Jumper/Jetpack Trooper Skins/Equipment Upgrade

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
Oldrebel
Commander

Re: Jumper/Jetpack Trooper Skins/Equipment Upgrade

Post#51 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:19 am

Game updated... Same fractions, same turrents. :lol:

Oh, most importantly, the same lags everywhere.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#52 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:38 am

thecursedpit wrote:I think having dev bases show up once every 2-6 searches for both factions would solve a lot of the debates and arguing amongst players.

Assuming that they are not going to fix the game to allow PvP, the making sure that everyone can find dev bases on every world would stop most arguments over factional imbalances.

Gaardian
Captain

Post#53 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:49 pm

Boog wrote:
Gaardian wrote:Base sniper have 300% bonus vs infantry while sharps have 200%. That’s a 50% difference right there.

The difference is larger than you indicate. But I’m fine with that. Personally I think imperial vehicles need to be buffed up a bit so imperial players concentrate more on them while Rebs concentrate more on infantry.

It's not that big of a difference because of the higher UC of the sharps compared to snipers. A level 4 sharp does 1408 dps (per second) vs 1232 for a level 4 sniper; those are the units spawned from level 10 GR. When you factor in the multipliers, sharps do 2816 dps vs. flyers and snipers do 3696 dps, which is ~31% more damage. Sharps spawn five seconds faster and have higher health. I wouldn't complain about that.

It is mostly moot if you have good skins. A level 4 sharp with level 10 skins does 3052 damage per shot and 6104 damage per shot to a flyer. If it is taking on a max jumper (47,537 hp), it will need 8 shots to knock it down. OTOH, a level 4 sniper with level 10 skins does 2670 damage per shot and 8010 damage per shot to flyers. To knock down a max jet (52,254 hp), it takes 7 shots. So, the GR Rodian will kill a flyer one shot faster, which is 0.5 seconds faster with a shot delay of 500 ms.

If you're comparing SC units (level 11), then here is the breakdown:

Sullustan 6176 damage per shot; 12352 damage per shot to a jump; 4 shots to kill a max jumper
Rodian 5406 damage per shot; 16218 damage per shot to flyers; 4 shots to kill a max jet

The higher UC of the sharp is a penalty on that one.

Personally, I say keep it the way it is. I like the fact that rebels attack with jet spam. It's not that hard to defend against. And I am a huge fan of jets in the SC. They are easy to kill if you are ready for them. Sullustans in the SC are a much bigger problem, imo.

I wasn't exactly clear and was referring to the standard unit (not GR) so those that come out of the SC. But like I said, I don't mind that snipers do more damage to infantry. That's a theme that should be played out between the factions! Empire/vehicles vs Rebels/infantry, with counter units on each side. The desert skiff would be better if it didn't take so long to fire once it acquires a target for example... those things die before getting a shot off most times.

Edit: It's also no mystery that they designed the snipers with their extra modifier to take out a jet in 4 hits, while the same is true other other way. The difference is the UC, but playing to the right counters should be rewarded.

thecursedpit
Commander

Post#54 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:21 am

Midge wrote:I love saying someone offers nothing to the discussion and in the SAME BREATH saying you agree with that someone.

What are you agreeing with then? :roll:

Fair point, I'll give you that one! What I should have said and actually meant is that in my opinion, you should add some "data" or normal arguments instead of just saying "crybaby" when you disagree with someone. Ah well, doesn't matter anymore. All points discussed in this topic are discussed properly enough and more than enough in the past.

Midge wrote:Still waiting for you to flatten my base like you said you would ... been on the same planet for weeks ...

I'm assuming your base is Midget AI? If so, I'll be dropping by as promised!!

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”