Rancor attacks?

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
Dadz1467
Storm Trooper

Rancor attacks?

Post#1 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:54 pm

Has anyone come up with a strategy to use Rancors in attacks?

TheCleaner
Commodore

Re: Rancor attacks?

Post#2 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:34 am

I've seen a battle where 1 followed Gamorran guards to good effect. Player used elite ATST for hero, 5 or six kubaz to pop sheilds MHC and repair droids. It is a challenge to use them, slow, and bulky as they are.
Active accounts iOS
Start 4/17-Knick Knack, Mini Base, HQ10, Rank 14, Officer -corpsegrinder-, a home for minis.

takyr
Lieutenant

Post#3 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:55 am

Saw your post and thought to try out this strategy (1 rancor + 1 gamo). I'm high lvl8 (Emp) and wouldn't say I was impressed by turnout... Problem is Rancors have a very high capacity, which works against their role as the best ingame bruiser unit. Since you can only carry 1 or 2 with you (or even 3 if you are really keen on trying this out) they get ALL combined turret fire on them (as single target) so they go down real quick. Exactly as if you had 7 or 10 dewies (reminder, 7 dewies are almost equal to 1 rancor).
I believe that devs should lower their capacity if we are to really put them to use. Otherwise there're gonna be stacked up in HQ forever. I already have 90 of them and don't know what to do with them. Even when I donated them to squadmates to do some defensive work, I wouldn't say they did something noteworthy...
What do you think?
Achuta
A greeting or affirmative response spoken by Twi'leks in KotOR. Used by fanboys in everyday speech.

TheCleaner
Commodore

Post#4 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:15 pm

@takyr. Make no mistake, I think they suck at everything and do not use them, Jedimaster from Hostile.Warfare posted the vid, I think just to prove that you could get a 100 base clear using a Rancor and Kubaz. When your 20 slot meat shield that gets stuck on buildings needs a meat shield I am not on board. : ) It's too bad they don't level up to HQ level, maybe they could be played then. It's too bad, I would really like them to not be terrible.
Active accounts iOS
Start 4/17-Knick Knack, Mini Base, HQ10, Rank 14, Officer -corpsegrinder-, a home for minis.

eclampsium
Major General

Post#5 » Thu May 12, 2016 11:28 am

The comon Rancor really sucks. if they level up it to hq level they could possibly be cool as a meat shield. they will give you too much work if sgainst sonic farms as it will be difficult to lure them not to shoot at that monster. at50k of health there is no,way i wouldn't use gamorreans for the same job at a lower unit capacity. the new rancors with different functions have a more decent health snd can be used better as a meat shield. As they will attract defensive infantry to them during attack, having 2 snipers behind him may be a good idea as they will be shielded and make a lot of damage im simbiosis with the Rancor. I taped a cool battle of my Rage Rancor when it found another black specimen inside enemy SC, so fun: http://youtu.be/JTq0RLbUUW4

jhtech
Captain

Post#6 » Thu May 12, 2016 4:55 pm

rancors level up with cantina for whatever reason. I got most of mine at lvl three, and have now reached lvl 5 along with my cantina. maybe a couple luggas behind them might help? Haven't tried that approach. I'm just letting them sit in the shade in the HQ until after I unlock dowutin hunters at lvl 7 cantina, and maybe they can make an ugly yet beautiful pairing...
squad: hurtinem2.0
platform: Android/IOS
alliance: rebel
come say hello!
Line ID: jhtech

martins

Post#7 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:59 am

how can I go up the level of rancor?

Denroe
Captain

Post#8 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:29 pm

Find a compact base with a bunch of sonics packed tightly, drop Vader or Luke, immediately start twirl, wait for sonics to blow wad, drop rage rancor and everything else, easily destroy most of the base. If you are patient and wait for sonics to fire before dropping rage the base will have no defense against your LO
Lvl 10 - - Officer Imperial Enclave -- currently accepting active lvl 10 imperials

Denroe
Captain

Post#9 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:31 pm

If you were referring to regular rancors, don't bother; they suck and aren't worth the UC
Lvl 10 - - Officer Imperial Enclave -- currently accepting active lvl 10 imperials

pdqsport
Major General

Post#10 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:49 pm

Basic Rancors have but one purpose for me. They are punishment for when squad members are lacking in donations (while constantly asking for more) or if they are giving out the wrong stuff (i.e. request heavies and get wookiees/banthas/pathfinders). I see the request from the offender and fill it with a Rancor.

Our squad has gotten much better, so I haven't had to do that in a long while. :)
HQ 10 : 24k medals
IGN : Fidelias
Officer in Kenobi's Command
Level 50 Squad

Return to “Attacking Rivals”