Feedback on New Unit Selection Screens

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
TNT
Major General

Feedback on New Unit Selection Screens

Post#1 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:37 am

Feedback on the new recruitment screens

The spiffy new update brought a long overdue overhaul to the unit recruitment screens. I'll ignore my cynicism and say that all changes were made for the betterment of the player. Unfortunately, not everything was quite that good. Let's compile a list of things that can use some tweaking.

1: Changing between unit recruitment buildings is incredibly laggy. On my Iphone 6S it seems to take near 4-5 seconds.
2: A part of the screen real estate has been taken over by a view of your current army. This is very helpful. Unfortunately, despite the smaller images the massive amount of not-jet units (IE useless units) means that jets have been moved off screen. So making the only viable unit now needs extra effort. You could use the filter, but that's another 2 extra taps.
3: The pop up for samples is pretty nice, though for me it's not really wanted. I only use samples for war. The solution here would be a toggle allowing me to turn this option on for wars and off for everything else.

That's it for now from me. Anything to add?
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title To Better Reflect Topic - Added Original Title to Main Topic Post
Join the OuterRimRioters. Drama free, laid back, regular wars and multiple time zones coverage.
Seriously, what more can you ask for in a shitty f2p mobile game?

DeathStriker

Re: Feedback on the new recruitment screens

Post#2 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:54 am

MY OBSERVATIONS:

In my Rebel Barracks I see shown under ALL and DESTROYER a Empire Kubaz Invader shown FIRST.

:arrow: NOTE: These Empire Kubaz Invaders I only have as Samples that were received as part of a earlier Game Glitch / Foul-Up.
In my Rebel Starship Command I see a Empire VT-49 Decimator shown FIRST.

:arrow: NOTE: These Empire VT-49 Decimators I only have as Samples that were received as part of a earlier Game Glitch / Foul-Up.
FORTUNATELY... In my Factory I don't see my Empire TX-225's Samples that were received as part of a earlier Game Glitch / Foul-Up.

⇨ IMPORTANT NOTE: New Unit Selection UI only shows "Regular" Cookable Units and not "Special" Non-Cookable Units like all the "Stolen Units"

**"Special" Non-Cookable Units like all the "Stolen Units" can be accessed via the [Special Units] Button on the Lower Right.

BEST NEW FEATURE: Ability to Remove Units from Troop Transports (sadly does not apply to SC's)

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#3 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:04 am

TNT wrote:The spiffy new update brought a long overdue overhaul to the unit recruitment screens. I'll ignore my cynicism and say that all changes were made for the betterment of the player. Unfortunately, not everything was quite that good. Let's compile a list of things that can use some tweaking.

1: Changing between unit recruitment buildings is incredibly laggy. On my Iphone 6S it seems to take near 4-5 seconds.
2: A part of the screen real estate has been taken over by a view of your current army. This is very helpful. Unfortunately, despite the smaller images the massive amount of not-jet units (IE useless units) means that jets have been moved off screen. So making the only viable unit now needs extra effort. You could use the filter, but that's another 2 extra taps.
3: The pop up for samples is pretty nice, though for me it's not really wanted. I only use samples for war. The solution here would be a toggle allowing me to turn this option on for wars and off for everything else.

Yes, Yes, and Yes. Exactly my thoughts!
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: Officer in this Level 43 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-11 player's welcome. 2-3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#4 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:16 am

ChiptheFish wrote:
TNT wrote:The spiffy new update brought a long overdue overhaul to the unit recruitment screens. I'll ignore my cynicism and say that all changes were made for the betterment of the player. Unfortunately, not everything was quite that good. Let's compile a list of things that can use some tweaking.

Yes, Yes, and Yes. Exactly my thoughts!

Yes.

Maybe the original idea was make things more complicated for players using macros, but this new recruitment system is lagging SWC a lot, for all my accounts -- 2 on Gameroom on different devices but still playable if you don't mind with 2-3 sec freezing while changing between buildings, and all the extra clicks you need to do now to select Jets/jumps. But for my 2 accounts in NOX emulator the game is becoming unplayable due to the huge lag when I open a barrack or factory, and need to wait to load the icons and scroll through all units...

I also have Kubaz samples in my Rebel HQ 10, it shows them first now. I'll never use them, never, because is a rarity like the Undead Scout troopers and my Dekas samples.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

DeathStriker

Post#5 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:24 am

**Repost From Another Topic to Aid Discussion**

In Barracks, Factory, Hero Command, Starship Command and Cantina - you see SAMPLES on some Units.

:arrow: YOU NOW HAVE A CHOICE... Either:

1. Use HQ Sample.

- OR -

2. Pay to Train / Build / Mobilize / Commission / Hire.
FOR EXAMPLE:

New Unit Selection Method Example 1a - Rebel Vanguard
(Click here to view LARGER image)

New Unit Selection Method Example 1b - Rebel Vanguard
(Click here to view LARGER image)

Adding to this Topic...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

AdmiralPiett
Commodore

Re: Feedback on New Unit Selection Screens

Post#6 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:04 am

It's pretty useful if you ask me. The earlier method of going to the HQ, clicking on units, and then coming back was quite a long method. They have made it pretty easy now.
ADMIRAL PIETT - HQ10 MAXED - 40K MEDALS

Proud member Of ChaosWolfPck

CONTACT ME HERE:-

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime

nala101c
Officer

Post#7 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:09 am

Agree with all your statements.

Müllmann

Post#8 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:51 pm

New Unit Selection Screens sucks, it disturb my play routine between attackes. If want something better give us old Screens and a button after attack to replace the troops which i used during the attack.

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#9 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:59 pm

AdmiralPiett wrote:It's pretty useful if you ask me. The earlier method of going to the HQ, clicking on units, and then coming back was quite a long method. They have made it pretty easy now.

Sorry, but I don't think so... Many players like me never use their samples except for war attacks when you need specific units at the highest level or to rush loadouts to attack again while having some OP advantage.

Unless if you are attacking deseperately to get UC in some conflict, and you need to use more samples, but the amount of clicks you have to do now to select normal units doesn't worth the time you save not having to open your HQ inventory.

This new recruitment system sucks because is causing game to lag even more...
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Euph
Admiral

Post#10 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:36 pm

Agree with the general sentiment that the new sample/cook selection screen sucks. I very rarely actually use samples. What took one tap now takes three and it's really slowing me down - alongside the actual slow-down the game is also suffering. I suspect having the training building check your inventory each time it loads is the reason why it's so laggy now.

If they wanted to improve the sample-selection process they should've just added the unit-type tabs to the HQ inventory, IMO. It'd be more useful there than it is in the barracks/factory, where I never use it anyway.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”