Success against guard reserve bases (Rebel strategies)

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Success against guard reserve bases (Rebel strategies)

Post#1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:56 pm

Right now, I'm failing miserably against every guard reserve base out there. I'm asking anyone experiencing success to share his or her strategies here. I'm thinking as a Rebel primarily; the little I'm hearing from Imperials indicates that the guard reserve is slowing them down, but not stopping them. E.g., they're going from maybe 70% wins to 55% wins, or from two-star victories to only one-star victories. I'm not getting much more than 10-20% against enabled bases.

It might also be helpful to point out your level, medal count, etc., in your strategies. When I say I'm losing, my usual opponents are the Dark Brigades/DarknessWhatevers/Deutsch_Imperium/MYTH crew, many of whom have high-level guard reserve barracks and factories that are spread out but also under shields so they cannot quickly be destroyed. How do I deal with 4 new snipers and three new bikes and MHCs every 30 seconds (or however often it is), alongside traps, buffed turrets, level 30+ droidekas, and an SC full of nasty?

Some strategies I'm hearing:

1) Use lots of air and SC. Only attack occasionally while these rebuild. Not a lot of fun.
2) Lure the units away and try to destroy the base, not the units, and get to 50% before they turn around. Hasn't worked much for me because new units spawn out of the factories/barracks and decimate my forces anyway.
3) Turtle up and don't play. My current strategy.

Who's having success? What are you doing? Please try not to complain too much in this thread; there are other threads for justified griping. I'm asking for help so I can play this game again. Thanks in advance!
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
148,300 medals. Max 10 Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

Plagueis
Admiral

Re: Success against guard reserve bases (Rebel strategies)

Post#2 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:04 pm

My suggestion to rebels is (if you have them) run light infantry with desert/snow/forest armory buffs, and bikes. Place your barracks and factories deep inside of your base so those buildings are very hard to destroy. The tougher level 10 rebel bases I've faced did this and the empire doesn't run much anti-infantry when attacking so it's not easy to counter. Skiffs are cake to deal with, but tons of regs are annoying, especially when they spawn multiple times in a battle.

Jrrradytorumble
Captain

Post#3 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:25 pm

I think Phoenix is asking for attacking strategy not defense. I myself couldn't win against these bases either; usually fell flat around 20-30%. The only wins are against bases built for HDs in the north corner with all the turrets in the front behind walls... You know which type I'm talking about here lol.
Btw, I'm lv10 with lv10 10 troops with lv6-7 skin buff and 60k plus medals.
I need these tips too otherwise would give up attacking too lol.
Member of Samurai Hunters squad
We drink Sake when warring
We are level 50 war squad, and always accepting new samurai to fight the soulless empires:)

lma
Captain

Post#4 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:00 pm

Phoenix.. most of my squadmates would be in the same pool as you.. if you have a decent deko.. use it as bait (or wed if u have it).. while all the guards go running after your deko, intercept them with heavies and launch the attack. Keep the fangs for troops hard to reach, most of us run with hmc and txs with the occasional jug. The aim is to bring lots of fire power to take down the base while new troops are being spawn. We find we need lots of air (landseer and some fangs).. and frequently get our deks smashed up.. it definitely is tough going. Esp the big imp boys who all bought some crates.. Hope that make sense.. if not feel free to drop by United for a visit :)

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#5 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:10 pm

Jrrradytorumble wrote:I think Phoenix is asking for attacking strategy not defense. I myself couldn't win against these bases either; usually fell flat around 20-30%. The only wins are against bases built for HDs in the north corner with all the turrets i vyingn the front behind walls... You know which type I'm talking about here lol.
Btw, I'm lv10 with lv10 10 troops with lv6-7 skin buff and 60k plus medals.
I need these tips too otherwise would give up attacking too lol.

OOps!! Lol.

Ok so here's what doesn't work against my VERY sucessful defensive ops mhc, bike and snipe lvl 10 imp base:

Tossing a big lump of tx's, juggs, heavies and meds at one corner of my base. My mhcs absolutely MAUL condensed troops and attackers can't fang them thx to wall riding. The snipes begin to pick off heavies and kessen at will. Typically, most rebels waste a ton of time, airpower and troops trying to kill everything that moves and forgets about destroying buildings which usually ends in a 17% loss.

Here's what gets through every so often:

Spread out tx's, heavies and meds because the splash damage isn't bullseyeing the entire attack force with every shot. Good rebels wait a few seconds and don't target the mhcs with fangs the moment they spawn. They save their air for the snipes and AVOID dropping more troops in range of the mhcs, opting to deploy more heavies/regs to take out less guarded buildings. And lastly, rebels who don't waste time worrying about the SC and dekas have more time to win.

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#6 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:45 pm

Still face planting horribly against any guard reserve base. But here is a "tip" that will help. If you find a base you want to try, let the 30-second pre-battle timer run down. Do NOT deploy any troops. See if troops come out of the barracks and/or factories (remember that factory units don't spawn until for 12 seconds; so wait until the clock hits 1 minute 48 seconds). If troops spawn that you don't want to deal with, force close the app WITHOUT DEPLOYING ANY TROOPS. The game will not record your attack, and you will lose no medals. You have to reboot again, but it's better than losing 42 medals.

In the meanwhile, you can always imagine your troops kamikrazeeing into the enemy base screaming, "Witness me!" while you promise them, "You shall ride in Valhalla with me, shiny and chrome!"

That's about the best I can offer so far.
148,300 medals. Max 10 Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

Euph
Major General

Post#7 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:38 pm

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:In the meanwhile, you can always imagine your troops kamikrazeeing into the enemy base screaming, "Witness me!" while you promise them, "You shall ride in Valhalla with me, shiny and chrome!"

..while you look on at them getting butchered and say "Bah, mediocre!" :P Loved that movie. One of the most enjoyable I've seen in a long time.

As for the topic, I don't really know what to tell ya. Use guesstimation to figure out what bases have multiple guards active, and apply the skip button liberally seems to be the best tactic for the moment. :/
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
Could not find an opponent.

RebelBen
Captain

Post#8 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:56 am

If the Imperial has both Anti-Infantry Guard Reserves activated, I must rely heavily on air support (Fang Fighters) to have any chance at a 3-star victory.

I use the Fangs to pick off the guard reserve units as soon as they deploy. Unfortunately this means using several Fangs right at the start of battle and if the enemy has a full SC, you can quickly find yourself extinguishing an entire clip of Fangs in seconds.

At any rate, with my main force safe from one-shot snipers, I am usually able to disable the barracks/factories before a 2nd wave can be unleashed.
We want to battle your squad! Join us for elite squad wars at SquadsOfDeath.com
Rebel HQ10 - Maxing Out
SONS_OF_DEATH

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#9 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:15 pm

In other threads, some of you have indicated a mass-heavy-med-combo backed by sharps or bikes. I've had no luck thus far with this load-out, but would love to hear some more thoughts or ideas. Keep in mind it might be helpful to share your level and approximate medal count, as bases can look different for different levels. I'm medal-capped and max 10, so the bases I see are usually the MYTH/Darkness/Dark Brigade/Deutsch crew.

Keep ideas coming, please!

EDIT: The problem I'm running into with the mass-HMC backed by sharps is that they can't do enough damage. Either the successive waves of enemy troops keep them from getting to the base itself (the heavies mow down the bad guys, but they can't get to the buildings), or the sharps/MHCs one-shot the heavies in a heartbeat. I'm open to hearing what I'm doing wrong.

Defenders
Commodore

Post#10 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:05 pm

What I do is I use rebel troopers to swarm and kill the spawn troops. After I use Juggernaut+Hails and fang fighter to clear out enemy troops, etc. I may use deka/deko if necessary and I usually use Luke or Kessen but I might using Captain Solo.
ActiveDonatorYMW PERK:35
HQ9 x2 Faction:Rebel
Windows Survivor

Return to “Attacking Rivals”