A Counter For Jets/Jumps Is Needed

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
Plagueis
Grand Admiral

A Counter For Jets/Jumps Is Needed

Post#1 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:05 pm

Put a vehicle against a buffed rocket turret and it will die, even if you spam med ships on it.

This is also the case when running heavies or any other infantry including jets/jumps against RFTs/Bursts etc. We all know and admit buffed flyers are too powerful. They’re nearly unstoppable when combined with medships and GR has been lured or the SC has otherwise been nulified. Even “godly” turrets like RFTs with lvl X heatsink and reinforcement get steamrolled. I know, I have them. There’s no doubt, there’s no attack that compares in strength to jets/jumps, especially when combined with medships. Your CB is vulnerable not matter the defensive you’ve tediously set up and it’s not fair...to anyone.

I’m not expecting buffed flyers to get nerfed, which would be the obvious way to make life not suck for everyone on defense and force the lazy and inexperienced to use different offensive combos that yes, work perfectly fine even against GR. So here’s my thought on this and a serious consideration on mass-emailing disney over it:

We need a way to counter flying units that receive heals from medships and I would like to see a new turret that has a modifier (2-300%) vs. these units that offsets any amount of healing or provides a “dampening field” that prevents medship heals ala dropping one on a unit that’s under a shield. Maybe these turrets could have a only a 100% a medship hits a jet/jump and THEN ramps up to a 300% to counter the healing, discouraging using medships until those turrets are destroyed. These attacks are mindless for both factions and honestly, something needs to change.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title - Capitalized

chicohound
Commodore

Re: A counter for jets/jumps is needed

Post#2 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:34 pm

I can see from your post that you are an imperial. The RFT crap has been discussed in length on numerous other posts. Rebel RFT's suck, plain and simple. Imperial RFt's, however, can destroy a rebel jet trooper in mere seconds. How about that for you imbalance crazies.

ZeryabPrime
Commodore

Post#3 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:37 pm

There are quite some ways of defending these Jumps/Jets. I agree they are extremely powerful, but it is all a part of the game.

Changing your layout and turrets might help in defense. Correct placement of traps, IDTs. Put snipers in your SC, Or if your an imperial, use the Sniper Gaurd Reserve
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#4 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:08 pm

As Imperial i'm going to swap all my Sonics for Rapids as soon as I have a free worker droid and keep Rockets for heroic defenses because I play with a Rebel level 9 base and I see how my Jets are pulverized when hitted by Imperial RFs.

As Rebel, I use 5 buffed Jets in my Squad Center and sit and watch Replays of my defenses and laugh a lot when my 5 level 4 Jets destroy an entire horde of buffed Jumps.

As Imperial, I use Rodians in my Guard Reserve, and buffed Jumps in my SC, and go off line with the fingers crossed for the next who attack my base with 14-17 buffed Jets be a bad attacker and I can have a chance of win another defense.

All this talk about imbalances between the two factions has already given what had to give. Play with both factions, and know your opponent's weapons and learn new strategies from your evolution and observation playing as Imperial and Rebel instead of repeating that Jets are better than Jumps, or that Imperials have Rodians in Guard Reserve and Rebels have Vanguards, or that Imperial RFs are better than Rebel RFs.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:58 pm

The counter to jumps/jets exists. Go to Tat and check out the bases there. Virtually every one is geared towards the jump/jet horde.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#6 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:46 am

My IMP base can defend low lovel buffed jets, no problem. With high level buffed jets (I can guess by how easy and fast they maul down turrets, GR troops and anything on their way) back by multiple healships - they are unstoppable. If Kessen got my SC, easily 2 star or hundie even. Even if Kessen missed, they were strong enough to get at least one star. (My RFTs have L9 skin, and rodian L4)

On attack, my L5 skin jumps can take on bases with lower level skin turrets and GR troops, no problem. Against base with max skin level, L5 skin jumps seem to just melt, faster than my L4 T5s can heal them. I can get 1-2 star, with air, but not hundies. Certainly not as easy as the OP made it sound like. I am talking about rebel bases on Tat, and some on Hoth.

So it’s not that the jumps/jets that are over powered, sometimes it’s the mismatch in armory level.

The game experience is different for each player, depending on their match making pool and armory equipment level.

I am willing to bet that rebels with good Kessen sniping skills and high level (L9-10) buffed jets would have absolutely no issue with any/most IMP bases, and similarly for IMP players with L10 skinned Vader, good attack skill, and high level jumps (L9-10).

For the average player with L4-5 buffed jumps (L2-3 buffed jets), attacking fully equipped base with high armory level is still a challenge. Lots of IMP players, even with buffed jumps, have problem taking on rebel bases on Tat.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:48 am

chicohound wrote:I can see from your post that you are an imperial. The RFT crap has been discussed in length on numerous other posts. Rebel RFT's suck, plain and simple. Imperial RFt's, however, can destroy a rebel jet trooper in mere seconds. How about that for you imbalance crazies.

I have nothing but lvl 10 RFTs with maxed skins as indicated. Against medships, no they do not. Even with a mix of RFTs and maxed sonics and against med ships, no they do not. This isn’t about rebel RFTs. You guys use rockets which seem to be our RFT equivalent considering our jumps have less health.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:01 am

So having a large amount of players with lower level flyers which seem to be somewhat balanced at that point justifies letting those with high level flyers roll over pretty much any base with absolute impunity? Oh yeah, the OP was about flyers with medships BTW which many low level players don’t have yet and makes that impunity possible. Again, this is NOT about the level of jet/jump skin. Imagine a vader twirling 4-5 times while still killing turrets. That’s the equivalent of spamming medships of flyers. Maybe even worse since other buildings and troops get killed too.

I’m not saying it’s impossible to counter jets/jumps. It’s actually pretty easy with a good base layout and a crap ton of RFTs which IMO perform better than a mix of RFTs and sonics. I even parked on tat, the defacto rebel stronghold to test my base. I won most defenses against players who DIDN’T use medships with their jets. The losses were in the low 50% range against legitimately good players, which I consider reasonable. But when medships entered the equation those loses jumped up into the 75-100% range. This is a “win button”. If someone uses at least two medships, odds are you will lose. I know because I used to use this exact attack and 9 out of 10 time I could 100% guys from ultras, havok, etc as long as I had at least two t-5s handy. This is life at high medal count HQ 10. And this is regardless of base layout and SC composition too. It’s this synergy that I have a problem with. It’s a guaranteed way to take 50k+ CB from players (I took 90k one time) simply by waiting a little bit in between attacks or burning a few crystals. It’s too powerful and there really is no counter for it. There should be.

bob1084
Commodore

Post#9 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:01 am

“I won most defenses against players that didn’t use medships”

And yet your idiotic mind came up with the thought that by taking away medships the game game would be better. Smh man, you one up yourself so much it’s almost headspinning.

Good luck master chief, you have no shot at this point, you tried hard but the true master of most idiotic comments strikes again.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:01 am

Anybody whining about not being able to defend simply does not understand the problems with this game.

As offense is made easier, revenues increase, significantly. Always have. As offense becomes more difficult, revenues decrease, significantly. Always have.

Revenues are currently at an all-time low.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”