Imperial starships - useless waste of credits?

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
eclampsium
Major General

Re: Imperial starships - useless waste of credits?

Post#11 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:15 pm

But they are availlable to use fully again and again if you are friend of the king... :/

JNB
Commodore

Post#12 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:43 am

I use the tie defenders quite effectively. I have lvl7 tie defenders and it will usually take out any turrets below it in lvl. I usually am matched against higher lvl opponents and it softens up clumps or groups of turrets nicely so my MHCs can one shot the lot. As mentioned, always queue up the starship build before you log off. I have 6 tie defenders in a full Starship command centre and i will typically use 3 maybe 4 in an attack so i can use it over two battles. yes, it is expensive but i find getting resources is not hard in the game, just go and smash some opponents to get more credits!

Texasdeath
Cadet Trooper

Post#13 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:56 pm

amen

Eidolon
Commander

Post#14 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:50 pm

I just upgraded to HQ9, so have to upgrade my credit vaults before I can upgrade Starship Command.
I find 2x TIE Interceptors VIII to remove walls at my attack point, then 6x TIE Defenders VIII to hit any clustered turrets revealed by my Elite AT-AT taking out the shields.
This works well, though can be expensive, and worst of all takes a hideously long time to commission (2h20m)
--

(-:- Eidolon -:-)

Sith'n'Slytherin - Squad Leader
Medals: 17,800+

HQ: 10 / Donated: 14,346 / Reputation: 1,089 / Base: 2,792 / Medals: 17,857 / Atk: 2,239 / Def: 333 / Joined: 2015-02-15

syncpan77
Major General

Post#15 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:05 pm

Since the beginning starships were all but useless. Only the basic TieF and Xwing were useful. A "one-size-fits-all" type of ship. The revamp was great honestly. They were nerfed shortly after, but then given back some strength afterwards. I think they're pretty darn good except the Tie Bomber, still trying to find out what it excels at.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Leaderboard Rank: #??? - Battle Score: 584,000 - Squad War Record: 71W - 4D - 22L .

Darkdonations
ORDER-99

DarkCurse
Commander

Post#16 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:26 pm

During conflict grinds I try to minimize my dependence on ships. My goal is to use just enough to be able to clear high enough bases for the most gears without having to go full out.

And in squad wars they are pretty nice when you have Yavin. I prefer using tie defenders and couple decimators. The decimators are awesome backup, mine are only level 3 but they still do the job.

I am upgrading Ties as well but I tend not to use them as much as defenders but they are nice to have. I think interceptors are okay, and I am interested in the T5 later on. I haven't upgraded the DS, because they seem kind of worthless and take a long time to build. But someone on my squad said the stormies are more powerful than normal. I am not sure bout that.
Last edited by DarkCurse on Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Denroe
Captain

Post#17 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:43 pm

Tie fighter: good for helping take down single targets such as an individual turret, resource collector, or vehicle from defending sc troops
Tie bomber: I have yet to find a good use for
Tie defender: indispensable at higher levels in taking out clustered turrets; 2 hits in the middle of the turret cluster will take out all turrets
Tie interceptor: useful at taking down walls that are shielded
Tie advanced: has 1 purpose and that is to take out shields of equal or lower level
Vt-49 decimators: even at lvl 1 can take out any infantry excepts for mercs and jet trooper; at higher levels can take down vehicles with less health
Idt drop ships: useful as a sc/deka activator when baiting or with bases with hq in the middle surrounded by stump wall but they have a high capacity so I rarely use them except for squad wars
My lvl 9 star command has 30 capacity and I usually stock 2 vt-49, 5 defenders, 1 fighter
Lvl 10 - - Officer Imperial Enclave -- currently accepting active lvl 10 imperials

DaLoc
Commodore

Post#18 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:13 pm

the only time i use the tie bomber is in place of the tie fighter to take out an SC in squad wars with yavin as the bonus. it takes up 3 spots instead of 4 so you can use other things as well
Ios (Empire) SithForceElite (HQ 8+) Sithforceacademy (HQ 8-)
Maxed HQ 10 (cept lvl 32 and 20 dekas)
Ios (Rebel) MiserySquad1E (HQ 9+) MiseryAcademy1E (HQ 9-)
HQ 9

JNB
Commodore

Post#19 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:34 am

i use tie fighter and tie defender with the odd time a tie adv. the tie adv can take out a shield above it too. i have L6 and have taken out L8 shields.

My lo doesn't need starships. I always have some cooking so every couple hours i can use 3 or so in an attack. they help for sure but i don't really need them.

Ragnaros
Commander

Post#20 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:31 am

I wouldn't say they were not worth it. The higher you get the more important they are in regards to buffing your troops. I'm currently saving to upgrade my starships to 10.
HQ10 Ragnaros
Android/IOS
Imperial Squad: AncientWarriors
-
HQ7 Flip
Android/IOS
Rebel Squad: Havoc_Legends

Return to “Attacking Rivals”