Feels like i'm in a roadblock

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
TheChoujinVirus
Cadet Trooper

Feels like i'm in a roadblock

Post#1 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:54 pm

whenever I try to attack rivals, even ones weak, I Can't seem to win any battles against my rivals
I've tried the Jug, Med, Rebel and it doesn't seem to work
1 Jug
2 Meds
26 Rebels

I'm lvl 5, going to lvl 6 and I don't know what the heck I'm going to do :(

pdqsport
Major General

Re: Feels like i'm in a roadblock

Post#2 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:57 pm

Look at your replays and see what it is that is defeating you. Then adjust your load appropriately.

Looking at that loadout, I'm guessing that you are seeing a mortar turret wipe out your rebels after an rapid fire turret or 2 takes out your Meds.
HQ 10 : 24k medals
IGN : Fidelias
Officer in Kenobi's Command
Level 50 Squad

TheChoujinVirus
Cadet Trooper

Post#3 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:05 pm

pdqsport wrote:Look at your replays and see what it is that is defeating you. Then adjust your load appropriately.

Looking at that loadout, I'm guessing that you are seeing a mortar turret wipe out your rebels after an rapid fire turret or 2 takes out your Meds.

first, no motars, just bust turrets and regular. Though the guy was a rank 3 and I'm guessing the rapid fire killed my meds and the bursters swept the rebs

man... :cry:

as for loadout, i'm looking for a surefire loadout that doesn't require much but has a high chance for a lvl 5 rebel base to pull some victories

Swad
Major General

Post#4 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:51 am

I am no reb but recognise your dilemma. It happens to us all at different times. When you upgrade, you often do need a very different loadout and strategy. If you are in a squad, sharing the replay can often help.
You will get through this barrier eventually. The use of air power is often critical at certain points in your base development. I remember using all my air support in every attack at levels 5-7.
Best of luck.
:lol:

Player name Ghost

Leader of: Spawn an active Imperial war squad
Entry level/assessment squad SPAWN~Rising Join us

Allied with ShadowInMe. An Imperial squad, KSOD top 100.Join us for war.

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#5 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:57 am

This is a common problem for a lvl5. Upgrade your HQ to lvl6 ASAP and you'll be able to build and upgrade another transport which will increase your troop allowance by whooping 50% - this is the game changer.

Also don't forget to research the troops you are using the most and keep them at the highest possible level.

PS: consider joining an active squad full of experienced players. They will be able to look at your replays and tell you if you are doing anything wrong, and they will share theirs for you to learn various bits and bobs. It really helps to play better.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

DeathStriker

Post#6 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:11 am

Sigma582 wrote:This is a common problem for a lvl5. Upgrade your HQ to lvl6 ASAP and you'll be able to build and upgrade another transport which will increase your troop allowance by whooping 50% - this is the game changer. ...

Sigma582 - Great Advice! :D

I would also add that a HQ 6 you get your Armory Unlocked and can start collecting / using Equipment Buffs for deployable Units like Soldiers / Stormtroopers, as well as getting Equipment Buffs for Base Defense.

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

SFOne
Captain

Post#7 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:29 am

I remember at level 5 hitting a bit of a wall but then a squad mate shared a replay where he was using a load out like 10 or 12 banthas, some medics and wookies with Han or Chewie and I suddenly started 3 starring about 90% of my battles. I mean that load out does not work at all at Level 6 - you'll go to the heavy med load out there but this worked well for me at level 5.

I mean, as said previously you will find as you upgrade your HQ battles do get harder for a time, until the rest of your equipment catches up and you find the load out that works for you.

One thing I have learnt from my squadmates is to maybe think about not rushing to add that extra turret or trap when your HQ upgrades - I believe this can increase your base score and therefore increase the difficulty of the opponent you will face. Upgrade all your current buildings to your HQ level first THEN add those new turrets etc. The exception to this is of course the armoury at level 6 as this is a game changer and you want that ASAP so those daily objectives and hd events actually start counting towards something.
Rebel Level 10
Proud member of TheMidnightMob

Boog
Major General

Post#8 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:33 am

It sounds like you could use a vanguard (or two) in your loadout, in addition to the other comments. Traps will wreck a soldier heavy loadout as sure as mortars will.

SFOne wrote:One thing I have learnt from my squadmates is to maybe think about not rushing to add that extra turret or trap when your HQ upgrades - I believe this can increase your base score and therefore increase the difficulty of the opponent you will face. Upgrade all your current buildings to your HQ level first THEN add those new turrets etc. The exception to this is of course the armoury at level 6 as this is a game changer and you want that ASAP so those daily objectives and hd events actually start counting towards something.

This game really punishes you for upgrading your base or winning attacks. I'm a level 5 now with over 5 K medals, and almost all I face in attacks now are level 6's, many with their armory active, and some with a deka (I skip those, lol). It wouldn't be so bad if I also didn't get attacked by level 6's. They can use 30+ more troops than I can, which is BS. I used to have 92 K medals and a pretty good level 10 base on Windows, so I'm not helpless, but three-starring on attack is near impossible, except if I use a Rage Rancor and find the right base.

Other than the Rage attack, there is really no attack available to me that is the magic, instant three star attack. Vehicles are terrible; there is no vehicle that can take more than one or two shots from a rocket turret, and without a shock trooper, a storm-heavy attack fails sooner or later due to traps or mortar fire. The EATAT + 2 repairs is the only thing I have going for me. That normally gets two stars, but I'm usually stuck at 60-70%, and nowhere near three stars. I'm hanging at level 5 until Kessen/shock trooper data is for sale, and maybe until the astromedic data is for sale. As soon as the Rancor nonsense is over, I'm *hoping* that we get a normal event with crates for sale, and also data offered to level 5 and lower players. Right now, we're getting didley squat.

SFOne
Captain

Post#9 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:03 am

Level 5/6 is certainly rougher than when I was at that on my main game. Defensive buffs weren't really a thing then so whilst hard it was doable. I started a Windows game earlier this year (what an idiot!) and level 5/6 was painful until I unlocked buffed troops/heavies.
Rebel Level 10
Proud member of TheMidnightMob

ObiTerekith
Storm Trooper

Post#10 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:30 pm

No matter what level I've been on, I never use more than a dozen rebels. They can be killed far too easy. Looking at your load out, you could really use to throw some heavies in there.

Return to “Attacking Rivals”