Attacking Base with Staggered Wall Setup Pls Advise

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
GZI187
Storm Trooper

Attacking Base with Staggered Wall Setup Pls Advise

Post#1 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:13 pm

Level 5 Rebel Base with Staggered Wall Setup, I am Level 4 usually send in Dark Troopers with Hero AT MP for turrets, find dewbacks die too easily, then follow with stormtrooper coverage, any tips on best vehicles or troops to engage base?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sigma582
Admiral

Re: Attacking Base with Staggered Wall Setup Pls Advise

Post#2 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:49 pm

there are lots of options:

- Unlock Shock troopers on Tatooine. Shock will target traps if there are any, otherwise - the closest target. When his target is behind walls - he shoots those walls and makes holes really quickly.
- Upgrade to lvl 7 and get yourself MHCs or just ask your squadmates to send one to your SC. MHC will target turrets, it has good splash damage which destroys wall clusters very effficiently. Note that MHCs have very low damage against resource buildings and you will want other troops to remove those to let MHC shoot at walls and eventually at turrets - then this crab will do its job.
- Use TIE interceptors to damage/destroy wall clusters at strategic points.
- Use 2M tanks - they have good damage against walls and will make holes almost as efficiently as MHCs.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

syncpan77
Major General

Post#3 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:27 pm

You might want to drop two dark troops wide at the south part, and then drop a few tanks right in between, close to the shield overlap so that when they fire upon the turrets, the shields will received damage too, hopefully softening up the shields for the ATMP Hero. The darks should be dropped wide apart to draw turret fire away from your mech and at the south point to avoid tripping the SC early. They walls don't really do much but redirect your dark troops a few seconds, but if you can get your tanks to fire upon the shield edges quickly, you should be good.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Leaderboard Rank: #??? - Battle Score: 584,000 - Squad War Record: 71W - 4D - 22L .

Darkdonations
ORDER-99

OneEyedJack

Post#4 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:01 am

Dewbacks have more health, do more damage, move faster, and take less troop space than Heavies. Not to mention opening the walls for other troops and having splash damage. They were literally my go-to unit from hq4 to hq6. 12 to 15 Dewbacks, maybe a bike or 2, and the rest Stormies and I got 3 stars at least 9/10 attacks, usually against higher bases.

The caveats are that they can get wrecked by traps if too many are clustered, and they're weak to mortars. Just stick to bases that aren't mortar-heavy, place them so as to hit mortars early, and spread the the deployment so they won't all run across a single trap, maybe use a few Stormies to trigger traps until you get Shocks. A bomber to clear traps is another option, though I never used it.

Really your only worries should be hitting a trap with them all clustered or SC troops

ibrahim
Commander

Post#5 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:38 am

the best option is to unlock kubaz, and bust the shields and then send in royal guard , i think

Return to “Attacking Rivals”