[Empire] Best troops to deal with dekas

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
rRr
Admiral

[Empire] Best troops to deal with dekas

Post#1 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:36 am

Hello guys, how are you dealing with enemy dekas?

I mean like, when you want to do a fast streak of attacks, you can't relly on ya fighters. You might use one or two every now and then, but if you use them on every attack, you will have to wait loooooooong time for them to build.

Sooo, what troops are best to deal with the dekas?

Sentinel ain't much a problem for me. Because of his short range, hes dead once he targets eAT-AT.
BUT the Oppressor is another story, his range is long and he often decimates forces from behind troops/turrents while they are busy clearing trash.

I have been trying Snipers to deal with dekas, but they dont do much dmg to them so I am not happy about them.
Bikes might be better, but they are being build in factory which would slow my attacks rate.
I have been thinking about Jumps..because they are "levitating", Oppressor shouldn't delete them with that AoE attack.

Sooo guys, how do you deal with dekas? :)
Empire HQ X, 30 000+ medals, contrabant addict.
Proud officer of Sith-Society
we have currently 2 open slots,
take your chance to be in same squad as "UCL Tracker" chat family founder
;)
LINE: rrr-firstlorder

Joffray
Commodore

Re: [Empire] Best troops to deal with dekas

Post#2 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:07 am

Jump horde. 6-10 jumps will kill anything. If you bait sc just drop a gamo to screen the jumps. The mass sniper attack will steamroller anything. 10-15 snipers and lv5+ luggas. you don't even need med ships.
Lv9, 26k medals
Alderaan-Memory
We have pizza! :D

...Retired...#armoryisop

sargentti1000
Storm Trooper

Post#3 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:18 am

I really recommend AT-DP for dekas. 1 AT-DP will destroy both dekas(Probably not lvl 40-50). My typical loadout is eATAT, 1-2 MHC, AT-DP, 1-2 Bikes(to trip dekas/SC), Snipes/Lugga, Devs, Shock, Troopers. I trip dekas with a bike, use trooper to bait them where I want, place AT-DP next to dekas and snipers/lugga will help. AT-DP and Jumps works just as well. Sometimes I use Gamo to hold dekas in place and a bunch of jumps to kill them. My loadout (precooked) takes about 5mins to cook after a battle which I dont mind because i have to wait 5mins anyway for eATAT.

Poene
Commodore

Post#4 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:58 pm

I second sargentti's remark: AT-DP is can easily clear the dekas. The trickiest part is baiting the dekas to a place where you can place the AT-DP.

Denroe
Captain

Post#5 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:24 am

I use 8 jumps..I don't even bother to bait them since the deka will come all the way out to get at my deko and the deko does little damage to jumps. When attacking a compact base the only defenses I fear are sonic farms that are difficult to trip with a stormie and sc troops coming out before eatat gets the last shield
Lvl 10 - - Officer Imperial Enclave -- currently accepting active lvl 10 imperials

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#6 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:18 am

I lure both dekas (without SC) to eATAT and once they are on the edge of the base I drop 6-7 snips to take them out (be sure that deko won't hurt them by splash damage). As soon as deko is dead I send a repair to recover eAT's damage while it walks towards "hot area".

This way SC is tripped lately. Then I send 2-3 bikes and add 1-3 VT ships if needed to take care of the contents.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

pdqsport
Major General

Post#7 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:35 am

If it is just about the oppressor, trip it with the troop of your choice (I use a simple stormtrooper), find a building in the middle of nowhere and attack the building with a single jump unit.

The deko will go out to attack the jump, but its bombs will explode on the ground doing only minimal damage to the jump.

Set another single trooper on the opposite side of the oppressor from the jump trooper to ensure no splash damage gets on the trooper.

The combined fire of the jump (which targets oppressor after the building is gone) and the single storm trooper will carve the oppressor down to nuts and bolts.

It always works for me. :)
HQ 10 : 24k medals
IGN : Fidelias
Officer in Kenobi's Command
Level 50 Squad

1KNJ
Officer

Post#8 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:58 am

pdqsport wrote:If it is just about the oppressor, trip it with the troop of your choice (I use a simple stormtrooper), find a building in the middle of nowhere and attack the building with a single jump unit.

The deko will go out to attack the jump, but its bombs will explode on the ground doing only minimal damage to the jump.

Set another single trooper on the opposite side of the oppressor from the jump trooper to ensure no splash damage gets on the trooper.

The combined fire of the jump (which targets oppressor after the building is gone) and the single storm trooper will carve the oppressor down to nuts and bolts.

It always works for me. :)

You are pure evil :o
HQ9
10k+ medals
Officer inKenobi's Command
Level 50 Squad

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#9 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:00 am

pdqsport wrote:...

nice

New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

Return to “Attacking Rivals”