An Armoury Free planet

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1380

Re: An Armoury Free planet

Post#31 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:07 am

DarkRebel wrote:
Plagueis wrote:
Some problems: Imperial astromech is a little bit worse than rebel med droids ..

I stopped reading after this.
Proof please ? that IMP med is worse than rebel medic ?

AFAIK, they are identical unit (just like eATTE and eATAT).


Movement speed = 30 vs. 40 and 3 less healing power for imp astromech.

You may continue reading.


DarkRebel
Admiral
Posts: 765

Re: An Armoury Free planet

Post#32 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:24 am

Plagueis wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:
Plagueis wrote:
Some problems: Imperial astromech is a little bit worse than rebel med droids ..

I stopped reading after this.
Proof please ? that IMP med is worse than rebel medic ?

AFAIK, they are identical unit (just like eATTE and eATAT).


Movement speed = 30 vs. 40 and 3 less healing power for imp astromech.

You may continue reading.

Geez. I don't see the 30 vs 40 speed being that relevant, as heavies have speed 20 and Vader speed of 30.

And according to this, healing power is exactly the same (2727/1818 at L10)
IMP: https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/R5Medic.html
Reb: https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/Medic.html

Where is the 3 less healing power are you talking about ?


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1380

Re: An Armoury Free planet

Post#33 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:26 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
Plagueis wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:I stopped reading after this.
Proof please ? that IMP med is worse than rebel medic ?

AFAIK, they are identical unit (just like eATTE and eATAT).


Movement speed = 30 vs. 40 and 3 less healing power for imp astromech.

You may continue reading.

Geez. I don't see the 30 vs 40 speed being that relevant, as heavies have speed 20 and Vader speed of 30.

And according to this, healing power is exactly the same (2727/1818 at L10)
IMP: https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/R5Medic.html
Reb: https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/Medic.html

Where is the 3 less healing power are you talking about ?


The “3” hp is from star wars wiki. I’ll assume that was a typo, lol. As for movement speed, that can absolutely be a noticeable advantage as the faster droids are better able to keep up and stay close to the troops they’re healing especially considering there’s typically a delay between troop movement and following droid.


DarkRebel
Admiral
Posts: 765

Re: An Armoury Free planet

Post#34 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:12 am

Plagueis wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:
Plagueis wrote:
Movement speed = 30 vs. 40 and 3 less healing power for imp astromech.

You may continue reading.

Geez. I don't see the 30 vs 40 speed being that relevant, as heavies have speed 20 and Vader speed of 30.

And according to this, healing power is exactly the same (2727/1818 at L10)
IMP: https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/R5Medic.html
Reb: https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/Medic.html

Where is the 3 less healing power are you talking about ?


The “3” hp is from star wars wiki. I’ll assume that was a typo, lol. As for movement speed, that can absolutely be a noticeable advantage as the faster droids are better able to keep up and stay close to the troops they’re healing especially considering there’s typically a delay between troop movement and following droid.

ok, we discarded the healing power misconception (that rebel version is somehow better). Good, one down.

Now, to the last misconception that somehow rebel medic is "better" because it can move with a max speed of 40.

btw, do you why that is first of all ? The main reason for it is that rebel has healable unit that moves at speed 40 (Han) while there is NO healable IMP unit that has speed higher than 30. That's the reason. There is NO reason for astromedic to have moving speed higher than the speed of the IMP healable units.

Medic simply moves in lock-step with the leading unit, with a slight delay. Now, your argument of the delay and the faster speed for rebel version somehow gives it an advantage is simply bogus. First, with speed of 30 (Vader) and 20 (heavies), this delay is immaterial given the medic healing range of 5 tiles. Tell me this: have you ever seen a case, for IMP, when the leading unit moved so fast that astromedic could not keep up ?

This is the case when the grass is always greener on the other side. Players on one faction (and play mostly in that faction) would always think the other side has all the advantages. I see this everyday in this forum.


Boog
Admiral
Posts: 994

Re: An Armoury Free planet

Post#35 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:31 am

The faster speed has to help some because the droid doesn't heal while it's moving. Less time moving equates to more time healing. It may be negligible in most cases, but It's still a difference.


rawrebel
Commodore
Posts: 205

Re: An Armoury Free planet

Post#36 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:05 am

rebel med droid and imperial astromed work really good on both sides ,the movement speed don't have anything to do with healing capacity,both units have a delay between healing cycles so faster or slower movement speed of 10 have no influence on healing since both units have to wait between healing cycles


DarkRebel
Admiral
Posts: 765

Re: An Armoury Free planet

Post#37 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:51 am

Boog wrote:The faster speed has to help some because the droid doesn't heal while it's moving. Less time moving equates to more time healing. It may be negligible in most cases, but It's still a difference.

Negligible.

Hypothetically speaking, a rebel biased view could have argued that since rebel medic moves faster, it could be hit harder with mortar bombs which target the previous location of the leading unit, LOL.

In practice, there is really no difference. I play on both sides and really, there is no materially difference.


MrRadar
Cadet Trooper
Posts: 2

Re: An Armoury Free planet

Post#38 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:55 am

I think a good idea would be to have Sullest always active as an armory free planet IN ADDITION to your main base. You can then keep your war base up to date and there wouldnt be looting during attacks on Sullest. It would avoid people parking their base there to avoid looting, but also having the option to attack there armory free. Maybe you could have a "Sullest score" that shows your competance in attacks/defenses.

It can be used to see what base configurations work for war, have tournaments as mentioned, and try new attack combinations. A lot of the units are useless past a certain point if you can't put a skin on them, and it would be a good change of pace to have a planet where testing combinations is easier.


Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest