A Counter For Jets/Jumps Is Needed

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1326

Re: A counter for jets/jumps is needed

Post#11 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:23 pm

bob1084 wrote:“I won most defenses against players that didn’t use medships”

And yet your idiotic mind came up with the thought that by taking away medships the game game would be better. Smh man, you one up yourself so much it’s almost headspinning.

Good luck master chief, you have no shot at this point, you tried hard but the true master of most idiotic comments strikes again.


“I won most defenses against players that didn’t use medships”

That’s the point of defense. To win as much as possible. This is the utlimate challenge right now because offensive is more powerful than defense by a long shot. But when there is an attack that is nearly impossible to defend against (one that I admitt to using and changed to something else because it really is BS), that’s a problem. Meds aren’t a necessity to win as I’ve shown many with heavy + IA again, earning 2-stars on average and even 3 against tough bases without using air, BUT med ships combined with the fastest generalists in the game make it incredibly easy to do so. Maybe there is an alternative rebel attack that can do the same but I feel like most would never try anything different when there’s an incredibly powerful attack combo and not many players are willing to put themselves at a sporting disadvantage for the sake of having “fun”. People cried over rodians + meds and it got nerfed. They were nowhere near as powerful on defense as flyers + meds are on offense. I know because attacking rebels were using jets + meds to cut through my rodians and meds before the nerf. One aspect changed but the other remains. I wouldn’t call that fact “idiotic”. Maybe your definition of idiotic is actually “logical”. If so, thank you.

So what’s the point of defense if you’re point is that everone should roll your base all the time? If you believe that and think it’s charitable to let everyone win, including those who are “punching above their level like most opponents who attack my base because they don’t have medships yet or experience to win with them, then turn off your armory buffs and swap to nothing but mortars. Not gonna happen right? That’s because defense is important to you and probably even moreseo to me. I’ve probably changed my base layout, turret combination, GR and SC composition thousands of times in pursuit of stopping every attack. It shouldn’t be surprising that I win against inexperienced players and anyone with the same motivation would have similar results. I’ll bet most people can count the number of “valid” attacks they’ve used on one hand. That leads us to the fact that mindless attacks like spamming flyers keeps inexperienced players that way. That’s bad because one nerf can render most players unable to win attacks because they’ve been entirely dependent on using one unit. The devs see it too. Ever wonder why we have crate objectives where we have to deploy sucky stuff like probe droids? It’s probably because the devs want us to try other stuff out and not just buffed flyers. We even have crates for deploying starships other than medships.

The game would be better with a counter to flyers + meds because players would have to use strategy and skill to win again. It’s why no OP wars are really popular with top squads and adding a counter would be fair to players who have invested so much in buffing their defense which is at least half of this game. And bob, don’t throw insults. It makes you sound less intelligent. You can have a different opinion but don’t be a jerk over it. Be respectful and I will show you respect.


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1326

Re: A counter for jets/jumps is needed

Post#12 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:35 pm

Midge wrote:Anybody whining about not being able to defend simply does not understand the problems with this game.

As offense is made easier, revenues increase, significantly. Always have. As offense becomes more difficult, revenues decrease, significantly. Always have.

Revenues are currently at an all-time low.


We have to recognize that SWC is content-driven to fully understand revenue. Buffed Jets/jumps were introduced making offense incredibly easy. After that, what did we get for new content? Fathier riders, worthless spider droid heros and even more worthless demolition droids. Guard reserve was the only worthwhile defensive upgrade to chase but even that aspect is pathetically easy to counter (even rodians) by the average lvl 10 player. Why chase more frags for something that won’t make a diffence? Is lvl 9 storm trooper GR equipment THAT much better than a lvl 8? Lol, no. IMO it’s not worth the effort spending days grinding for a nearly meaningless upgrade. Events are being rehashed, many players have the basic units maxed already and frankly, who’s going to freak out and chase an ongidae oppressor or WED droid? NO ONE is going to spend crystals on this trash. Maybe the currently low revenue is because the game is BORING and we’re been getting garbage content and not some difference between ease of offense vs defense.


bob1084
Captain
Posts: 88

Re: A counter for jets/jumps is needed

Post#13 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:58 pm

So all I have to do is switch to using the heavy med combo and all will be better? Perhaps, and this is just conjecture so take it with a grain of salt.... perhaps the turret differential/GR differential/hero differential is a point of contention from rebs BECAUSE WE CANT USE ANOTHER USABLE ATTACK...

Stop, hammertime, duh duh duh duh, ba ba baaaaa nah stop, hammertime...

Hopefully, this will enter your skull and you will actually think....

Oh wise plagueis is the only other person who is sick of using jumps?!?!?? Holy crap, if only I had thought of using a different attack style, you know the guy that switched loadouts every 2 weeks because I got bored using the hmc or snipers or jets or reb swarms, if only I would have thought to switch loadouts. Thank you, I will note this, although, which strategy should I use currently? Tx swarms? Sure sounds great, but, oh that’s right, I had to slog my way through actual bases to upgrade them to level 4! Not mindless dev grinding as my imp counterparts are afforded. So maybe that will leave me with the heavy med combo!!! Sure, take 10 heavys and 5 meds into a base with 10 minimum rapid turrets (that are stronger than mine) that shred the med droids and now come with snipers pouring out of barracks!

Ok, back to the drawing board, snipers!!! Surely snipers lugs and meds would be the switch I would need. I mean except for pathing and overall game functionality this theoretically would work!

Sorry man, if you think that rebs aren’t trying to come up with attacks that don’t use as much air then you are off your rocker, it just doesn’t exist (if you want to hit actual bases).


bob1084
Captain
Posts: 88

Re: A counter for jets/jumps is needed

Post#14 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:05 pm

What do you know, I just got hit by 17 jumps, 5 rodians and kessen with 7 medships....


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1326

Re: A counter for jets/jumps is needed

Post#15 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:29 pm

I’ve asked before if rebels were trying different attacks and never got an answer. When I was running jumps, I avoided rocket-heavy bases. I avoid burst turret-filled bases when I run heavies. My base is full of RFTs and you know what gets through besides jets + medships? TX’s followed by whatever else. I’ve had chewie give my base trouble. *%#^+#% chewie. Maybe this is a question of screening units. Every turret combo has a weakness and It’s hard to believe the only way rebels can deal with RFTs or sonics is by spamming jets and air, especially when GR is so easily lure or killed with a single fang fighter. Maybe different tactics are required by they factions but this is nothing new. I have to question the validity of rebels having such limited options on offense. And your second comment bob, there’s the allure of using the easiest attack possible that I was talking about when there are other options to use that will work with practice. Everyone does it, but that doesn’t mean it’s a necessity. It’s just practically a guaranteed win when combined with medships so of course everyone is going to use it and nothing but it in most circumstances. There was a time time every rebel used heavy + med or e at-at + mhcs and you can BET they would say those attacks were their only option if asked back then while ignore other valid attacks that were less but still effective.


User avatar
Midge
Admiral
Posts: 821

Re: A counter for jets/jumps is needed

Post#16 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:43 pm

Plagueis wrote:
Midge wrote:Anybody whining about not being able to defend simply does not understand the problems with this game.

As offense is made easier, revenues increase, significantly. Always have. As offense becomes more difficult, revenues decrease, significantly. Always have.

Revenues are currently at an all-time low.


We have to recognize that SWC is content-driven to fully understand revenue. Buffed Jets/jumps were introduced making offense incredibly easy. After that, what did we get for new content? Fathier riders, worthless spider droid heros and even more worthless demolition droids. Guard reserve was the only worthwhile defensive upgrade to chase but even that aspect is pathetically easy to counter (even rodians) by the average lvl 10 player. Why chase more frags for something that won’t make a diffence? Is lvl 9 storm trooper GR equipment THAT much better than a lvl 8? Lol, no. IMO it’s not worth the effort spending days grinding for a nearly meaningless upgrade. Events are being rehashed, many players have the basic units maxed already and frankly, who’s going to freak out and chase an ongidae oppressor or WED droid? NO ONE is going to spend crystals on this trash. Maybe the currently low revenue is because the game is BORING and we’re been getting garbage content and not some difference between ease of offense vs defense.


Per usual, it all flew over your head. You CLAIM that everyone is just rolling on offense. In general, that is not the case. On a large scale, that is not CLOSE to the case. That is why revenues are down. Not because people aren't chasing frags, because people ARE NOT PLAYING. They log off. Wait for defends. Ride protections. Maybe hit once or twice a day max.

I am not talking about rinkydinks. I am talking about long time players that don't want to deal with the shit spewing out of GRs. So, keep talking about how easy offense is all you like, the numbers dwindling are because of EXACTLY the opposite.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : 100k+ Medals : Joined the Rebellion 12/28/2015


bob1084
Captain
Posts: 88

Re: A counter for jets/jumps is needed

Post#17 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:29 pm

Midge wrote:
Plagueis wrote:
Midge wrote:Anybody whining about not being able to defend simply does not understand the problems with this game.

As offense is made easier, revenues increase, significantly. Always have. As offense becomes more difficult, revenues decrease, significantly. Always have.

Revenues are currently at an all-time low.


We have to recognize that SWC is content-driven to fully understand revenue. Buffed Jets/jumps were introduced making offense incredibly easy. After that, what did we get for new content? Fathier riders, worthless spider droid heros and even more worthless demolition droids. Guard reserve was the only worthwhile defensive upgrade to chase but even that aspect is pathetically easy to counter (even rodians) by the average lvl 10 player. Why chase more frags for something that won’t make a diffence? Is lvl 9 storm trooper GR equipment THAT much better than a lvl 8? Lol, no. IMO it’s not worth the effort spending days grinding for a nearly meaningless upgrade. Events are being rehashed, many players have the basic units maxed already and frankly, who’s going to freak out and chase an ongidae oppressor or WED droid? NO ONE is going to spend crystals on this trash. Maybe the currently low revenue is because the game is BORING and we’re been getting garbage content and not some difference between ease of offense vs defense.


Per usual, it all flew over your head. You CLAIM that everyone is just rolling on offense. In general, that is not the case. On a large scale, that is not CLOSE to the case. That is why revenues are down. Not because people aren't chasing frags, because people ARE NOT PLAYING. They log off. Wait for defends. Ride protections. Maybe hit once or twice a day max.

I am not talking about rinkydinks. I am talking about long time players that don't want to deal with the shit spewing out of GRs. So, keep talking about how easy offense is all you like, the numbers dwindling are because of EXACTLY the opposite.


Midge you hit the nail on the head... I attack 4 times a day tops (when an ep event isn’t going on) all air spent, I try not to use my sc (not by choice, it doesn’t get filled) but that has had a welcomed affect in that I am playing better with kessen bc if he misses I lose). Which in turn I am getting better with kessen angles etc bc I don’t have the fall back.

And plagueis, yes I have seen chewy shred bases, same as his imp equivalent yet one thing is common in all of those replays.... maxed skins. This all can be summed up in that this game in pvp has become the haves and the have nots, you either have high level skins or you don’t. Which has alienated so many long time paying players it’s a joke.


User avatar
XitLiteNtrNite
Captain
Posts: 80

Re: A counter for jets/jumps is needed

Post#18 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:51 pm

The constant grind to get max frags is killing the game. The casual player can't compete, and too many serious players burn out. Its a great money grab by Disney, don't get me wrong. But if you have long-term players leave and not enough new players to fill the spaces, you end up with a non-viable game.
In game name: Paper Tiger, member of Hostile.Warfare
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: #6882


JDD
Major General
Posts: 377

Re: A counter for jets/jumps is needed

Post#19 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:09 pm

I get rolled by chImp HMCs but my HMCs get rolled. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1326

Re: A counter for jets/jumps is needed

Post#20 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:49 pm

Midge wrote:
Plagueis wrote:
Midge wrote:Anybody whining about not being able to defend simply does not understand the problems with this game.

As offense is made easier, revenues increase, significantly. Always have. As offense becomes more difficult, revenues decrease, significantly. Always have.

Revenues are currently at an all-time low.


We have to recognize that SWC is content-driven to fully understand revenue. Buffed Jets/jumps were introduced making offense incredibly easy. After that, what did we get for new content? Fathier riders, worthless spider droid heros and even more worthless demolition droids. Guard reserve was the only worthwhile defensive upgrade to chase but even that aspect is pathetically easy to counter (even rodians) by the average lvl 10 player. Why chase more frags for something that won’t make a diffence? Is lvl 9 storm trooper GR equipment THAT much better than a lvl 8? Lol, no. IMO it’s not worth the effort spending days grinding for a nearly meaningless upgrade. Events are being rehashed, many players have the basic units maxed already and frankly, who’s going to freak out and chase an ongidae oppressor or WED droid? NO ONE is going to spend crystals on this trash. Maybe the currently low revenue is because the game is BORING and we’re been getting garbage content and not some difference between ease of offense vs defense.


Per usual, it all flew over your head. You CLAIM that everyone is just rolling on offense. In general, that is not the case. On a large scale, that is not CLOSE to the case. That is why revenues are down. Not because people aren't chasing frags, because people ARE NOT PLAYING. They log off. Wait for defends. Ride protections. Maybe hit once or twice a day max.

I am not talking about rinkydinks. I am talking about long time players that don't want to deal with the shit spewing out of GRs. So, keep talking about how easy offense is all you like, the numbers dwindling are because of EXACTLY the opposite.


Sorry but your claims are purely anecdotal. Provide some actual stats of players leaving because they can’t win on offense from a refutable source and I’ll agree with you. Historically, I get people on this forum who swear up and down that if they don’t win most of the time the entire player base will quit. I guarantee someone will say this today if I mention buffing defense in the slightest bit. But they must be winning right now because the game is still going. Not as strong as before but we are getting really bad new content and that has to be considered a factor unless everyone wants demolition droids THAT bad but can’t win on offense and decide to quit for that reason only, lol. Come to think of it, I was the only person on this forum who was excited about unlocking fathier riders and trying to make them work somehow despite how terrible and useless they are. But of course new content like fathier riders makes us all want to play more SWC..Yay!!!

Remember “turret gate” when every rebel threatened to rage quit and we heard the same nonsense talk of people leaving in droves YET they stuck around. You can’t tell me it’s any harder on offense now then it was during that time. I had over 135 defensive wins and 4 offensive wins in an Er’kit conflict like many other imps and rebels STILL didn’t quit. I’m not buying any talk of it being hard for rebels to win now with the current buffs even if they’re low level because the skip button still exists. As a matter of fact, I use it. So I think you must be talking about the most casual players imaginable or sub level 9 guys who are way behind on the crate chase and typically get matched up against 10’s or just got bored with the game because I WILL get attacked 5 minutes after logging off consistently by a 10 on any planet and not because my base is rediculously easy or whatever. There absolutely is a large enough base of players who have decent enough skins to have no issue against GR. I know because I revenge many of these bases and often they are not maxed 10’s. And if it were true that masses of rebels have “given up” because it’s so hard to win, UC in conflicts wouldn’t be so high. If I’m wrong, look at tat and honestly tell me all of those rebels are earning UC by attacking 2-4 times a day and earning defensive wins.


Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 7 guests