Using Rebel Aircraft

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.

Using Rebel Aircraft

Post#1 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:29 pm

Has anyone put any work into trying out different types of aircraft?

I pretty much stick with the X-Wing since it can take out any turret per aircraft, but they've tried to introduce other ones via tournaments such as the A-Wing which at level 9 can only blow up half of a shield. I tried using aircraft that should, per Star Wars lore be better suited for ground attack like the Y-Wing, but just haven't gotten the results I would expect.

Are B-Wings the best out there or is it wise to stick with the X-Wing?

Thanks,

dernypure

Re: Using Rebel Aircraft

Post#2 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:11 am

I was wondering that myself. The X wings are great for specific attacks on imperial defenses but the others seem to be a waste of credits. The A-Wing is supposed to be specifically for taking down shields but that's not the case.

Swiz
Lieutenant

Post#3 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:14 am

Xwing is better than all of the others by far at 27k per attack.

Triumph

Post#4 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:29 am

I use the head hunter and bwings. Bwings are great at taking out clustered turrents.

Tsunami
Captain

Post#5 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:53 pm

I love the B-wings myself.

LDeVose2
Commodore

Post#6 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:22 pm

Maybe this has been said already, but I have reached level 5 with my aircraft, and only used them when I am desperate for a win. Other than this I use only my level VI heavy soldiers with level VI healers at a ratio of 5 to 3. Since my transports limit me to 84 at the moment (upgrades underway) this ends up being 10 to 6 with a rebel soldiers and bantas to round it out. I use the rebel soldiers and bantas to take care of some of the outlying unarmed stuff. I split the heavies and healers into two attack units on an intersecting trajectory. This keeps either unit from being targeted from multiple sections and thus makes it more likely that I will at least get a high 2-star score.

Aircraft, vanguard and a few others are just not up to their billing. I stick to what gets me two to three stars. The only craft that seem to do anything is the X-wing. The others as another said are a waste of credits. Aircraft will be the last I update to level VI before I upgrade my command center.
In-Game Name - Eulippia Prime
Windows 10
Current Base Level ~ 7

Faction - Rebel
Current Rank ~ 7
Squad - Eulippia
Squad Position - Leader
Squad Status -
OPEN

How to Join - OPEN

eclampsium
Major General

Post#7 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:26 pm

Recently, for anyone that will read this post, they significantly changed the damage per aircraft in a 3.5 patch...

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#8 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:50 am

My most important aircraft is the HWK-290.

#1 They`re good for killing Snipers. Especially if they`re mixed with Bikes in the SC.
#2 They're essential for killing Heavies from LAAT/IDT-Traps.
#3 You can use it to weaken "Spiders" (MHC) when their level is high enough. But killing them usually requires more than 2.

#2 usually applies for level 9 and up players.

My second important aircraft is the Z-95HH. Sometimes there is no choice if you want to trigger the SC (usually with banthas, rarely with a bike). But you usually need 2 Z-95 to kill a wall.
The Twi'Lek can also do quite a punch to walls with their final blast so this make me use the Z95 slightly less often.

My third important aircraft is the B-Wing. It doesn't one-shot kill a turret. But it it can deal good damage to a number of clustered turrets. Good for a deadly cluster of Sonics.
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

eclampsium
Major General

Post#9 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:51 am

Excelent considerations Rebell yell. I use a lot the z95+bantha combo too!

timjohnshort
Captain

Post#10 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:27 pm

I'm at lvl 8 now and I've experimented with pretty much all of them. In a load out of capacity 22, I still do one z95 (for walls) and four X wings (for targeted strikes against turrets and SC or SC troops if needed).
Rebel HQ 8 - 5k+ Medals - FarmerWhoopin
proud member of SkywalkersPride

Return to “Attacking Rivals”