Imperial starships - useless waste of credits?

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
Eidolon
Commander

Re: Imperial starships - useless waste of credits?

Post#21 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:21 pm

Thank you everyone, this is all really useful info, especially as the devs rebalance stuff.
TIE Fighter and TIE Defender @ lv 8 are almost equal damage & commission time, seems Defenders extended damage radius makes it the more useful vs turrets.
TIE Advanced lv 8 takes up too much space to be any use over the E-AT-AT.
VT-49 Decimator I have tried but not much luck hitting infantry, they never clump together or stay still enough to hit :)

How would the tactic of using a TIE Advanced lv 8 to clear SC shield then TIE Bomber lv 8 to destroy SC?
Up to what level SC might this work?

Any starship tactics for taking out deka's?
--

(-:- Eidolon -:-)

Sith'n'Slytherin - Squad Leader
Medals: 17,800+

HQ: 10 / Donated: 14,346 / Reputation: 1,089 / Base: 2,792 / Medals: 17,857 / Atk: 2,239 / Def: 333 / Joined: 2015-02-15

Ragnaros
Commander

Post#22 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:16 pm

Denroe wrote:Tie fighter: good for helping take down single targets such as an individual turret, resource collector, or vehicle from defending sc troops
Tie bomber: I have yet to find a good use for
Tie defender: indispensable at higher levels in taking out clustered turrets; 2 hits in the middle of the turret cluster will take out all turrets
Tie interceptor: useful at taking down walls that are shielded
Tie advanced: has 1 purpose and that is to take out shields of equal or lower level
Vt-49 decimators: even at lvl 1 can take out any infantry excepts for mercs and jet trooper; at higher levels can take down vehicles with less health
Idt drop ships: useful as a sc/deka activator when baiting or with bases with hq in the middle surrounded by stump wall but they have a high capacity so I rarely use them except for squad wars
My lvl 9 star command has 30 capacity and I usually stock 2 vt-49, 5 defenders, 1 fighter

I have seen rebel hawks take out my level 10 spider in my sc when baited away from my shields, it's not pretty.
HQ10 Ragnaros
Android/IOS
Imperial Squad: AncientWarriors
-
HQ7 Flip
Android/IOS
Rebel Squad: Havoc_Legends

pdqsport
Major General

Post#23 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:55 pm

The Tie Bomber is an "anti-trap" unit. That is supposed to be it's speciality. The problem is that you have to guess where the traps are and if you are wrong you lose the unit with no real benefit. Which is why I do not use it and just make sure to pack a pair of Shock Troopers in my LO
HQ 10 : 24k medals
IGN : Fidelias
Officer in Kenobi's Command
Level 50 Squad

Guldan8812

Post#24 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:08 am

I'm not sure if this post is dead yet or not (didn't scroll through all the comment pages) but the starships have been and always will be a main part in my attacks. At the higher levels, there are usually clusters of turrets which 2 well placed tie fighters can take out (2 or 3 turrets). As the empire I spam storm troopers with a few spider and regular tanks with an eAT-AT as the hero. If they have some mortars or rockets clustered close together I take them out so I lose less troops which equals for me more 100%'s

bleak
Lieutenant

Post#25 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:55 pm

tie strikers do a great job destroying any unit

RedCDR
Commodore

Post#26 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:24 am

Also the bombers do enough damage to take out a scout tower or droid hut. these are the 2 structure people seem to always put in corners so it can be worth to use the 3 unit bomber to grab the hundy.
I always keep 2 tie fighters/x wings in loadout as the option to take out a sc is invaluable.
quit this forum due to a psychopath sending me private messages goading me to commit suicide

pdqsport
Major General

Post#27 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:44 am

Red, that is why you scout the base and drop a single trooper/soldier in those far off corners. They destroy the building(s) and then come back to the main party, either to reinforce from the rear or to provide fire from the opposite side of the attack. :)
HQ 10 : 24k medals
IGN : Fidelias
Officer in Kenobi's Command
Level 50 Squad

JNB
Commodore

Post#28 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:47 am

They are not useless, I use starships all the time (when i can). I will say this though that at L10 I have so many credits (alloys is the big resource you need most of) that for me it is the time that they take to cook that sucks.
I use mostly Tie Defenders to take out clusterd turrets and tie strikers for troops and vehicles, it is much better than the VT49.
I will always have a sequence of 4 tie defenders and 2 strikers in the queue. From time to time i will also use the medship and regular tie. And if there is a crate requirement then i work on those too.

DeltaBravo
Captain

Post#29 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:27 am

At lvl 8 I used 2 VT-49, 2 Defender, and filled the rest with Fighters. I haven't used the defender at lvl 10 maybe I need to upgrade it to make it useful again, but I'd rather kill 1 turret with a fighter than slightly weaken three. And if the turrets are adjacent I can still take out more than one with the fighter if I place it right.
The shield buster is useless, maybe I will try again if they ever stop with the "Ops" events and go back to regular fragments.
Since I started playing with the Jump troop/Vader combo, I have been running with T-5 deliverance. At level 4 it only takes 9 minutes to train so this is the only air I use on my attack. I keep 1 Striker and 1 VT-49 for anti-SC and fill the rest with Fighters but these I only use if I absolutely have to. Lvl 9 fighter takes 24 minutes to replace. I do carry one IDT in my air LO but it's mostly to help with Heroic Defense, otherwise it is useless for it's Training time and Unit Capacity. On my alternate lvl 7 base I have one striker and the rest are fighters, they are awesome because the training time is not ridiculous and they pack enough punch to do whatever is needed.
Empire / Lvl 10 / Dark_Death_Squad Lvl 50 / iOS / Dedicated but mediocre player
Remember to type something funny or clever here...

RedCDR
Commodore

Post#30 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:36 am

pdqsport wrote:Red, that is why you scout the base and drop a single trooper/soldier in those far off corners. They destroy the building(s) and then come back to the main party, either to reinforce from the rear or to provide fire from the opposite side of the attack. :)

normally i do but sometimes i forget.
quit this forum due to a psychopath sending me private messages goading me to commit suicide

Return to “Attacking Rivals”