Imperial starships - useless waste of credits?

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
rRr
Admiral

Re: Imperial starships - useless waste of credits?

Post#31 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:22 am

I carry 4x TIE striker for SC troops and 3x TIE fighter for universal use (if I need alloy for new turret or CB for new Droideka upgrade, and ground forces fail to destroy it).

I use strikers mostly, thats why there are 4 of them, before I use all 4, 2 new should be built already. But with those OP buffs, spamming regular troops around SC units usually deal with them, even if those are bikes..
Empire HQ X, 30 000+ medals, contrabant addict.
Proud officer of Sith-Society
we have currently 2 open slots,
take your chance to be in same squad as "UCL Tracker" chat family founder
;)
LINE: rrr-firstlorder

Solarix

Post#32 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:06 am

I have HQ 9, but my Starship Command is still 8. I go with 2x TIE Fighter IX, and 5x TIE Defender IX. If their Squad Center is unshielded, I destroy it with the 2x TIE Fighters before their reinforcements can be released. Otherwise I try to take out their shields with my eATAT without triggering their SC, then send in the 2x TIE Fighters as soon as the SC is unshielded. The TIE Defenders are great at taking out groups of turrets.

MattTron1337
Squadron Leader

Post#33 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:09 am

Starships are far from useless. I use interceptors as part of imperials. You have so much options such as, destroying that last rocket turret defending a base 3 stars. Because you were prepared with some starships. My personal favorite is the vindicater, you can destroy guarding infantry with them just aim for wete they will be and bang burn dead. Interceptors are probably one starship that is under looked.

The intercepters blow through a nice portion of wall if you use 3 you can soften a wall pretty damn easily once you bring the shield down. They also take up less space then the fighters.

Fighters are expensive however there will come times that you will neec to use them to destroy a turret in order to bring down that last morter or missile turette.

Keep your hands away from deploying them either all at once or at the beginning of battles. I can assure you when you get used to 1 maybe 2 star battles and have a plan for your star ships you will enjoy the cool animation and that extra star.

My final outlook. You have star ships to attack with were and when you need them. The guy your attacking needs to get lucky for his air traps to stop you. StarShips are a advantage . dont use them every time you got them.
STAR:WARS
Squadern:IMPERIO
EMPIRE

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#34 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:30 pm

I use whatever starship I have available at the moment and will make the biggest impact on a battle. It’s typically a T-5. I also build 2 strikers per load for dealing with dropship traps but they aren’t as much of a necessity as T-5s.

Jaykoz3
Commodore

Post#35 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:37 pm

I like having 2 each of T5's, Decimators, Strikers and Ties at the ready. They help deal with high level rebel bases.

T5's to keep troops alive against hordes of GR troops and Jet laden SC's. Decimators and Strikers for dealing with SC Troops (Non Jets) and IDT Traps. Ties for sniping Contra Band Safehouses for the resource kamikaze runs.

Richforbroke
Cadet Trooper

Post#36 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:30 pm

Sorry if I missed the info and for bumping an old thread... But in wars I struggle the most with SCs filled with Jumps.

I know the decimator doesn't hit them. Are there any starships that hit jumps/jets?

Or must I bait/lure them away as the only effective strategy? Thanks

DeathStriker

Post#37 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:00 pm

Richforbroke wrote:Sorry if I missed the info and for bumping an old thread... But in wars I struggle the most with SCs filled with Jumps.

I know the decimator doesn't hit them. Are there any starships that hit jumps/jets?

Richforbroke - It is "common knowledge" that Starship Strikes do not kill Rebel Jetpack Troopers (or Empire Jump Troopers for that matter).

Best to use a Lure to "Kill Zone" and use "Direct Fire" Units like Empire Snipers (or Rebel Sharpshooters) to kill them.

Hope this helps...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#38 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:23 pm

Richforbroke wrote:Sorry if I missed the info and for bumping an old thread... But in wars I struggle the most with SCs filled with Jumps.

You have to fight them on your terms, not theirs. That is the key. If jets run lose, they will run through your troops like dysentery. Trip the SC, get them going after an astromedic in a far corner, then kill them asap. I drop Kessen, fire his load through their pack, drop a couple rodians, and finally my jumpers. I try to get a shocker out there so I don't faceplant on traps. Sometimes, I drop the flag (2rodians, 3 ava's). It works most of the time.

Return to “Attacking Rivals”