Sullust as an available planet

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
Williamdice
Commander

Sullust as an available planet

Post#1 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:17 am

I see a lot a comments about the armory making either defensive or offence too strong so, stealing an idea from another thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24095&start=160 what would others think to adding Sullust as a planet in Planetary Command?

DarkRebel wrote:To support casual players: Either factor in armory equipment level for match making, or introducing a planet with no armory.
Otherwise, it’s an arm race and only the most active players win.

We probably have enough planets already and there are likely other flaws but I thought I'd see what others thought.

Another option, and the dev's have proved they can tweak settings (by halving vehicle costs and times recently) would be to turn armory upgrades off of a planet, probably Tat, for a week or as part of an event or conflict. Players who don't like it could camp out elsewhere, anyone reminiscing about the good old days would be satisfied and new players might be encouraged to chase for frags harder when it's back having experienced life without them.

strawman3125
Admiral

Re: Sullust as an available planet

Post#2 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:55 am

This would be and interesting new addition to the game but I don't think that it would fix anything... On the current 6 worlds, defense would still reign supreme and on Sullust defense would be almost impossible; my level 3 ITT's steam roll pretty much every dev base (no armory active). I can only imagine level 10 ITT's and MTTs on a world with no armory! It would be a walk in the park! An entire planet of dev bases!

There would of course be 1 more UC per conflict, which would be welcome, and the gear requirements on all worlds should go down a bit making them a little easier to get, assuming that some players move to the new planet.

I would love to see the devs tweak units more!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:37 am

If anything, they need to figure out how to reduce the planets. In my opinion, the single biggest mistake disney made was dividing the player pool, first into five and later six. That was an insane decision. People piss and moan about the armory and frags, but nothing hurt the game more than decreasing the active player pool. That is what killed Windows, and what has this in dire straits. When Windows was shut down, the UC pool on Tatooine was usually around 600 players. It is maybe 1200-1500 here right now, which is not good.

Williamdice
Commander

Post#4 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:05 am

Boog wrote:If anything, they need to figure out how to reduce the planets. In my opinion, the single biggest mistake disney made was dividing the player pool, first into five and later six. That was an insane decision.

Hmm, votes anyone for which planet we can remove?

A trial could be interesting though: I can see a lot of players being unhappy but an event, interplanetary fog or something, where for a week everyone was forced back to Tatooine and rather than grinding on 3 to 6 planets we had only one might add some variety and those who never leave Tat anyway might not even notice.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:14 am

Get rid of yavin and erkit.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#6 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:01 am

Boog wrote:If anything, they need to figure out how to reduce the planets. In my opinion, the single biggest mistake disney made was dividing the player pool, first into five and later six. That was an insane decision. People piss and moan about the armory and frags, but nothing hurt the game more than decreasing the active player pool. That is what killed Windows, and what has this in dire straits. When Windows was shut down, the UC pool on Tatooine was usually around 600 players. It is maybe 1200-1500 here right now, which is not good.

The number of planets is only a factor because of how they set up the conflicts and dev bases and other things in the game...
- if they changed it to the top 10% on each planet get UC...
- if they changed it so that each planet got the top 2% of all players, not just the ones on that planet (ie. if 100,000 players were playing across all planets then the top 2,000 players on each planet)
- if they changed it so that the top 1000 players on each plant
- if they changed it to a global conflict where it did not matter which planet you were on
- if they changed conflicts to be more about personal achievements rather than a limited prize
- anything else you can dream of
- if dev bases were exactly as difficult to attack as player bases (armories turned on and SCs full) it would not matter which planet you were on since you would face either player bases or dev bases that were effectively the same as player bases, so no CNFO's and no differences in difficulties on planets between factions

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”