Level 10 Rebel Attacks - How To Win

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
Tonyle40
Captain

Level 10 Rebel Attacks - How To Win

Post#1 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:16 am

Level 10 Rebel Attacks

I used to get 80-100% all the time when I was level 6-8 - I'm now level 10 and am getting killed when I attack. here's what I'm using:

Hero - Han Solo - Level 9

4 jetpacks - Level 10
2 med droids - Level 9
14 heavies - Level 10

10 Ywings - Level 9

I seriously have to find a weaker opponent to get 2-3 stars. What are other level 10's doing to be successful? I also try and stay away from troop centers that are under 2 or more shields - once the speeders come out, they wipe me out! Any help would be appreciated
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Title To Better Define Topic - Put Original Thread Title in Main Thread Post

Vorchild
Commodore

Re: Level 10 Rebel Attacks

Post#2 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:29 am

I never see anyone use Y wings. What do you use them for in your attacks? I rarely see anyone using Han at this level. Most go with Luke or Kessen. I also tend to see a couple more meds on the heavies.

What I really see you missing, though, is a way to bait and wipe out the SC, which is probably what's getting you pasted. Imp defence relies almost entirely on the SC (unless they have L10 sonics around). Now, you can bait it, or snipe it, whatever works best for you, but sniping takes more build time for the air (unless you have Kessen). Most people use a bantha rider to bait it and a couple twileks to wipe out the bikes, or some hwks/fangs if it is something else. Or, keep them busy with Luke's spinning saber and let the heavies wipe them (required a bit better timing).

In your case, I'd probably swap the hero, swap a couple heavies for meds, and replace the jumps with baiting troops plus a few soldiers to round out taking down the outside elements of the base (which I'm guessing is what you use the jumps for now).

Shelendil
Admiral

Re: Level 10 Rebel Attacks

Post#3 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:57 am

1. Bait or snipe the sc unless it's placed such that you can reach the headquarters without triggering it.

2. Have a plan for killing turrets. They're more than 50% of the total base health at level 10. Most loadouts have something that targets turrets: hails, TX-225s, or b-wings.

3. Have a plan for taking the shields down so that your turret killers can go to work: jugs, infiltrators, or a-wings.

A force that is solely infantry is likely going to have a hard time against almost any level 10 base with the new armory buffs.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Python6
Commodore

Re: Level 10 Rebel Attacks - How To Win

Post#4 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:39 am

Need to add baiting units to deal with SC. Banthas are great as long as there is a turret in the SC trigger area. Bikes also work since they will run to a deka and are fast enough to set off traps without getting killed (just make sure the deka is in the SC trigger zone or that the bike will drive though the trigger zone on the way to the deka). Once triggered drop the bait on the edge and take the SC forces out. A couple of twi'leks right on top of bikes does wonders to kill them. Jumps work if the SC force is locked onto the bait target. Or you can just have a bike / skiff sc load yourself and drop your sc on theirs.
Officer ImperialNWA Andriod / IOS Imperial Squad. If you are a new / developing player check out our developmental squads ImperialNWA_II and ImperialNWA_III.
LINE ID is python6swc

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#5 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:47 pm

Heavies and Meds? Only if you have Equipment on them. Where's your Jugg, where's your Hails? Any attack using only 3 units, and a Hero unfit to handle SC troops, is doomed to failure; your loadout must be flexible enough to allow for whatever you encounter, bikes and snipes, jumps or crabs; sonics or RFTs.

Try:
Jugg
4 Hails
5 Jets
2 Meds
2 Heavies
Van
Twi'lek
8 Rebs
Luke or Kessen
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

Tonyle40
Captain

Post#6 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:55 am

Thank you all for the good information - really appreciate it!

geoman48
Commodore

Post#7 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:00 am

Also, I think Han Solo maybe the 4th best rebel hero behind: 1. Luke (twirl), 2. Chewy (no medic need apply), and 3. Leia (as long as she isn't on a suicidal rampage). Han Solo is not useful on higher level imp bases because of his low hitpoints the medic droids can't heal him fast enough. High level imps tend to concentrate their turrets so Han is doing good to take out 2 turrets.
:mrgreen: do you have the droids I'm looking for? :mrgreen:

HarrissonFord
Officer

Post#8 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:21 am

Off course, Han Solo is still efficient at level 10..
"He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious." Sun Tzu, (The Art of war)

Return to “Attacking Rivals”