Selfactivating of SC

Voice your bugs/glitches encounters or workarounds you find. While this forum is unofficial, we welcome Disney developers to stop by to help.
StrikerRebel
Commodore

Selfactivating of SC

Post#1 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:14 am

Newest bug I guess is the selfactivation of opponent SC, had a few times now, dont hit the edge of SC range and 15 seconds after battle starts SC-troops spawn out... :twisted: Anybody here with the same bug. Playin on FBGR
Leader of UnknownRebels

Harshit
Admiral

Re: Selfactivating of SC

Post#2 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:49 am

I think it's not a bug. If you deploy some naval units such as the skinned guard, rodians or chewie and sullastans then just as you deploy those units with skins then they also deploy a PHANTOM unit which is invisible and attack their respective targets and when the main unit dies out they die along too.

The SC sometimes gets triggered because the PHANTOM units gets inside the SC range and troops are triggered so you may see all your units are outside the SC range but still SC troops get triggered.

Hope you understand.
Empire lvl 10 HH-Resurrection (Level 50). Proud former (Holocron Horror) top 10 Windows squad.

StrikerRebel
Commodore

Post#3 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:08 am

I deployed a sharp with recon skin, but never heard about invisible units ? From where you got such information ?
Leader of UnknownRebels

Harshit
Admiral

Post#4 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:19 am

StrikerRebel wrote:I deployed a sharp with recon skin, but never heard about invisible units ? From where you got such information ?

DS himself posted this info when naval units came out for the first time.
See yourself when you deploy your sully you see the usual red mark on the sully's target if you pay close attention then you will see another red mark, just see this when you deploy 1 sully as the 1st unit in a new attack, that 2nd mark is the PHANTOM's target and when the invisible unit attacks then the Y-wing will strike at that target.
Empire lvl 10 HH-Resurrection (Level 50). Proud former (Holocron Horror) top 10 Windows squad.

StrikerRebel
Commodore

Post#5 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:53 am

thx for information, I will try ;)
Leader of UnknownRebels

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:05 am

Harshit wrote:
StrikerRebel wrote:I deployed a sharp with recon skin, but never heard about invisible units ? From where you got such information ?

DS himself posted this info when naval units came out for the first time.
See yourself when you deploy your sully you see the usual red mark on the sully's target if you pay close attention then you will see another red mark, just see this when you deploy 1 sully as the 1st unit in a new attack, that 2nd mark is the PHANTOM's target and when the invisible unit attacks then the Y-wing will strike at that target.

Yes, since they released the Naval Units, these units carry with them an invisible being who is responsible for calling the air raid. I never understood how this could be possible, but DS and many other Forum members endorsed this.

If you deploy any Naval unit close to SC, you risk of this inivisible being trigger the SC and all troops come out without you are ready to deal with them. If you are using Naval Units, Pilot and Rodians/Sullustan, be sure you already took off the SC, or be ready to deal with SC troops if they pop up.
Last edited by mkenobi on Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

DeathStriker

Post#7 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:13 am

StrikerRebel - See this link.

Units that Deploy Air, like Pilots, as a programming step have a "invisible" / "phantom" 1x1 grid "units" that are deployed at the same time as the "main unit". These additional "invisible" / "phantom" Units have their own AI and move and target other structures / other units. The game uses these "invisible" / "phantom" units to determine where to deploy Air Strikes when proper conditions are met.

This is why when your Main Unit, like Sullustan Recon Sharpshooter (buffed Sharpshooter) is targeting / killing units on one side of a base the Deployed Y-Wings are targeting Structures and Units on another part of the base.

The best "visable" example of what is happening is when you use the SD-K4 Spider Hero and activate the "baby spiders". These additional unit often head off in another direction to target some infantry while the "main unit" / "mama spider" is working on attacking something else.

Hope you understand better...

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

Return to “Bugs and Glitches (Windows)”