ISSUE: Version 6.0.0 is not Playable

Voice your bugs/glitches encounters or workarounds you find. While this forum is unofficial, we welcome Disney developers to stop by to help.
XitLiteNtrNite
Commodore

Re: ISSUE: Version 6.0.0 is not Playable

Post#11 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:09 pm

I should chronicle my interaction with Disney Mobile support. The first response I got back for my problem with the Chromebook was to request I click on the Start menu, select Run, and run DXDIAG. So they basically think a Chromebook is a Windows PC or laptop. They also have no idea what an Android emulator is. This is going to be a long conversation.
In game name: Paper Tiger, officer in Hostile.Warfare
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: #6882

DeathStriker

Post#12 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:01 pm

XitLiteNtrNite wrote:I should chronicle my interaction with Disney Mobile support.

They also have no idea what an Android emulator is. This is going to be a long conversation.

XitLiteNtrNite - It will be interesting to see their responses - HOWEVER - keep in mind that from way back on the Playdom Forum the Game Developers warned Players that Disney DOES NOT SUPPORT SWC ran on emulators and that only (at that time) Mobile Game Devices (like Phones / Tablets).

**Things may have changed... but I would not hold my breath...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

SithLordCarlin

Post#13 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:12 pm

I have been playing this game for years... and after this update couple of days ago it wouldnt load game... now saying my android device which is 4.3 is not compatible on google play store, now i need a 4.4 or above to play again ie new phone... absolute bollocks... contacted Disney which were no help at all just automated email telling me to log back in with my facebook account (i dont have a facebook account) i used google play games to save game stuff. hate when a good game goes to waste!!!

Schruaf
Major General

Post#14 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:38 pm

DeathStriker wrote:Disney DOES NOT SUPPORT SWC ran on emulators and that only (at that time) Mobile Game Devices (like Phones / Tablets).

But Facebook Gameroom is an emulator in itself, isn't it?

DeathStriker

Post#15 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:09 pm

Schruaf wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:Disney DOES NOT SUPPORT SWC ran on emulators and that only (at that time) Mobile Game Devices (like Phones / Tablets).

But Facebook Gameroom is an emulator in itself, isn't it?

Schruaf - No it is a Game played through a recognized / approved program - Facebook GameRoom.

Emulators like Bluestacks, and Nox, etc., provided a possible way for Players to use "hacks" via downloaded "modified" .APK files (like the ones found on Google here), hence why SWC played through Emulators has not been supported in the past and this may currently also be the case.

It is recommended that all Players only use approved Game Devices and/or Facebook GameRoom.

AS PROOF here is some OFFICIAL HELP: iOS, Android, and Facebook Gameroom – Play your game across different platforms (no where is seen "Emulators" like Bluestacks, Nox, etc.)

That said, I know a lot of Players do use Emulators, and they work fine, but the "point is" that they are not supported so if you are having "issues" good luck getting any kind of help from Disney Mobile Support.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

XitLiteNtrNite
Commodore

Post#16 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:04 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
XitLiteNtrNite wrote:I should chronicle my interaction with Disney Mobile support.

They also have no idea what an Android emulator is. This is going to be a long conversation.

XitLiteNtrNite - It will be interesting to see their responses - HOWEVER - keep in mind that from way back on the Playdom Forum the Game Developers warned Players that Disney DOES NOT SUPPORT SWC ran on emulators and that only (at that time) Mobile Game Devices (like Phones / Tablets).

**Things may have changed... but I would not hold my breath...

In a game of ever dwindling numbers, I'm not sure breaking a gaming platform used by many is a great option. But turning away users is certainly their option.

DBLdrgns

Post#17 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:25 pm

Any update on the Chromebook not playable issue? Is it a supported device?

rawrebel
Commodore

Post#18 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:14 pm

XitLiteNtrNite wrote:In a game of ever dwindling numbers, I'm not sure breaking a gaming platform used by many is a great option. But turning away users is certainly their option.

Could not agree more.
And this raise the question: what kind of genius / idiot is running the marketing dpt of this game, if you have a product and want to sale ypur product you need adress that product to a wider range of customers so you will have better chances of selling it.
But not the contrary,if they restrain the range of users by limiting the compatibility and raising the hardware request not only fewer will buy the product but this way will also lose clients that you allready have.
It can only be an idiot to decide an strategy like this,i mean,they really want to shut down the game,if before the game revenue was dropping ,well,this way will drop even more....
Only in my squad we have 3 guys that can't play anymore on tablets/ phones,they are cut out completly,others have issue with low fps and loading time,there is no fun in that...

DBLdrgns

Post#19 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:42 pm

Thats whats so weird...I installed and started a new game on my phone, but can't play it on my Chromebook. And I have a cheap Samsung J3...I'm almost positive my Chromebook is alot more capable than my phone. With my bad eyes, I have no desire to play any game on my phone, just wanted to see if it would work.

XitLiteNtrNite
Commodore

Post#20 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:47 pm

As expected, Disney responded to my Android emulator on my MacBook Pro by stating that it isn't a supported device. While true, it does decrease the number of active players on a game with a dwindling user base, but not much I can do about that.

For the Chromebook, they requested information on the OS level, Android level (7.1.1 if you are curious), and other information. I provided it, and let them know the game installs just fine (I un-installed and re-installed), but fails to run when started. We'll see on the Chromebook. That looks to be the best option. My Android-emulated base is pretty much toast as far as Disney is concerned.

Return to “Bugs and Glitches (Windows)”