Rancor attacks?

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
DaLoc
Commodore

Re: Rancor attacks?

Post#11 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm

i only use them in tat conflicts cause there are no hard bases around.
Ios (Empire) SithForceElite (HQ 8+) Sithforceacademy (HQ 8-)
Maxed HQ 10 (cept lvl 32 and 20 dekas)
Ios (Rebel) MiserySquad1E (HQ 9+) MiseryAcademy1E (HQ 9-)
HQ 9

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#12 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:12 am

pdqsport wrote:Basic Rancors have but one purpose for me. They are punishment for when squad members are lacking in donations (while constantly asking for more) or if they are giving out the wrong stuff (i.e. request heavies and get wookiees/banthas/pathfinders). I see the request from the offender and fill it with a Rancor.

Our squad has gotten much better, so I haven't had to do that in a long while. :)

Note to self 'no banthas for Fid'. LOL.
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

lurker
Captain

Post#13 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:41 am

Love the regular rancors. They are the best. Better than medals. At least, with regular rancors, you know one thing: their number will never go down, like the medals do.

Proud owner of nearly 500 of the beasties, and going up (obviously).

BTW: maybe they get better when the cantina reaches level 10 (and with that the RRs also do). I highly doubt that. No use for them. I used to use them as punishment, but not even our enemies deserve that (well, maybe they do, but I don't get to donate to my enemies).

DaLoc
Commodore

Post#14 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:03 pm

One thing though, the cantina only goes up to level 8
Ios (Empire) SithForceElite (HQ 8+) Sithforceacademy (HQ 8-)
Maxed HQ 10 (cept lvl 32 and 20 dekas)
Ios (Rebel) MiserySquad1E (HQ 9+) MiseryAcademy1E (HQ 9-)
HQ 9

FingerStinger
Captain

Post#15 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:12 pm

I've used Rancors to screen HFDs, that works, but finding a suitable base can be painstaking. Keeping the units together can be difficult. I wouldn't recommend using Rancors until your Unit Transports are maxed out to L10. Rancors take up too many slots.

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#16 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:08 am

rancors are great for donation objectives. no cooktime and a pair of them fills up a lvl10 SC.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

Ghost666
Major General

Post#17 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:40 am

pdqsport wrote:Basic Rancors have but one purpose for me. They are punishment for when squad members are lacking in donations (while constantly asking for more) or if they are giving out the wrong stuff (i.e. request heavies and get wookiees/banthas/pathfinders). I see the request from the offender and fill it with a Rancor.

Our squad has gotten much better, so I haven't had to do that in a long while. :)

:shock: 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Interesting idea...finally a good use for rancors...not sure what to do with one of our guys that in fact ASKS FOR RANCORS for his SC...
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto

pdqsport
Major General

Post#18 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:28 am

Give him 10 Banthas instead? (though I would certainly be willing to feed him Rancors until I ran dry as I certainly have virtually no use for them otherwise)

I did try once using what I called a "Suicide Squad" batch for my SC. Rancor, 2 Gammos, and 2 Banthas. I put a couple of HFDs behind them and it was reasonably effective. Since it involved dropping the SC flag it isn't something to rely on, but it sure was fun to watch that one time.
HQ 10 : 24k medals
IGN : Fidelias
Officer in Kenobi's Command
Level 50 Squad

Nfam0us
Cadet Trooper

Post#19 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:26 pm

I usually drop them at the forefront of an enemies' defenses and drop all the rest of my troops directly behind them, using the rancor as a brick wall to penetrate all the major defenses.

Works pretty well for me. The rancor can usually destroy all front end turrets, shields, and the base before it dies. My crew mops up the resources and whatever's left.

Return to “Attacking Rivals”