ISSUE: Facebook URL Invalid

Voice your bugs/glitches encounters or workarounds you find. While this forum is unofficial, we welcome Disney developers to stop by to help.
systemshock
Captain

ISSUE: Facebook URL Invalid

Post#1 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:42 am

The domain of this URL isn't included in the app's domains

I just tried to load the game via Facebook Gameroom and this is what I got:

Untitled.png

The error description is:

Code: Select all

Can't Load URL: The domain of this URL isn't included in the app's domains. To be able to load this URL, add all domains and subdomains of your app to the App Domains field in your app settings.

The game does not load after this point.

Is anyone getting the same error?

I myself have not developed Facebook apps, but judging by the description, this one should be on Disney's end. Probably some configuration somewhere has been messed up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title To Better Reflect Topic - Added Original Title to Main Thread Post

Milvago

Re: The domain of this URL isn't included in the app's domains

Post#2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:46 am

Same here. Just got a firefox update and am wondering if that is the cause.

systemshock
Captain

Re: The domain of this URL isn't included in the app's domains

Post#3 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:02 pm

I looked it up and it is just as the error message says -- they game client is not supplying a valid URL when authenticating with Facebook. This can either be a problem with the client, or with the configuration of their Facebook App. It is not on our end.

EDIT:

BTW, in case someone is interested in the technical details, here it is:

https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2017/12/18/strict-uri-matching/

Especially interesting is this text:
In March, we'll be turning on Strict Mode for everyone by default. If you need to update your Valid OAuth redirect URIs list, you'll see a notice in your account interface informing you of this change today.

The coincidence is quite interesting, because we are, well, just in the middle of March right now :-). Of course, this is just a speculation, but it is not unlikely, that a setting in the said account went from Off to On and someone did not see a notice in their account interface, informing them of the change :lol:
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"

DeathStriker

Re: ISSUE: Facebook URL Invalid

Post#4 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:09 pm

THIS NEEDS TO BE REPORTED

Those Players having this Issue need to report it.

How to Contact Disney Mobile Support

You can contact Disney Mobile Support here.

Click on the BLUE [Contact Us] Button in the lower right corner and answer the prompts thereafter.

⇨ Be sure to include with your initial "report" the following:

1. Your Player ID (found on Load Splash Screen - or - in Settings > About - or - previously saved).
  2. Your In-Game Name.
  3. Your Squad Name.
  4. Your Game Device and its Current OS Version.
  5. Your SWC Game Version and Build (found in Settings > About).
  6. A description of the "issues" you have noted.
  7. Any Screenshots you may have taken.
Helping Others Is What I Do...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

systemshock
Captain

Post#5 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:19 pm

Thank you for the URL, DeathStriker! I just submitted a message. Hopefully, they will act soon. My squad has a sw tonight :lol:

BTW, it would be better if more people, who have that problem, write to Disney's support. Although this is not how an IT service operation should be ran, sometimes the volume of the messages matters quite a lot, when determining which incident should be labeled "critical" :-)

StrikerRebel
Commodore

Post#6 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:32 pm

I wrote to support too
Leader of ActiveDonatorYMW (former TOP 50 Windows-Squad ActiveDonator)
We are on the way to get back in the Top50 and searching for fearless rebels fighting with us against the Empire.
Perks maxxed out at 50 and ranked in the Top200 now....

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:50 pm

I've been saying here for some time that Gameroom is the worst platform to play SWC. The worst. The amount of crashes, errors, and problems in general when we try to connect to the game via Gameroom is the most annoying thing I've seen in this game since my Windows days.

I think if it were not for Facebook to connect to the SWC account and be able to save progress, it does not compensate for the headaches if you can play on another platform (iOS / Android) and have your SWC account synchronized with Game Center / Google Play. In fact, I use NOX and Bluestacks emulators for my other accounts and have never had problems like I have with my 2 accounts in Gameroom.

Disney should review the partnership with Facebook. It does not pay to invest in a FUBAR platform and develop a version of the game just to work with this platform with so many problems faced by players over time. For much less they shut down the game for Windows.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

StrikerRebel
Commodore

Post#8 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:55 pm

Can I change anything ?
Leader of ActiveDonatorYMW (former TOP 50 Windows-Squad ActiveDonator)
We are on the way to get back in the Top50 and searching for fearless rebels fighting with us against the Empire.
Perks maxxed out at 50 and ranked in the Top200 now....

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:56 pm

It worked for me now, I could login with my Rebel Level 9 account on Gameroom now.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

systemshock
Captain

Post#10 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:06 pm

mkenobi wrote:It worked for me now, I could login with my Rebel Level 9 account on Gameroom now.

Yes, it seems they fixed it :)

Return to “Bugs and Glitches (Windows)”