Juggernaut/AT AT balancing

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
fffhuge
Storm Trooper

Juggernaut/AT AT balancing

Post#1 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:36 pm

Title makes what I'm about to say obvious: the juggernaut is very overpowered.
http://www.swcommander.info/wiki/index.php/Juggernaut
http://swcommander.info/wiki/index.php/AT-AT
The juggernaut will destroy buildings in a path to the shield generator with ease along with the other troops sent in with it. Its damage per hit is higher, and although AT AT shoots twice, it can barely match the juggernaut. Walking on walls does not make the AT AT more useful compared to firepower that will eat turrets.
This doesn't even take into account the juggernaut's speed and space requirement: three times the speed, and 2/3 the unit space requirement.
The lower levels sometimes get ignored as the experienced players who are a larger part of the community are the big focus. The juggernaut seemed to have slipped through as a superunit, but I hope it can get rebalanced soon, hopefully with less damage, speed closer to the AT ATs, and 30-25 space requirement.

fffhuge
Storm Trooper

Re: Juggernaut/AT AT balancing

Post#2 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:37 pm

Got that outta the way and now I can play the campaign in peace, hopefully without being attacked by juggernauts

Shelendil
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:24 pm

The AT-AT does 33% more damage than the juggernaut, also kills buildings on the way to shields if aimed properly, has more health to absorb more turret fire, and one more range so that it's a little less suicidal.

Not to worry though, at high levels, they're both close to useless.
Marauders-Delta

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#4 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:46 pm

at high levels, the regular AT-AT isn't worth the cost of the space it takes, and it's too effing slow.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

fffhuge
Storm Trooper

Post#5 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:40 pm

AT AT isn't really useful at any level. I only use the elite AT AT because it takes less space; I'd rather use the juggernaut and have something like veteran AT ST or royal guard out for damage. AT AT should seriously just take up 20 space and jug should be slowed to at most 20, so AT AT isn't just a placeholder unit for a faction that's supposed to be built around vehicles.

Oldrebel
Commodore

Post#6 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:18 pm

fffhuge wrote:AT AT isn't really useful at any level. I only use the elite AT AT because it takes less space; I'd rather use the juggernaut and have something like veteran AT ST or royal guard out for damage. AT AT should seriously just take up 20 space and jug should be slowed to at most 20, so AT AT isn't just a placeholder unit for a faction that's supposed to be built around vehicles.

Really??? Wtf?
Then why is hero AT-AT used SO MUCH in no outpost wars to kill shields from afar?
Jugg has less range, less power. Speed is a downfall, as it may trigger SC.
We have NOTHING to compare with hero AT-AT, other than hero AT-TE, for which we must gather non-existant frags while you level up your hero AT-AT with credits.
Boo hoo.

XitLiteNtrNite
Major General

Post#7 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:13 pm

fffhuge wrote:AT AT isn't really useful at any level. I only use the elite AT AT because it takes less space; I'd rather use the juggernaut and have something like veteran AT ST or royal guard out for damage. AT AT should seriously just take up 20 space and jug should be slowed to at most 20, so AT AT isn't just a placeholder unit for a faction that's supposed to be built around vehicles.

E ATAT is the preferred hero of most imperials. There are plenty of bases where Kessen, Death Troopers, Vader and enhanced ATSTs make sense, but by and large the E ATAT is an imperial's bread-and-butter.
In game name: Paper Tiger
Squad: CircleOf.Masters
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: Paper Tiger#6882

RogueTwo
Commodore

Post#8 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:03 am

Why dont we all just use the same equipment then "for balance"? Life isn't about everything being equal, it is about adapting, overcoming, and thriving. Why do we fall? So we can practicegetring back up again.
JEDIKNIGHTS (Leader) - Rebel bases:
RogueTwo - Prestige
Thing1 - Level /Thing2 - Level 9
Line ID: swcroguetwo

bob1084
Commodore

Post#9 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:23 am

fffhuge wrote:Title makes what I'm about to say obvious: the juggernaut is very overpowered.
http://www.swcommander.info/wiki/index.php/Juggernaut
http://swcommander.info/wiki/index.php/AT-AT
The juggernaut will destroy buildings in a path to the shield generator with ease along with the other troops sent in with it. Its damage per hit is higher, and although AT AT shoots twice, it can barely match the juggernaut. Walking on walls does not make the AT AT more useful compared to firepower that will eat turrets.
This doesn't even take into account the juggernaut's speed and space requirement: three times the speed, and 2/3 the unit space requirement.
The lower levels sometimes get ignored as the experienced players who are a larger part of the community are the big focus. The juggernaut seemed to have slipped through as a superunit, but I hope it can get rebalanced soon, hopefully with less damage, speed closer to the AT ATs, and 30-25 space requirement.

Imagine living in a world so empty of logic and getting a buff that decidedly, without question tips the balance of the game in your favor

And yet STILL wanting more. This has got to be my favorite imp post ever. The amount of shortsightedness this takes to actually type up is astonishing. To the OP:

Thank you, from every reb player before and after me, thank you so much

DravenTheWicked
Commander

Post#10 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:21 am

I almost always use the E atat, especially for long ranging shields and sniping SC. Paired with a lugga/MHC combo it really helps clear the board. Would love to unlock the at-act skin but those frags are few and far between my friends...

Am I and other players too reliant on the eatat? I think not. The Fact that so many play using one shows it’s effectiveness.
Join Death_Disciples Now!| lvl 50 Empire Squad. Nothing to lose! Willing to teach and help new players. Active 24:7 Daily donations conflicts/defense + War 1/2 times per week. Currently rebuilding.

We use Line App, please add ID: draventhewicked

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”