Starships and Traps to defeat Jumps

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
ArtyMac
Cadet Trooper

Starships and Traps to defeat Jumps

Post#1 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:51 am

What about a starship that is specifically designed to defeat jumps? I can find no starship that will take them out, and when your own troops blindly shoot walls etc... a starship that will cause ‘significant’ damage to jumps would be a great addition. I would have thought that a Tie or an X wing would do the job.....they don’t. Also for defence, what about a trap to defend against jumps? All attackers favour them (including me!) so why not make them a little less desirable?

DeathStriker

Re: Starships and Traps to defeat Jumps

Post#2 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:21 am

ArtyMac wrote:What about a starship that is specifically designed to defeat jumps? I can find no starship that will take them out, and when your own troops blindly shoot walls etc... a starship that will cause ‘significant’ damage to jumps would be a great addition. I would have thought that a Tie or an X wing would do the job.....they don’t. Also for defence, what about a trap to defend against jumps? All attackers favour them (including me!) so why not make them a little less desirable?

ArtyMac - Good Suggestion.

• Instead of adding 1 more Starship Strike just make a "current" Starship Strike have Damage Multiplier against "Flying Infantry" (currently all have a Damage Multiplier of 0).

:arrow: How about making X-Wings / TIE Fighters have a Flying Infantry Damage Multiplier same as for Infantry - that is 100.

:arrow: IMPORTANT NOTE: U-Wing / TIE Brute Armory Equipment for X-Wings / TIE Fighters currently provides a Flying Infantry Damage Multiplier of 100.
  • There IS one Trap that DOES target Jets / Jumps - the LAAT Trap / IDT Trap.
LINKS:

Adding to this Topic...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Schruaf
Major General

Post#3 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:54 am

Wait a second....Tie Brutes damage Jumps/Jets???
Holly shit how could i have missed this.
Was it always the case?

DeathStriker

Post#4 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:33 am

Schruaf wrote:Wait a second....Tie Brutes damage Jumps/Jets???
Holly shit how could i have missed this. Was it always the case?

See this Link - Scroll down to bottom of Table...

:arrow: Should be "tested" to validate.

Schruaf
Major General

Post#5 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:45 am

I tested it.
Either I am the worst marksman ever (and I think I am not) or Tie fighters with tie brute skin do no damage to jets/jumps. And I think the later is it.

Anyone else tested it?

strawman3125
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:12 am

Schruaf wrote:I tested it.
Either I am the worst marksman ever (and I think I am not) or Tie fighters with tie brute skin do no damage to jets/jumps. And I think the later is it.

Anyone else tested it?

I tried it a few times after reading this and, either I am bad at targeting as well or they do not affect jets...

DeathStriker

Post#7 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:33 am

strawman3125 wrote:
Schruaf wrote:I tested it.
Either I am the worst marksman ever (and I think I am not) or Tie fighters with tie brute skin do no damage to jets/jumps. And I think the later is it. Anyone else tested it?

I tried it a few times after reading this and, either I am bad at targeting as well or they do not affect jets...

Schruaf and strawman3125 - Thanks for doing the "tests" :D

The Un-Buffed Unit - X-Wings / TIE Fighters have a Flying Infantry Damage Multiplier of 0 - so perhaps the Data Miner Website is correct but the Game is not using the correct Damage Multiplier.

While the U-Wing / TIE Brute Armory Equipment for X-Wings / TIE Fighters currently provides a Flying Infantry Damage Multiplier of 100 when you multiply 0 (result of Un-Buffed Unit Damage Value) TIMES 100 you still get 0. The U-Wing / TIE Brute does provide for greater Splash Damage Radius of 5 Tiles so perhaps that might also be a factor why you get no kills (Unit using "default Splash Damage Radius" of 2 Tiles)

:arrow: I will see if I can get some other Testers to further confirm your findings.

Adding to this Topic...

Trammel
Captain

Post#8 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:06 am

Jumps and jets do get damaged by traps when a ground unit walking underneath them (stacked) triggers a that trap.

But starships used in attack cannot damage a defending jump/jet emerged from a Squad Center even if it is stacked with a ground unit.
Last edited by Trammel on Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Schruaf
Major General

Post#9 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:06 am

DeathStriker wrote:
While the U-Wing / TIE Brute Armory Equipment for X-Wings / TIE Fighters currently provides a Flying Infantry Damage Multiplier of 100 when you multiply 0 (result of Un-Buffed Unit Damage Value) TIMES 100 you still get 0.

I think that's it: unit damage*damagemultiplier*skin buff*skin damagemultiplier, because one factor is 0 the product is 0 and the skin damagemultiplier dosen't matter in that case.

strawman3125
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:58 am

DeathStriker wrote:While the U-Wing / TIE Brute Armory Equipment for X-Wings / TIE Fighters currently provides a Flying Infantry Damage Multiplier of 100 when you multiply 0 (result of Un-Buffed Unit Damage Value) TIMES 100 you still get 0. The U-Wing / TIE Brute does provide for greater Splash Damage Radius of 5 Tiles so perhaps that might also be a factor why you get no kills (Unit using "default Splash Damage Radius" of 2 Tiles)

:arrow: I will see if I can get some other Testers to further confirm your findings.

Adding to this Topic...

Sounds reasonable!

There is more to the UWing and Brute skin data in the swcpy that is suspicious... The damage bonus shows 170% but the final calculate damage per cycle is SIGNIFICANTLY higher:
XWing/UWing: 21K to 176K damage (that's more like a 700% damage bonus!!!)
Tie/Brute:21K to 97K damage
The shooting cycle changes for both as well.

I am not sure why the devs would have made the Uwings do double the damage of Brutes when the unskinned versions did the same damage and the displayed % damage bonus is the same...?

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”