Empire - What Is Your Favorite Load Out?

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
Lampie
Commodore

Re: Empire - What Is Your Favorite Load Out?

Post#51 » Sun May 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Plagueis wrote:A big hint to successful vader useage is paying attention to sonic turret timing and other turrets that will engage vader after the blast. Generally, you never want vader to get below 1/2 health before dropping a t-5 or twirling. And always try to "pre trip" sonics with storms before vader gets within range of them. Basically, storms tank sonics and vader tanks the rest. Most important of all, don't be in a hurry to deploy vader. If your storms can clear enough buildings to trip sonic turrets, that's when you drop vader.

cool as now have Vader buff and he is lvl 6 currently, also have Astromech. My current layout (buffs help) is (I'm HQ9)

4 x MHCs
8 x Heavies
21 x Stormies
1 x Shock
1 x Repair
1 x EATAT

Appears effective but have put off upgrading my HC , SSC and factories due to current death star frags for all objectives. So been hitting the crates hard at the mo and after the event look at how I can still grind on while some key buildings are out of action while upgrading.
EvilEwoks - Windows :D Empire's finest, Squad Wars 71W - 7L

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#52 » Sun May 21, 2017 3:27 pm

I wouldn't move away from e at-at to vader until you have him to up to at least lvl 9 and can take advantage of his increased health to absorb turret fire. At HQ 10 you'll get t-5s and Vader will become an even more viable option.

danewayne

Post#53 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:32 am

I can't win attacks at all. I've been struggling since I hit Empire base level 9 and now I'm at 10. With all of the new overpowered unique units out there, my base has been left behind because I can't finish in the top 2% of conflicts any more. Now with the new defensive unit spam, I'm barely getting 30% when I attack.

What is a loadout to use where I can at least get 50% or the HQ? I only have 108 unit capacity. Here's what I've been using and failing repeatedly with:
EATAT
3-4 MHC
4xHeavy storm w/ armory upgrade
4x Repair droids
2x Shock
1x Lugga
10x storm
1x MTV

Elite ATAT goes down after maybe getting half the shields. Since the armory changes and all of the new units have been added, I can't win attacks any more. I already get curb stomped on all defenses by lvl 10 rebels with all unique units at level 10 as well. This game has become extremely frustrating and is no longer much fun to play. I'll probably quit and uninstall if I can't start winning attacks.

Any thoughts from high level empire players?

Boog
Major General

Post#54 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:18 am

Not high level anymore, lol, but when I was a 10 I pretty much attacked all infantry. I would throw a couple tx225's in to speed the build, but if I were you, get rid of the mhc's. They're awful. 4 MHC's = 12 buffed heavies. And ditch the repair droid. There, now you have 4 more heavies. And ditch the lugg and replace with 7 storms. The heavies will take shields. Honestly, I'd go with Vader as well and lose the EATAT (I always used vader). If you have kubaz, take a couple and use them to start attacks when it works. Of course, it's all harder with the new armory buffs, but even with them, the #1 thing I think you want is speed, versatility, and more troops. The EATAT/MHC/Repair droid attack is slow as crap, and you're a sitting duck if vanguards or skiffs start popping out of nowhere.

Boog
Major General

Post#55 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:23 am

I had two attacks:

1. Run the kubaz into the base (usually corner with wall stubs), blow 2+ shields, watch the dekas and SC pop. Drop Vader in far corner, let him walk in, activate just before he takes fire. Drop a shocker behind him, then drop the heavies (maybe not all) and kill the dekas and SC troops. And any other garbage that appears, if possible. Then spread out more shock troopers, fan out heavies/storms, sit for a minute and get a hundo.

2. Drop ~2 shockers (spread out) outside the base walls. Fan out storms to take out-buildings. Let them work. Fan out heavies behind storms. When the first two shields pop, bring in Vader. Let him get a couple turrets, when he is in front of next two shields, activate him. Get ready for dekas/SC. Drop a couple strikers, unload all you heavies/storms, wait a bit, watch everything die.

Boog
Major General

Post#56 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:27 am

I used that attack, even most of the time on forest planets (I had level 5 ATACT). The big dummy is too slow for infantry, and usually trails behind. Once the shields are down, it just starts moon-walking and is generally useless.

Level 6 attack now (lol):
Kessen (lvl 6)
6 IG-86 (lvll 6)
4 shockers (lvl 6)
3 kubaz (lvl 1)
27 sandtroopers (lvl 5)

It works is all I can say. Have only hit one base with reserve guard, got ~53%. Could have done better if I'd been paying attention, lol.

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#57 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:37 am

Speaking of FAVORITE loadouts, I liked eATAT + 3 MHCs + 7 snips + 2 bikes + aux troops like pig, shocks, dewback and storms. Before armory came out I could consistently get 2 stars out of most lvl10 bases with full SC and active dekas without dropping flag or using air.

The most efficient loadout for me now at lvl8 is either
a) eAT and all-storms (buffed), plus 2-3 shocks and 1-2 pigs or
b) eAT/ATMP, 3-4 TX, rest buffed storms (again with shocks and pigs)

MHCs are useless apart from Hoth; heavies are not better than storms, therefore I keep both at lvl1 and cook only for donations or objectives.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

ZeryabPrime
Captain

Post#58 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:32 am

I like to go out with a loadout of one troop.

I have 90 space and so take all StormTroopers with the buff-sandtroopers along with Veteren AT ST or Elite AT AT
ZeryabPrime
Imperial :twisted:
HQ8 8-) 8-) 8-)
BestClan2 (COME, WARS AFTER WARS, NO REST!) ;)
DIE REBEL SCUM :lol: :lol: :lol:

ColdFyre
Cadet Trooper

Post#59 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:48 am

Sigma582 wrote:The most efficient loadout for me now at lvl8 is either
a) eAT and all-storms (buffed), plus 2-3 shocks and 1-2 pigs or
b) eAT/ATMP, 3-4 TX, rest buffed storms (again with shocks and pigs)

I'm having a hard time getting 1 star let alone 2-3 with that #1 loadout. However, I think it's more to do with how I attack than what I attack with.

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#60 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:13 am

Vader (lord or no skin)

1 shock
1 kubaz
2 desert storms
16 desert jumps

2 tie strikers
5 t-5s

Enjoy it before it gets nerfed!

Return to “Attacking Rivals”