Empire - What Is Your Favorite Load Out?

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
Sigma582
Admiral

Re: Empire - what is your favorite load out?

Post#11 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:04 pm

eatat
3 mhc
2 bikes
1 mtv
7 snips
2 dews
1 shock
1 rep
3 storms
2 scouts
8 vt-49
2 medships in case something goes south
full queue of vt-49
not using SC unless for deploy/receive objectives

-bait dekas with storms/scouts/dews but avoid tripping SC
-drop eatat far away
-drop shock a few tiles aside eatat
-when dekas come to the edge of buildings/stumps zone drop 4-6 snips near shock (zone safe from -both traps and deko's splash)
-when deko is dead drop rep on eatat to recover lost hp and drop 3 mhc alongside with eatat
-use storms/scouts/dews to distract sonics as the main forces approach
-be ready to deploy bikes and/or vt-49 when SC pops out or laat trap is triggered; snips will do what they can but may easily die in process
-use the remaining troops to clean up distant zones

it's very fragile attack and easy to messup but I like it

when I upgrade my luggas high enough I want to add a lugga in the mix by either replacing 1 snip or removing 1 mhc, 1 st and 1 scout and adding lugga+snip instead.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

rRr
Admiral

Post#12 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:58 am

I am fresh HQ9 only 1 transport and 1 turrent is being upgraded to lvl9 right now. Rest of base is lvl 8. However I have already upgraded storages and research to lvl 9.

Soo my loadout is still lvl8 one:
1x eAT-AT
1x AT-AT
3x MHC
4x repair droid
5x heavyStormtrooper

Air Support: 7x TIE fighter
SC: 2x snipers, 3x bikes

It is pretty simple loadout but its very flexibile, and thats why I luke it. And it allows me to do attack every 5 minutes which is great for conflict (I put all units for new loadout into building queues and half is built while I am attacking).

I use 2 different tactics:
1.) Standard attack
I put both AT-ATs on oposite corners of base so they destroy shields without getting too much into enemy base (and dont walk too deep into turrents). Next to AT-ATs I deploy MHCs. Usually 2xMHC to eliteAT-AT and one MHC to standard AT-AT, but thats not set in stone, MHCs deployment depends on how turrents are set. Sometimes I put all 3 together then one side of shields cover has clustered turrents and other almost none.
I try to deploy forces so they dont activate SC or Dekas before shields are down.
After shields are down, AT-ATs nuke everything at range and MHCs are clearing turrents.
Than I deploy 5xHeavyStormtroopers, to clear spread buildings. Usualy one in each corner and the 5th where is needed. They should meet AT-ATs in middle. :) or at least clear distant trash so AT-ATs dont need to walk much.
I dont use TIEs regulary, usualy I use them when ground forces are too slow at destroying storages, mostly contrabant safehouse, but sometimes when loot is big enough also credit and alloy.
I never use SC in standard attacks, as I am on ErKit and I dont want to risk being attacked with empty SC.
2.) SquadWar
In SquadWar I use same tactics just with some exception:
TIEs - I use 2 TIE fighters to counter Dropship traps. I know exactly when to put them on to kill heavies right when they are deployed.
Also another 2 TIE fighters are used on SC when it is deshielded to destroy it before troopd get out. It is very hard, if not impossible to shield SC so, that AT-AT cannot deshield it without triggering. Range of shield+AT-ATs range is greater than SC triggering range.
Rest of fighters is saved and used where needed (if turrents are about to destroy some machine, or last seconds building destroy that are unreachable by ground forces).
SC - I use SC troops to counter enemy Droidekas, literally Opressor as for his ling range. Sentinel has short range so he usualy comes so close to one of AT-ATs that he gets 2 shoted by it.

This tac was very good when I was HQ8, but its being harder and harder as I am moving into HQ9. Also is very very fragile and careful deployment timing is a must, if one of AT-ATs is deployed too early or too late, it gets destroyed by walking deep into base. They must be deployed that they both destroy last shoeld in exactly same time. Also active Opressor does much dmg as of its long range so he does not come close enough to being destroyed by AT-ATs.
Empire HQ X, 30 000+ medals, contrabant addict.
Proud officer of Sith-Society
we have currently 2 open slots,
take your chance to be in same squad as "UCL Tracker" chat family founder
;)
LINE: rrr-firstlorder

DarthRayne
Captain

Post#13 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:28 am

HQ9
108 transport capacity
30 starship capacity
36 Squad Center capacity

Transport Load:
Elite AT AT
4 shock troopers
4 repair droids
3 MHC
2 luggabeasts
30 storm troopers

Starship Load:
4 Tie Defenders
3 Tie Fighters

Squad Center Load Defense:
Probe droids

Squad Center Load Offense:
2 AT ST walkers
Rest storm troopers

DarthRayne
Captain

Post#14 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:38 am

I deploy my shock troopers first to clear my path. Then my Elite AT AT, repair droids, Luggabeasts, and MHC's in one pile. I attach the repairs and beasts to my AT AT and keep MHC's near to reap the benefits of healing and damage boosts. I usually wait until my AT AT destroys the shield covering the squad center then airstrike it. Usually takes 2-3 tie fighters. If I accidentally trip the squad center then I use tie fighters to take care of what was inside. As shields come down I start taking out turrets with tie defenders. I deploy storm troopers as needed. Usually behind my armada of heavies but also sometimes in further places on the base as to destroy spread out buildings. If I use my squad center for attack that's an extra 2 heavies and 16 troops. Completely overwhelming any base. I deploy my droidekas as need. Usually to ambush enemy droidekas or use them to hit opposite side of base.
Last edited by DarthRayne on Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarthRayne
Captain

Post#15 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:43 am

Probe droids are great at defense especially at higher levels with higher squad center capacity. They act like a hive and and move quickly. Of course bikes, snipers, and jump troops are all acceptable as good defenses but probes take up less capacity. Twileks are good for defense as well.

DarthRayne
Captain

Post#16 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:46 am

I am looking to experiment with jump troopers next. Probes like anything else are weak against heavy fire and airstrikes. Are jump troopers susceptible to airstrikes? When I attacked a rebel base and tripped the sc they had their equivalent to our jump troops and I airstriked it no health taken away nor destroyed it.

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#17 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:35 am

DarthRayne wrote:I am looking to experiment with jump troopers next. Probes like anything else are weak against heavy fire and airstrikes. Are jump troopers susceptible to airstrikes? When I attacked a rebel base and tripped the sc they had their equivalent to our jump troops and I airstriked it no health taken away nor destroyed it.
jumps are invulnerable to air but that's their only advantage as SC units. there are plenty units dealing more damage per UC out there. also note that you have to deal massive concentrated damage in order to kill heavies healed by trashcans.
bikes, snips, atat and maybe atdp are the best things to dispatch heavies but each unit has its own downsides as well.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

DarthVacc
Major General

Post#18 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:15 pm

I go with a pretty versatile/generic loadout, particularly for conflict grinds. It's nothing fancy but tends to get the job done. If I start this loadout precooking before I go on a run, It's done about the same time my eATAT has been rebuilt.

Android/iOS
Imperial - base level: 9

heroes:
eATAT / Vader / Crimson

Transports (108 unit capacity):
1 Pig
1 Lugga
2 Dews
3 Repairs
3 Heavies
1 Snipe
2 Jumps
2 Shocks
2 MHCs
1 MTV
9 Stormies

Air:
2 Fighters, 5 Defenders and 1 Interceptor (only use when necc)

SC:
Tends to be 3 speed, 2 jumps, and a probe or heavy

Rank 15 Commander - Lvl10 HQ - 57k+ Medals
Officer - EastCoastRaiders - #272 Squad Worldwide - lvl48 Perks - 490k+ Squad Medals

Sixace
Captain

Post#19 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:59 pm

I'll play, but I really don't have a go to loadout for PvP. Like most, it varies depending on what I'm doing..New lvl10, 160 total uc. iOS.

Mostly like Sync, I generally cook plenty for usual donations and run with the leftovers. Since I'm visiting a new squad this has been different as they run different stuff than my reg squad. It's made it fun and interesting.

For conflicts (and really most of the time)I mix up a bowl of "stew" and ramp up all factories with random mixes of bikes (donations) spiders, at-st. All barracks are mixed with a mess of jumps, snipes, shocks, dews, repairs and storms. It's really a fun mess, with usually up to 350 uc in the que. sometimes a few twi and lugs (garlic, go easy). If there's crates, I add more of those in the mix. Drop those first and only what is needed after. Air, if I have it and need to.

For flat out looting (whale hunting) it's meat shield rancors, gammos, Eatat, Twileks , scouts,jumps/snipes and a couple kubz. I drop a couple kubz and meatshielded hairball as close to the loot as possible and, if needed, snipe with ties (sorry!) anything I can get. It's over quick and as a lvl9 I could get the 3m for a turret with around 200-250 medal loss. Lots and Lots of skipping, min 500k alloy target.

I think I have both ADD and OCD with this game. Ran the standard meatshielded Eatat and spiders with cleanup, bait sometimes, snipe sometimes to break it up. Right now, the random donation/crate soups is interesting to me.
Empire Player Lvl10

“He who only sees the obvious, wins his battles with difficulty; he who looks below the surface of things, wins with ease”
― Sun Tzu

Fakeurdeath
Commander

Post#20 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:55 am

iOS
Level 10 HQ, scattered 8-9 turrets and shields

For my quick load out i like to use:

Elite AT-AT
1 Gamo
3 Bikes
1 MHC
1 ATDP
4 Jump troops
3 Repair droids
2 Heavies