A Counter For Jets/Jumps Is Needed

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
geooflusherforce
Storm Trooper

Re: A Counter For Jets/Jumps Is Needed

Post#51 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:00 pm

I'd like to see an addition to shock troopers, that on defense they target jumps/jets and vehicles first

bob1084
Captain

Post#52 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:09 pm

Plagueis wrote:
bob1084 wrote:Lmao, level 7/8, so blinded by your wanting to never lose you can’t make the deduction I was talking GR/Skins for your GR (fair lol, multiple skinned options on all planets for GR, but balance!)

Simple fix, GR is bye bye, go back to 30% buffs for the already skinned units, adjust turrets and walls accordingly once data is in place to show what is working and not working. Luke- drops a jug, t2bs at cooresponding levels, fatte- buffed and drops rebs, the spider (for both sides) acts like r2d2 does for rebs, r2d2 goes back to his normal usage bc mech will actually be useful, hero ATST gets a massive boost to health and sonic/rocket modifiers to make it actually useful, Vader- throws his light saber instead of going up to turrets making him an actual ranged player, all turrets are balanced accordingly, no differences whatsoever, modifiers to each unit are posted now with no mystery, any balance update includes the coorisponding adjustment to that particular units.

Now that we got that out of the way, UC changes- points that you score will be adjusted according to the level of base you hit. Dev bases will be actual clones of commander bases. Dekas, trap placement and sc contents, hit a level 10 base with full defense etc? 2000 points, and goes down from there, no sc? 1500 points, no deks (they will be useful again) 1200, no traps, 1000.

All matchups are based on hq level FIRST, then medals from there, never to see a base that isn’t within 40k medals of you. Sorry sandbaggers it’s over.

But alas, you won’t like any of that because 1. You hate balance (don’t argue, logging off should never be a way to progress in this game) 2 you are winning 75% of your defenses with level 7/8 units and find this to be too low, 3 you again haven’t provided one update that benefitted rebs, because you can’t, you have to go back to when the Gigi heavy upgrade was introduced.

Last comment because this is going nowhere regardless of how much I break it down. Of you’re going to to say “lvl 7-8 defenses”, make it specific to guard reserve. There’s a whole different topic related to the armory (have’s and have not’s) and lvl 10’s attacking down that actually does somewhat tie into this topic as well.

I’m ok if GR went away. We don’t have it in squad wars and you know what? Squad wars is fun. But getting rid of it isn’t fair to those who put in the time, effort and $$$ into obtaining GR. A flat nerf % across the board for armory equipment is a better option as it doesn’t create an advantage for anyone and allows more units that add utility to offense and defense to be used again. Variety is a good thing.

Last off, I’ve always been very vocal for wanting balance (not perfect balance), even in this topic. I didn’t call for just the jets + meds combo being reduced in effectiveness, I called for the imp version to receive the same treatment. Jets can even keep a slight health and damage buff to compensate for rodian GR, whatever. I also don’t think SWC should be TOTALLY balanced. That goes against canon. Rebels should be the underdog to a degree. That’s part of the appeal IMO. They should also be diametrically different from the empire. Right now it’s jets and jumps. Lame. Both sides using medships on them and little to no strategy to win. Lamer.

What you aren’t grasping here it that I consider a 75% defensive ratio to be fine. I’m not asking to make my defense win 100% of the time against all attacks nor do I ever expect or want that to happen because this game should have some sort of challenge to it. When it loses that challenge there’s no point in playing it. That’s where I got with using buffed jumps and T-5s. I switched to something else because a guaranteed win is BORING. Why play if I know I will win EVERYTIME? What I AM saying is that no attack should be nearly impossible to stop and no, i’m not winning 75% of the time against jets + meds. As I said before, 90% of the time my base goes against them , I lose which is a vastly higher ratio than any other attack my base sees and is regardless of any changes I can make to my defenses (don’t give me any crap about turret combos, GR choices or SC composition). I had to change my layout to attract as many players who are NOT using this combo as possible to maintain that 75% ratio. The bulk of attacks I see are 17+ jets and no medships. Sometimes they win, most of the time they don’t. If I didn’t make these changes and were attacked by nothing but jets + medships I probably would have a defensive ratio of 10%.

Quickly- you want to reduce all units and keep GR as is?

If that’s the case, shut off the servers

bob1084
Captain

Post#53 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:30 pm

Also, and I can’t believe I forgot this, thank you for admitting you wanted an easier road in this game... as embarrassing as it is that you don’t see it, it’s more embarrassing that you admit to wanting it. Smh, I thought better of you

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#54 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:04 pm

Seriously, this is it. I would like all armory equipment to be capped at 30% health/damage. Guard reserve benefits from other armory equipment, namely snipes, mhcs, banthas/dewd and regs/storms so reducing armory equipment health and damage buffs would also reduce guard reserve effectiveness.

This would reduce the effectiveness of jets/jumps as other non-buffed SC units such as bikes or tognaths would be better able to counter them, even with medships and “break” that combo. A variety of other attacks would mostly likely quickly fill the void and but probably wouldn’t have the same level of synergy which would be better overall. It wouldn’t make the game easier or more difficult for anyone excluding those who were dependent on using flyers + medships to earn easy wins and then having to learn something different which happens from time to time in this game anyways.

bob1084
Captain

Post#55 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:45 pm

Plagueis wrote:Seriously, this is it. I would like all armory equipment to be capped at 30% health/damage. Guard reserve benefits from other armory equipment, namely snipes, mhcs, banthas/dewd and regs/storms so reducing armory equipment health and damage buffs would also reduce guard reserve effectiveness.

This would reduce the effectiveness of jets/jumps as other non-buffed SC units such as bikes or tognaths would be better able to counter them, even with medships and “break” that combo. A variety of other attacks would mostly likely quickly fill the void and but probably wouldn’t have the same level of synergy which would be better overall. It wouldn’t make the game easier or more difficult for anyone excluding those who were dependent on using flyers + medships to earn easy wins and then having to learn something different which happens from time to time in this game anyways.

The amount of dumb here is profound, thank you.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Post - Corrected Quote for Clarity

bob1084
Captain

Post#56 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:47 pm

Any base with high level GR on either side would have no chance of losing. Good for you, you upped your game, gold star

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#57 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:21 pm

Guard reserve with less health and less damage will somehow be MORE effective against a wider variety of anti-infantry and anti-vehicle options that would get a defacto “buff” through everything else getting nerfed you say? Uh huh....Maybe you should focus less on trying to insult me and more on the logic behind your replies.

I see where you’re going here’s why it’s wrong.

Guard reserve spawn counts would stay the same (your concern), but the most commonly used units that pop out now (buffed guard reserve) will essentially remain unchanged vs. the most commonly used offensive units (buffed jets/jumps, storms/regs, heavies, cold mhcs/hails, etc.) as they’re all getting the same health/damage nerf. That’s unless you think unbuffed guard reserve is a massive threat. Hint: It’s not. The bigger result actually doesn’t favor offense or defense. Where it really kicks in is with unbuffed units like bikes, skiffs probe droids, hails off of hoth and stuff like that. You know...not jets/jumps. These units would actually work BETTER, giving players more options to counter guard reserve or stock their SCs. Right now, many players bring at least 1 rodian with them to counter GR. With armory buffs reduced a bike or even a probe droid could fulfill that roll and for less UC. Hell, even unbuffed vehicles, heroes and mercs like reg at-at, stupid spider droid and space horse would work better = Good for offense.

On defense our GR bikes would actually not suck so bad, not to mention rebel’s super snazzy new 120 fast speeder which all of the sudden would become a pretty decent SC option = Good for defense

So while the same amount of GR as a whole would spawn, there would be far more and much easier ways to counter it vs. luring and using a fang or luring and ambushing with buffed jets.

That’s all I have to say about that. I’ve covered everything that I can cover repeatedly in some cases and honestly I’m done. Insult me all you want, It’s not going to sway my opinion as this entire conversation you’ve basically only said that my thoughts on this subject won’t work and haven’t provided a reason why they won’t work. Unlike you, I have. You’ve had plenty of chances to go that route and have a civil discussion but chose not to, intead opting to stay closed minded on a forum no less and squeeze in a insult here and there when I at least gave you the chance to counter my argument in a respectful way. You lost credibility the moment you went to dropping insults. Now I’m chosing to ignore your comments. Go nuts cause I ain’t listening.

bob1084
Captain

Post#58 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:38 pm

Lmao, you already know it’s flawed yet you still brought it up... sad really, of all your “solutions” equal GR never is brought up. Hence, “crutch” you know it, I know it, the stats know it.

bob1084
Captain

Post#59 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:44 pm

Whoops, (your words) rebs should have it harder, I apologize, that totally slipped my mind.

Have a good one Mr. 75

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”