What army composition do you prefer?

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
StarS

Re: What army composition do you prefer?

Post#11 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:25 pm

I use a vet atat, 3 repair droids, 8 heavies, 4 shocktroopers, and shoretroopers. I use 5 Tie defenders to take out the clustered turrets- can get about 3 turrets per 2 defenders.
I deploy the vet atat with the repair droids, then I drop around half the shoretroopers and 6 of the heavies to follow them.I also throw in the shocktroopers. Everything else destroys the outlying buildings around corners and on the edge of the map. After the vet atat takes down the shields i drop the defenders to destroy the turrets. It's usually a 3 star.


User avatar
kingdavid
Cadet Trooper
Posts: 2

Re: What army composition do you prefer?

Post#12 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:59 am

I usually use:

20 Dewbacks
10 Stormtroopers
2 Heavy Stormtroopers
3 Probe Droids

My hero is Elite AT-AT always.

I usually put Dewbacks first, and then take down shields by Elite AT-AT. As for this army composition, Mortars are the greatest weakness, so I always prioritize destroying Mortars first by TIE Fighters.

This is a guarantee 3-stars attack if there are no Mortars or that Mortars were destroyed early. Dewbacks are a strong force against other turrets (even if they're Burst Turrets). I just use the Stormtroopers, Heavies and Probe Droids for destroying other buildings.

Though, I'm getting sick of my army composition, I wanna use more vehicles for my next attacks, I would appreciate suggestions from you fellow Commanders. :mrgreen:
Gabe Lovejoy


DarkRebel
Admiral
Posts: 883

Re: What army composition do you prefer?

Post#13 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:31 am

kingdavid wrote:I usually use:

20 Dewbacks
10 Stormtroopers
2 Heavy Stormtroopers
3 Probe Droids

My hero is Elite AT-AT always.

I usually put Dewbacks first, and then take down shields by Elite AT-AT. As for this army composition, Mortars are the greatest weakness, so I always prioritize destroying Mortars first by TIE Fighters.

This is a guarantee 3-stars attack if there are no Mortars or that Mortars were destroyed early. Dewbacks are a strong force against other turrets (even if they're Burst Turrets). I just use the Stormtroopers, Heavies and Probe Droids for destroying other buildings.

Though, I'm getting sick of my army composition, I wanna use more vehicles for my next attacks, I would appreciate suggestions from you fellow Commanders. :mrgreen:

Way too many dewbacks. I found dark troopers are better screeners than dewbacks, and gamorian warriors are better screeners than dark troopers. It's better to replace those 20 dews with 1-2 gamorian warriors (they are good even at L1).
Throw in some hover tanks for turrets (good against mortars), and shocks for trap screening.
If you unlock TIE defenders, use them on turrets rather than fighters.
Load composition varies by level, and they target certain base design, against certain turret composition.
And it's fun to experiment with different troop loads and don't afraid to lose. That's how you learn.


User avatar
erfs
Commodore
Posts: 146

Re: What army composition do you prefer?

Post#14 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:33 am

I use the following composition:
Reb L8:

Chewbacca + Millennium Falcon Support‎ / Senator Leia Organa (on green planets)
9 jets, one med droid, two vanguards, one bufopel (to draw SC troops when needed), two Ithorian plus two TX tanks.
sometimes I alternate that and use 1 T2B, one Hailfire and four buffed rebel soldiers instead of the TX tanks.
Once I have the enhanced T2B buff, I plan on using two T2B plus Rebel soldiers more often. This way I can use four instead of three buffed units.

I used to use Kessen exclusively but prefer buffed Chewy or Leia as they (or the units they spawn) tend to draw turret fire from Jets.

Also sometimes use sullustan recon sharp shooters.

Air: Fang Fighters.

On Hoth, I use eight Tauntauns, two med droids, Kessen, arctic jets and either two cold weather hailfires or cold weather soldiers.


Imp L6:

Tatooine:
EAT-AT + 2 repair droids + six shock troopers + six dewbacks + one Kubaz + 2 TX tanks, rest sand troopers

Green planets:
AT-ACT + 2 repair droids + six shock troopers + six dewbacks + one Kubaz + 2 AT-ST (or one AT-ST and one MTV-7), rest shore troopers

Hoth:
Cold weather AT-MP Mark III, eight INT-4, five shock troopers, one AT-DT and one MTV-7, rest unbuffed stormies.

Air: Tie Striker

Note: if the enemy SC holds strong jets, I use Kessen instead of vehicle heroes to take them out.


User avatar
erfs
Commodore
Posts: 146

Re: What army composition do you prefer?

Post#15 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:47 am

For Imp attacks:

First I use either a stormy or Kubaz to lure out SC troops. Which I use depends on how deep inside the base the squad center is. Kubaz will ideally pop a shield and lure SC troops at the same time.

If no SC troops appear, I use shock troopers to clear traps and / or take out turrets that are not behind buildings (L6 shocks do great against L5 and L6 bases) .

On spread out bases, a few stormies are next to take out scattered buildings (on green planets I launch the AT-ACT first to spawn more troops). After the EAT-AT, next come dewbacks (against rocket turrets) and vehicles against mortars first and then other turrets.

The remaining stormies are used if needed (never use all right away).

Don't use heavies simply because they take longer to build and the other combination works out quite well.

Air - only use it against squad center troops and only if I have to. The reason is that air is both costly (a level 6 Tie Defender costs 5,225) and takes time to build. Luckily, I am not facing guard reserve with my L6 Imp base yet.

No point in spending more on building troops than you get in loot.


User avatar
kingdavid
Cadet Trooper
Posts: 2

Re: What army composition do you prefer?

Post#16 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:41 pm

DarkRebel wrote:Way too many dewbacks. I found dark troopers are better screeners than dewbacks, and gamorian warriors are better screeners than dark troopers. It's better to replace those 20 dews with 1-2 gamorian warriors (they are good even at L1).
Throw in some hover tanks for turrets (good against mortars), and shocks for trap screening.
If you unlock TIE defenders, use them on turrets rather than fighters.
Load composition varies by level, and they target certain base design, against certain turret composition.
And it's fun to experiment with different troop loads and don't afraid to lose. That's how you learn.

I don't have Gamorian Warriors yet :cry: I'll definitely use Dark Troopers next time..

How are Dark Troopers better screeners though? I wanna know. Dewbacks have higher health and damage than Dark Troopers (the reason why I use Dewbacks, rather than Dark Troopers).
Gabe Lovejoy


User avatar
CoolGuy
Commodore
Posts: 184

Re: What army composition do you prefer?

Post#17 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:24 am

Is there a composition that will defeat CNFO?


DarkRebel
Admiral
Posts: 883

Re: What army composition do you prefer?

Post#18 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:20 am

kingdavid wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:Way too many dewbacks. I found dark troopers are better screeners than dewbacks, and gamorian warriors are better screeners than dark troopers. It's better to replace those 20 dews with 1-2 gamorian warriors (they are good even at L1).
Throw in some hover tanks for turrets (good against mortars), and shocks for trap screening.
If you unlock TIE defenders, use them on turrets rather than fighters.
Load composition varies by level, and they target certain base design, against certain turret composition.
And it's fun to experiment with different troop loads and don't afraid to lose. That's how you learn.

I don't have Gamorian Warriors yet :cry: I'll definitely use Dark Troopers next time..

How are Dark Troopers better screeners though? I wanna know. Dewbacks have higher health and damage than Dark Troopers (the reason why I use Dewbacks, rather than Dark Troopers).

Dewback and dark trooper belong to different infantry classes. Dewback belongs to the breacher classs and dark trooper belongs to the bruiser class.
Bruiser infantry is better against rocket turrets than breacher.
You can try it out to see if that makes any difference.
btw, at higher level, dark trooper has better health than dewback.


Return to “Attacking Rivals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests