Luggabeasts.... yay or nay?

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
Lambruh
Captain

Luggabeasts.... yay or nay?

Post#1 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:16 am

Imperial lvl 9 here

I just unlocked my lugabeast and have him upgraded to level 2. Have been using him the past week but havn't noticed much of a difference other than taking up troop capacity. Was going to max him out before using him but I noticed it takes MANY days to upgrade this guy even at low levels.

so...

1. Is it worth the wait time to upgrade Luggabeast?

2. What do you usually attach him to during a loadout?

3. What mercenary do you find the most useful :arrow:

Thanks for any input =)
Empire
EPIC-SQUAD
Ranked #250

Denroe
Captain

Re: Luggabeasts.... yay or nay?

Post#2 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:55 am

1. Yes to a certain extent. There is a balance between increasing his boost but not having him take too long to train
2. Whenever I do use a lugga I ALWAYS attach to eatat, mhc, deko, repair grouping. They all have similar range and speed.
3. Gam...not close...their ability to take turret fire while eatat works on shields and mhc works on getting in position to take out turrets is indispensable for my LO
Lvl 10 - - Officer Imperial Enclave -- currently accepting active lvl 10 imperials

BertO
Major General

Post#3 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:41 pm

1. I've try using my HQ luggas at level three and they suck, I use SC ones at level 5+ and they are the business. Definitely not a useful unit early on.

2. Definitely needs to work with a unit that clumps and moves at a single speed. Also helps if the unit you attach it to flies over walls to add a unit that will clear the way for the lugga.

3. Twi'leks. Best antidote to bike gang issues is two servings of hot sauce.
1471954450897.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Live long and prosper.

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#4 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:04 pm

For most Imperial loadouts Mr. Piggy is essential. If you don't use him as meatshield you'll very quickly find your mechs smoking - thanks to rockets' damage multiplier against mechs (400% AFAIR).

If you don't want to wait for ages for your troops you are limited to only one merc in your loadout which pretty much rules out any options other than Gamo.

Rebs don't depend on piggy as much as imps so they can afford experimenting with luggas and twileks.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

BertO
Major General

Post#5 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:28 pm

Sigma582 wrote:For most Imperial loadouts Mr. Piggy is essential. If you don't use him as meatshield you'll very quickly find your mechs smoking - thanks to rockets' damage multiplier against mechs (400% AFAIR).

If you don't want to wait for ages for your troops you are limited to only one merc in your loadout which pretty much rules out any options other than Gamo.

Rebs don't depend on piggy as much as imps so they can afford experimenting with luggas and twileks.

I see luggas almost always when visited by top 100 iOS players now. They ditch most of the meatshields and repairs and just hook a luggas to MHC and Deka Oppressor. Rarely do the turrets get to fire so the 400% the mulitplier doesn't even come into it. Probably more effective against sonic gardens than rocket farms, but yeah, eAT-MHC-Sniper-Lugga with med ship support seems to be the flavour of the day.

A lot of rebs can't play with luggas as the double twilek trick is the most reliable cure for bike and bike-sniper SCs.

Live long and prosper.

syncpan77
Major General

Post#6 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:08 pm

BertO wrote:
Sigma582 wrote:For most Imperial loadouts Mr. Piggy is essential. If you don't use him as meatshield you'll very quickly find your mechs smoking - thanks to rockets' damage multiplier against mechs (400% AFAIR).

I see luggas almost always when visited by top 100 iOS players now. They ditch most of the meatshields and repairs and just hook a luggas to MHC and Deka Oppressor. Rarely do the turrets get to fire so the 400% the mulitplier doesn't even come into it. Probably more effective against sonic gardens than rocket farms, but yeah, eAT-MHC-Sniper-Lugga with med ship support seems to be the flavour of the day.

A lot of rebs can't play with luggas as the double twilek trick is the most reliable cure for bike and bike-sniper SCs.

This couldn't be more true. Essentially they ditch shield units to avoid tripping the SC and just focus on healing their long range units (Snipers, Crabs, ATATs) instead. Luggabeasts attached to these long-ranged monsters are extremely effective at gunning down turrets and shields before getting into serious trouble. Once the SC is activated, hopefully all shields are already down and you can get a clean VT bombardment on whatever pops out.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Veteran squad in the process of rebuilding. Join us today, apply within game or contact me.

OFFICER in "Darkdonations"
Veteran squad-NO OP Wars on weekends

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#7 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:19 am

BertO wrote:A lot of rebs can't play with luggas as the double twilek trick is the most reliable cure for bike and bike-sniper SCs.

dunno, when I see my replays, the most often rebs keep bikes busy with dancing luke and shred them with heavies. sometimes a lugga walks with heavies but dies quickly.

syncpan77 wrote:This couldn't be more true. Essentially they ditch shield units to avoid tripping the SC and just focus on healing their long range units (Snipers, Crabs, ATATs) instead. Luggabeasts attached to these long-ranged monsters are extremely effective at gunning down turrets and shields before getting into serious trouble. Once the SC is activated, hopefully all shields are already down and you can get a clean VT bombardment on whatever pops out.

Interesting, I'll try it myself.
I must say thank you for sharing snips-based strategy on playdom. Been using it for a couple months with some variations and like it a lot.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

BertO
Major General

Post#8 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:45 am

Sigma582 wrote:
BertO wrote:A lot of rebs can't play with luggas as the double twilek trick is the most reliable cure for bike and bike-sniper SCs.

dunno, when I see my replays, the most often rebs keep bikes busy with dancing luke and shred them with heavies. sometimes a lugga walks with heavies but dies quickly.

syncpan77 wrote:This couldn't be more true. Essentially they ditch shield units to avoid tripping the SC and just focus on healing their long range units (Snipers, Crabs, ATATs) instead. Luggabeasts attached to these long-ranged monsters are extremely effective at gunning down turrets and shields before getting into serious trouble. Once the SC is activated, hopefully all shields are already down and you can get a clean VT bombardment on whatever pops out.

Interesting, I'll try it myself.
I must say thank you for sharing snips-based strategy on playdom. Been using it for a couple months with some variations and like it a lot.

Spinning Luke tactic sucks as it is easy to plant traps or place turrets to kill him as it is easy to predict where he is going to go as it needs space. Twi'lek twins going Super Nova can be done on cramped edges and traps or a trailing sniper or DekA/DekO complications aren't a concern. Also the twins are much faster and it goes pear-shaped spinning farmboy is a back up. Luke twirl and heavies goes wrong that is the entire battle.

Takes eight seconds with the flame girls and works 99% of the time.

Live long and prosper.

Darth82
Cadet Trooper

Post#9 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:54 pm

I put the logg on the elite at-at and my jumpers
Leader of squadoforder66

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#10 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:18 pm

Lambruh wrote:Imperial lvl 9 here

I just unlocked my lugabeast and have him upgraded to level 2. Have been using him the past week but havn't noticed much of a difference other than taking up troop capacity. Was going to max him out before using him but I noticed it takes MANY days to upgrade this guy even at low levels.

so...

1. Is it worth the wait time to upgrade Luggabeast?

2. What do you usually attach him to during a loadout?

3. What mercenary do you find the most useful :arrow:

Thanks for any input =)

1. If you have lots of HQ samples then don't worry about upgrading him. I do the same with all mercs. Prefer to use HQ samples and use research centre for other troops/buffs. Guess this depends how many samples you have but I have 500+ ;-)
2. I like attaching lugga to jumps or snipers (or Kessen)
3. I probably use Togs or Gams the most. As mentioned by others the Gams are a great meat shield, absorbs a lot of fire from turrets while your other troops shoot from a distance.
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

Return to “Attacking Rivals”