Jumper/Jetpack Trooper Skins/Equipment Upgrade

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
User avatar
Darthdave
Officer
Posts: 7

Re: jumper/jetpack troopers skins/equipment upgrade

Post#21 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:33 pm

strawman3125 wrote:Who needs game balance? Just keep hitting your dev bases!

In fact take it one step further and make it so that both factions get their own 2% UC, that way it completely doesn't matter how imbalanced the factions are! It will be like there are two separate player vs dev games going at the same time. We are almost there already!



I like this idea... Thanks for input!


Gaardian
Captain
Posts: 77

Re: jumper/jetpack troopers skins/equipment upgrade

Post#22 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:46 pm

Would need to equalize the bonus vs infantry of snipers and sharps as well. Probably other units as well (they are unique units but the AvA blows away the ski speeder for example).

Maybe a reduction, but equalizing is honestly boring.


User avatar
FruitBowlMafia
Major General
Posts: 272

Re: jumper/jetpack troopers skins/equipment upgrade

Post#23 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:47 pm

Darthdave wrote:Devs,

Please make the buffed levels of equipment upgrades equal among fractions. If troops output the same damage, then the equipment upgrades should be equal also. Buffed equipment on Empire Jumpers should be equal to Buffed equipment on Jetpack troopers. They are currently not equal and it is very evident.

Players are no longer playing PVP because of the unfair boost in one fraction over the other. My PVP has dropped tremendously because of it also.


I still love PvP, & put up parking lots everyday. I hit bases that are well defended by Elite Commanders.

1. Bait, 2. Lure, 3. Smash

You should read threw the below thread. It didn't start about Jets/Jumps or even balance, but ended up a heated balance debate.

Jump/Jets start pg. #3
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24088
Lone_Rebellion


strawman3125
Major General
Posts: 382

Re: jumper/jetpack troopers skins/equipment upgrade

Post#24 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:37 pm

FruitBowlMafia wrote:
Darthdave wrote:Devs,

Please make the buffed levels of equipment upgrades equal among fractions. If troops output the same damage, then the equipment upgrades should be equal also. Buffed equipment on Empire Jumpers should be equal to Buffed equipment on Jetpack troopers. They are currently not equal and it is very evident.

Players are no longer playing PVP because of the unfair boost in one fraction over the other. My PVP has dropped tremendously because of it also.


I still love PvP, & put up parking lots everyday. I hit bases that are well defended by Elite Commanders.

1. Bait, 2. Lure, 3. Smash

You should read threw the below thread. It didn't start about Jets/Jumps or even balance, but ended up a heated balance debate.

Jump/Jets start pg. #3
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24088


Right now most of my skins are not high enough level that I can hit player bases with a rate and success ratio that is high enough to compete for UCs. It's nice that you do but the majority of players do not. I liked this game a lot more a year or so ago when you could win UCs while doing only PvP rather than PvD. Right now defence is too powerful for everyone except the elite few with maxed frags. Fix the defensive overbalance first and then fix the faction imbalance, starting with nerfing the jets.


User avatar
FruitBowlMafia
Major General
Posts: 272

Re: jumper/jetpack troopers skins/equipment upgrade

Post#25 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:46 pm

strawman3125 wrote:
FruitBowlMafia wrote:
Darthdave wrote:Devs,

Please make the buffed levels of equipment upgrades equal among fractions. If troops output the same damage, then the equipment upgrades should be equal also. Buffed equipment on Empire Jumpers should be equal to Buffed equipment on Jetpack troopers. They are currently not equal and it is very evident.

Players are no longer playing PVP because of the unfair boost in one fraction over the other. My PVP has dropped tremendously because of it also.


I still love PvP, & put up parking lots everyday. I hit bases that are well defended by Elite Commanders.

1. Bait, 2. Lure, 3. Smash

You should read threw the below thread. It didn't start about Jets/Jumps or even balance, but ended up a heated balance debate.

Jump/Jets start pg. #3
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24088


Right now most of my skins are not high enough level that I can hit player bases with a rate and success ratio that is high enough to compete for UCs. It's nice that you do but the majority of players do not. I liked this game a lot more a year or so ago when you could win UCs while doing only PvP rather than PvD. Right now defence is too powerful for everyone except the elite few with maxed frags. Fix the defensive overbalance first and then fix the faction imbalance, starting with nerfing the jets.


I feel ya bro, I hit Dev bases too, because you would be stupid not to during conflicts. But don't overate our skins because yours are lower level. Do them HD loops, get even ya know.

Also, don’t forget the Shot count & Shot Delay

Imp Jumps fire only one shot instead of two. That shot does nearly twice damage as the two shots from a Reb Jet.
Imp = 1shot 3900
Reb = 2shot 2268

Imp Jumps have a shorter shot delay as well. So the one more damaging shot can be fired more often.
Imp = 500ms
Reb = 750ms

Overall calculated DPS is in favor of the Reb Jet with the skinned advantage.
Imp = 1813
Imp = Skin *162%
Reb = 2592
Reb = Skin *188%
~
Lone_Rebellion


strawman3125
Major General
Posts: 382

Re: jumper/jetpack troopers skins/equipment upgrade

Post#26 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:31 pm

FruitBowlMafia wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:
FruitBowlMafia wrote:
I still love PvP, & put up parking lots everyday. I hit bases that are well defended by Elite Commanders.

1. Bait, 2. Lure, 3. Smash

You should read threw the below thread. It didn't start about Jets/Jumps or even balance, but ended up a heated balance debate.

Jump/Jets start pg. #3
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24088


Right now most of my skins are not high enough level that I can hit player bases with a rate and success ratio that is high enough to compete for UCs. It's nice that you do but the majority of players do not. I liked this game a lot more a year or so ago when you could win UCs while doing only PvP rather than PvD. Right now defence is too powerful for everyone except the elite few with maxed frags. Fix the defensive overbalance first and then fix the faction imbalance, starting with nerfing the jets.


I feel ya bro, I hit Dev bases too, because you would be stupid not to during conflicts. But don't overate our skins because yours are lower level. Do them HD loops, get even ya know.

Also, don’t forget the Shot count & Shot Delay

Imp Jumps fire only one shot instead of two. That shot does nearly twice damage as the two shots from a Reb Jet.
Imp = 1shot 3900
Reb = 2shot 2268

Imp Jumps have a shorter shot delay as well. So the one more damaging shot can be fired more often.
Imp = 500ms
Reb = 750ms

Overall calculated DPS is in favor of the Reb Jet with the skinned advantage.
Imp = 1813
Imp = Skin *162%
Reb = 2592
Reb = Skin *188%
~


The final numbers including everything is that rebel jets do 60% more damage and have 10% more health at prestige with level 10 skins.


bob1084
Commodore
Posts: 126

Re: jumper/jetpack troopers skins/equipment upgrade

Post#27 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:13 pm

Darthdave wrote:
bob1084 wrote:Hm let’s see, sniper GR, bursts turrets, any hero skin, hoth.

Or are you so short sighted you just post anything without thought or actual comprehension?


I noticed how you avoided the response to your question and then had to trow in your usual disparaging remarks at the end hoping to demoralize any future confrontations that may cause you any type of mortification to you.

In this case, you now want to transform the subject. Guess you didn't have an intelligent answer!

So lets address your issues with the game:

SNIPER GR:
I use them, but I only win about 50% of my defenses from them. Without SC troops, it would be closer to 0%. I guess you fall in the lower 50% because there are a lot of rebels out there who do not seem to have a problem. BTW, I find rebel GR to be effective also...

Burst Turrets:
I use them.... So whats your point? Both fractions have them, same damage, same buffs, or are you just slinging stuff around now... Do you want an advantage here? LOL, I don't see your point.

Any Hero Skin:
Kesson is the most powerful hero. If you are not using it, why? It is equal on both fractions...or do you not know how? No shame in having to learn. I just noticed how you brought up every hero skin, when in the end, Kesson should be hero of choice for everyone. I only use AT-ACT for dev bases... unless rebel base is easily taken down with it! so.... nothing here, at least from my perspective! I'm sure you have hero skins also...

HOTH:
first, there are 5 other planets... I despise Hoth probably for the same reasons you do. Defense skins are too beefy for both fractions. But again, you are just slinging stuff out there again. Advice from an earlier post...ADAPT...lol.

So for your future squabble over units, please start your own post. THIS ONE IS ABOUT JUMPER/JET EQUIPTMENT UPGRADES. I'm not asking for advantage, just make it equal. I run 3 prestige empire bases and 1 lvl 6 Empire base and have never been in the rebel fraction. Just FYI... take it as you may.

I'll await to see if you affront my post again! Or will you have something scholarly to ad?


Avoided the response? My word is comprehension hard:

1. You are flat wrong on sniper GR, they are NOT equal....

2. Neither are bursts....

3. Hero’s, again short sighted. 4 of the top imp squads boycotted a player run tournament bc the fat@ wasn’t involved? So this is somehow a dev base only hero? Even more laughable is the complete disregard of Vader and his extra troops. Countless posts about him from imps, yet you in your total mastery of the game use kessen. I do wonder, given the options that imps have what counter do rebs have? You don’t think that defending 1 hero (from 95% of players) makes it inherently easier?

4. Hoth, ah yes, 5 other planets. Again, this thinking has gotten us to this state because one faction fails to see the absurdity of have a free UC given to them. Sure hoth is terrible, for both sides, well, one side really due to an unfair advantage. No need to explain this one.

Again, slowly..... equalizing JUST jets and jumps is beyond laughable, if of course your motive is “balance” or something remotely close to it.

This would be like me saying make sniper/sharpshooter GR equal. Infantry multipliers and everything all the same but keep jets where they are. It would be like me saying that the disparity in cook times of hero’s is fine. It would be like me saying that vanguard GR and sniper GR are equal (bc of jet skins). It would be like me saying that sniper GR with a med is equal to vanguard GR. It would be like me saying that sniper GR not being in hero defenses for one faction would be fair. It would be like me saying that unbuffed dev bases to feast on for UC is fair. It would be like me saying that meds healing meds is fair. It would be like me saying that unequal rapid turrets was fair. I would be like me saying that TX skins being different is fair. It would be like me saying one faction gets a mech killer (skiffs) is fair.

I believe this gets my point across, if you equalize JUST JETS/JUMPS. You destroy any semblance of balance in this game whatsoever.

As an example your post (to be taken seriously) might have read: “Difference in jump/jet pack skin fix”

“In the interest of fairness I think jet/jump skins should be equal, in saying this I know that other things need to be addressed at precisely the same time, hero skins, turret damage as well as sniper/sharpshooter GR. By doing this the playing field would be level”

Instead, you do as so many others have.... short sighted fix which would destroy balance. You further could have stated that instead of just Jets/jumps, maybe everything should be equalized across the board. All units/skins are available to all sides. Every unit does the same damage, paths the same etc. the only difference is topical. Along with this, everyone can attack everyone (except squadmates). Cnfo? Gone in a flash. Balance debates, gone in a zoom.

But alas, you (easily deduced from your post) haven’t thought with that kind of depth. Instead, you come on here with a single anecdote that you believe would “save” the game from the terrible unbalance that one singular unit causes rather than see the entire picture for what it is. And for that I chuckle.


User avatar
FruitBowlMafia
Major General
Posts: 272

Re: jumper/jetpack troopers skins/equipment upgrade

Post#28 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:16 pm

strawman3125 wrote:
FruitBowlMafia wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:
Right now most of my skins are not high enough level that I can hit player bases with a rate and success ratio that is high enough to compete for UCs. It's nice that you do but the majority of players do not. I liked this game a lot more a year or so ago when you could win UCs while doing only PvP rather than PvD. Right now defence is too powerful for everyone except the elite few with maxed frags. Fix the defensive overbalance first and then fix the faction imbalance, starting with nerfing the jets.


I feel ya bro, I hit Dev bases too, because you would be stupid not to during conflicts. But don't overate our skins because yours are lower level. Do them HD loops, get even ya know.

Also, don’t forget the Shot count & Shot Delay

Imp Jumps fire only one shot instead of two. That shot does nearly twice damage as the two shots from a Reb Jet.
Imp = 1shot 3900
Reb = 2shot 2268

Imp Jumps have a shorter shot delay as well. So the one more damaging shot can be fired more often.
Imp = 500ms
Reb = 750ms

Overall calculated DPS is in favor of the Reb Jet with the skinned advantage.
Imp = 1813
Imp = Skin *162%
Reb = 2592
Reb = Skin *188%
~


The final numbers including everything is that rebel jets do 60% more damage and have 10% more health at prestige with level 10 skins.


I dont know where you get that number, its more than extreme to claim a 60% advantage.

Especially since there seems to be a misunderstanding around shot count & delay. Also, Jet differences are there because of multiple differences in factions. For instance; Turret differences, different GR multiplyers, Hero differences.
(All this bob just laid out fairly in the above post)

These things matter. Multiply this by the fact that Reb forces have always been infantry based & Imp vehicle base.

Never to late to join the Rebellion, MTFBWY...
Lone_Rebellion


strawman3125
Major General
Posts: 382

Re: jumper/jetpack troopers skins/equipment upgrade

Post#29 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:31 pm

FruitBowlMafia wrote:I dont know where you get that number, its more than extreme to claim a 60% advantage.

Especially since there seems to be a misunderstanding around shot count & delay.

Never to late to join the Rebellion, MTFBWY...



https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/

Calculated damage, already includes shot count and delay.

I primarily play my Rebel accounts these days! So much better!

Imperials can feel free to come and find me on Hoth and add to the rapidly growing count of imperial forces that have been melted by my skinned hails in my SC. Talk about over powered! It’s so awesome! I’m lovin it! When I’m back on a green world I will let you know and you can add to my double digit defensive wins there! My jets eat ATACTs for for snacks!


User avatar
FruitBowlMafia
Major General
Posts: 272

Re: jumper/jetpack troopers skins/equipment upgrade

Post#30 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:41 pm

strawman3125 wrote:
FruitBowlMafia wrote:I dont know where you get that number, its more than extreme to claim a 60% advantage.

Especially since there seems to be a misunderstanding around shot count & delay.

Never to late to join the Rebellion, MTFBWY...



https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/

Calculated damage, already includes shot count and delay.

I primarily play my Rebel accounts these days! So much better!

Imperials can feel free to come and find me on Hoth and add to the rapidly growing count of imperial forces that have been melted by my skinned hails in my SC. Talk about over powered! It’s so awesome! I’m lovin it! When I’m back on a green world I will let you know and you can add to my double digit defensive wins there! My jets eat ATACTs for for snacks!

That is what I already quoted, where is the 60% advantage?

You stripped my comment a bit too. “Jet differences are there because of multiple differences in factions. For instance; Turret differences, different GR multiplyers, Hero differences.”

Imp Jumps fire only one shot instead of two. That shot does nearly twice damage as the two shots from a Reb Jet.
Imp = 1shot 3900
Reb = 2shot 2268

Imp Jumps have a shorter shot delay as well. So the one more damaging shot can be fired more often.
Imp = 500ms
Reb = 750ms

Overall calculated DPS is in favor of the Reb Jet with the skinned advantage.
Imp = 1813
Imp = Skin *162%
Reb = 2592
Reb = Skin *188%
Lone_Rebellion


Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests