What army composition do you prefer?

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
raptor
Major General

What army composition do you prefer?

Post#1 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:51 pm

What unit composition do you guys usually take to battles? I usually go with a veteran AT-ST, 3 tanks, 3-4 DarkTroopers, the rest in storm troopers. The the Dark Trooper is just there as canon fodder for the tanks, so deploying them 1-2 at a time to distract canon fire. Storm troopers are in case they have buildings scattered around the corners.

MadHatter

Re: What army composition do you prefer?

Post#2 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:40 pm

At Level 5, the Hero AT-AT is awesome! It has a huge range and can take out shields with one shot. Then you can go in with a lot of Tanks to take out the Canons.

Mozza
Storm Trooper

Post#3 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:03 am

For level 4 I used the vet ATST a lot. Now at 5 I am using the vet ATAT a lot because it just decimates shields.

I go in with 8stormies, 6 darkies, 1 repair, 2 tanks and a vet ATAT. (Usually at least a couple of airstrikes on top if I need the support). My tactic is to start with buildings in the open with the stormies. Then darkies to the turrets to tank for my tanks and vet ATAT to blow the sheild apart then the tanks clean up the turrets with the darkies.

I save my airstrikes with tie fighters for missile turrets (they are deadly to tanks and my ATAT) or if I have trouble breaking in. The main weakness for me is getting the sheild down fast if my ATAT goes full retard or gets stuck. It's good to start it with a bit of range from their base/shields. I haven't had much trouble of late with this. It's a good tactic as long as your ATAT does it's job.

MrsButterworth

Post#4 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:03 pm

I do

Veteran AT AT
4 repair droids
4 mounted wall crusher dudes
6 dark troopers
2 tanks
12 regular stormtroopers

I try to drop the wall killers and dark troopers first because they are tough and give my tanks and vet AT AT time to get up there and get my healing in place. When shields are down I make sure mortar towers in range are killed asap if there isn't a train on them right off I'll use 1-2 tie fighters dropping them. The rest is a mop up and making sure they don't hide dumb buildings in the corners. bases that are all clustered mortar towers are ridiculous and I just skip them entirely and eat the penalty I'm not going to give them free medals.

FearlessFreep
Storm Trooper

Post#5 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:42 am

Level 4 HQ. (dark side)

2 walkers (lvl 4)
6 Storm troopers (lvl 4)
1 hero, usually the gattling laser one (lvl 4)
rest are storm troopers for clean up and picking up outlying buildings.
Definition of a Veteteran. Someone in the, Army, Navy, Marines, Airforce, Coast Guard who at one point in their life wrote a blank check to the country for anything up to and including their life.

DarthMartin
Storm Trooper

Post#6 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:16 am

Lucky enough to be up at level 6 and therefore have 90 spots for troops, I therefore go with:

3 x Tanks (30 points)
4 x Dark Troopers (16 points)
4 x Heavy Stormtrooper (16 points)
16 x Stormtrooper (16 points)
3 x Repair Droid (12 points)

5 x TIE Fighter

You also have 3 hero's to choose from, usually end up using the Elite AT-AT as everyone has 3 shield generators.

I use the Heavy Stormtroopers to clear any buildings out of the way and then launch the AT-AT at the shields attaching the 3 repair droids to it. This usually means it will last long enough to destroy all 3 shields. Sometimes use the Dark Troopers as fodder as well. Use the TIE FIghters to target mortar turrets (once the shields are down) as often your troops end up group and these cause the most damage. Once the shields are gone the tanks are sent in to play. The stormtroopers I use for all the other buildings, just put one next to each!

minion0fdoom
Officer

Post#7 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:17 pm

At lvl 6 I've had great success with

Veteran AT ST lvl 6 (generalist) or Veteran AT AT lvl5 (stuff I want is heavily shielded) or Royal Guard lvl 6 (if turrets are good and spread out)

2 AT AT lvl 6
6 Repair Droid lvl 5
5 Heavy Troopers lvl 6
20 Troopers lvl 6

I generally drop my hero first and droids to repair, do a cover with regular troopers followed by heavies for damage, and then regular AT-STs.

I did this a lot on the recent tournament and got to 6% league pretty easily. I was shopping for specific base types where the HQ was vulnerable, though. I'm planning on adjusting my strategy once I start shopping for resources in preparation for a HQ lvl up.

analphisto
Storm Trooper

Post#8 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:44 am

On lvl 6 imperium ill usually do the following meta that usually results in 1-2, sometimes 3 stars. Very versatile for a lot of base types and NO STUPID PATHING ISSUES (well, in rare occasions, the tanks are stupid...)

Hero at-mp
2 tanks
6 dark troopers
5 heavies
3 repair droids
4 dewbacks
=88 slots, have to update that last platform ;)

Send few darks to draw focus, then deploy tanks and hero. Shields go down fast (seems that hero at-mp has some multiplyer) and turrets are attacked with good damage and range, resultkng usually in a one or two volley kill. Repeat distraction with darkies for each shield.

If the machines have to tank rocket fire, deploy repair droids, if needed use TIE to take down specific mortars or rockets.

Use the dewbacks for mobility clearing damage, walls, or to distract turrets.

Use the heavies exclusively for clearing up the safe area behind the turret squad :) try to meet with machines at the hq, since somtimes machines seem to camp there, attacking the hq while taking turret fire.

One star guarantee, usually two, will be three if heavies and dewbax survive.

basebroker
Storm Trooper

Post#9 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:32 am

level 7

elite at-at
3 heavy cannons
4 repair droids
rest heavy troopers

GhosteenXII

Post#10 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:18 am

Usually:

Elite At-At/vet AT-ST/Royal guard (the royal guard is rarely)
5 repair droids
3 tanks
2 at st
Just CHARGE!

Return to “Attacking Rivals”