so hard. You sure you arent sith with that much disposable anger?

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way bud :)

To answer the question in the title. I have had minor success in attacking these bases but at the cost of sc and air, so I agree that is not a sustainable way to attack. Would like some more time to try and nut something out but work commitments at the moment are rather hectic.

Hope you find the answer you seek @ Phonenix.

Moadib
Commodore

Post#33 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:34 pm

ok so i saw few replay with AT TE kessen +lugga and ss old combo working at the expense of 5-6 healing ships (personaly not viable as i dont crystall attacks) but from what i saw it is only doable against bases that turned of walls and guns buffs

the ones you all are all talking about top bases with deep buried barracks and factories of top imperial squads with activated gun buffs and walls while keeping heat sinks on guns on it's preety much skip ,skip skip as those players have sniper + med +traped mhc inside base of high lvl alreadyand we just cant reach those barracks or factories with any combo for now as 120 uc in transports now seems to low for all those units spawning so sc is a must on such bases

snipers are ineffective if walls are turned on in armory, atte take 20 uc and doesnt do anything but draw first wave of to him self do you ll have to take care of dekas alone cause lvl10 atte is no match for big dekas ( tested on dekas lvl 50 ,he was toast in 10 sec by deko alone) so you ll have to support him with few heavies or regs,personaly i think 20 regs instead of atte is more usefull do,

i posted replays and those bases are not top of the line for sure but my point is majority of players are avoiding to attack at all now thinking it cant be done , i showed to that majority that it can be and those players are not matched to only top imperials lvl 10 with dekas lvl 50 but to whider pool of players same as the bases i recorded and they can be encouraged now to do the same

Mostly used heroes now for my is Kessen and Leia , Luke is now obsolete as it ignores all but turrets which are no longer the main threat once turned off for guard equipment

i have no solution for now for top lvl 10 bases as success from what i see in replays of top rebs is dropp full airshow sc ,your dekas must be lvl 50 also and kessen must not miss SC and that's all for barely 1 star win ,once those guard things get even higher it will be even harder and merely impossible if nothing changes to benefit the attacker

on my replays and attacks i have noticed that imperial ss with meds from guard option cause of 300% multiplier on infantry outgun my ss backed up with medic so that should be balanced as 1 shot kill from ss buried under shield or behind building that you cant see him is preety much GAME OVER for attacker

it looks to me guard option will now set all other units that didnt get new skins yet to get some in future cause t2b tank ,jug,atte and any other unit that didnt get skin and buff in armory is no match to this new updates for sure

keep on looking for solution for top bases
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on.

Moadib
Commodore

Post#34 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:16 pm

http://sendvid.com/9rmt7aph - bikes snipers with meds dewbacks ,barracks and factories insides base

http://sendvid.com/h9y0hig4 - snipers, regs,dewbacks, mhc on guard +mhc in sc

http://sendvid.com/joy3f22n - snipers mhc dewback lvl 10 base lvl 10 guns sc was empty do ,non glowing base
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on.

Defenders
Commodore

Post#35 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:58 am

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:I have had no luck with the AT-TE (like I said, I've found 1000 ways NOT to beat Guard Reserve). It's good for the initial wave (which can easily be ambushed or Fanged anyway), but the second wave (and third, and fourth) will ignore it anyway in favor of the closer, main attacking force. So it's of no value.

Basically, I'm playing skip, and skip, and skip, and skip, until I either find a dev base or a base with barracks and factories on or close to the edge (and not the edge of the map). Unfortunately, DrPain is right that not going into the battle with loads of air and a full SC is also a near-guarantee of a loss, as opposed to a 50- or 60-something percent win.

HI Phoenix, as I said once try using rebel troopers comboned with jugg hail and luke or kessen. It has worked very well for me 2 or 3 sstar everytime. You can also use airstrips though if u prefer.
ActiveDonatorYMW PERK:35
HQ9 x2 Faction:Rebel
Windows Survivor

Midge
Admiral

Post#36 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:22 am

It has definitely slowed me enough to where there is debate whether I am enjoying the game enough to keep playing.

BUT ... I am having some success. I am mixing and matching and get two stars sometimes three almost ANY time I use my SC. BUT ... I am more or less dumping at least half of my air every attack.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : 100k+ Medals : Joined the Rebellion 12/28/2015

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#37 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:54 pm

Defenders wrote:HI Phoenix, as I said once try using rebel troopers comboned with jugg hail and luke or kessen. It has worked very well for me 2 or 3 sstar everytime. You can also use airstrips though if u prefer.

Defenders, your advice is as good as anything else I've heard. While I have not found it to be successful for me, it does give me less failure. I have to pick bases carefully; a single buffed mortar wipes out 25% of my attack force. But the rebel horde does occupy the snipers and other enemy troops longer, which is sometimes helpful. Even with skins, mine get one- or two-shotted by buffed mortars and rapids, and snipers (and traps). But, it has gotten me closer to winning than most strategies. I'm still losing, but by less. So thank you.

The wise Obiwan's words pretty much sum up my current strategy: "You can't win. But there are alternatives to fighting." Right now, those alternatives are loads and loads of skipping until I either find the ultra-rare developer base or the almost-as-rare baby seal with exposed-on-the-edge barracks and factories. I feel bad decimating lower levels like that, but I'm not sure what else to do but quit.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
148,300 medals. Max 10 Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#38 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:09 pm

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:Obiwan has held his character much in line with his eponym (his namesake), and I'd give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his opinion of you. I don't think he directly said or meant anything derogatory. He's one of the most helpful people in the SWC community.

Thank you for the kind words, Phoenix. I do try, my friend.
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#39 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:18 pm

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:Thank you for the kind words, Phoenix. I do try, my friend.

Proverbs 27:2 NASB: "Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips." Glad to do a little Proverbs 27:2 for you.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
148,300 medals. Max 10 Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

Medusa
Officer

Post#40 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:34 am

nothing really to add except maybe that even the sith might take exception to MasterMikes mouth I know he didn't address any of his bile at me but I certainly don't think he could be seen as Constructive

Return to “Attacking Rivals”