Cheater report

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
DarthLazer
Commodore

Re: Cheater report

Post#61 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:09 pm

I have had a few players removed from game, but it took great effort and many many emails, screenshots, videos. They sure in heck don't make it easy
Partner of Dark_DyNasty squad and Windows survivor.
Sister Squads, Dark_DyNasty 2 and DDII

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Force_Awareness

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#62 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:26 pm

yep, I've asked them about this many times and ... no longer have any desire to invest the hours to document this sludge's existence.

Zynga has to be aware of them already, they're just turning a blind eye to this.

and someday, the player group will shove a pickaxe into that blind eye.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#63 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:34 am

Cheating is commonly done by modifying unit stats (e.g. damage rating, defense equipments) during runtime when the app software is running. In these cases, replays do not re-enact the exact game play because the unit stats used during the replay are not the same as the ones used during actual game play.

Game developers need to enhance the software to detect these modifications during runtime and lock down the software. Easier said than done, I know, but this is the right way to stop cheaters.

Banning suspected players are difficult because: (1) You can’t prove that the player cheated by just looking at the report and (2) player can easily create another account.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#64 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:40 am

DarthLazer wrote:I have had a few players removed from game, but it took great effort and many many emails, screenshots, videos. They sure in heck don't make it easy

In a way, I appreciate that they don’t just immediately ban the suspected player, because of a single report. As replay error is a known issue, if a player reported another innocent player just because the replay result didn’t match the actual result, the innocent player might be incorrectly banned.

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#65 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:02 am

DarkRebel wrote:Cheating is commonly done by modifying unit stats (e.g. damage rating, defense equipments) during runtime when the app software is running. In these cases, replays do not re-enact the exact game play because the unit stats used during the replay are not the same as the ones used during actual game play.

Game developers need to enhance the software to detect these modifications during runtime and lock down the software. Easier said than done, I know, but this is the right way to stop cheaters.

Banning suspected players are difficult because: (1) You can’t prove that the player cheated by just looking at the report and (2) player can easily create another account.

I had suspected that the app worked in that fashion, that the stuff on the server and what was on my screen weren't necessarily the same, but thanks for confirming.

So Zynga's server logs will not show cheating, due to their effing lazy programming (inherited from The Mouse).

I don't have enough time to report this terd over and over again - he hit me again overnight.

EDIT: it was a revenge on my revenge, so while he knocked me offline, at least I lost no gears in the conflict (and he got none). I'm not going to revenge his revenge on my revenge, I'm done with him. He's dead to me.

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#66 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:54 am

My support request:

December 30, 2019, 17:49 -0600
I'm getting attacked, 4 times now in the past 2 days, by this dirtbag cheater. The attached photos show that he dumps stuff and has below 20%, then suddenly has 100%.
Attachments:
attachment 1 ( Image )
attachment 2 ( Image )
attachment 3 ( Image )
attachment 4 ( Image )
attachment 5 ( Image )

The response:

Re: [8868115] I'm getting attacked, 4 times now in the past 2 days, by this dirtbag cheater. T...

From Zynga Support. Conversation ID: #8868115

Joseph T. support@zynga.com via mail.helpshift.com
6:18 AM (3 hours ago)
to me

### Do not reply below this line ###
Joseph T.
December 31, 2019, 06:18 -0600
Hi Tom,

Thanks for reporting this player by sending screenshots. We hope you understand that we are unable to provide details of the investigation results due to privacy considerations however, you can be assured that the/these profile/s will be thoroughly checked and sanctions will be applied once they are proven guilty of cheating in the game.

Also, our team is currently investigating an issue with the replays showing inaccurate results. You can refer to your Battle Logs, for now, to check for the correct battle outcomes. For updates on the investigation progress or fix, you may visit this article moving forward: https://zynga.my/SWCReplayLogsDifferent

As a gesture of your report, I have added an extra crate to your profile. Please check it in your HQ inventory. You may now reload your game for changes to apply. Your vigilance is appreciated, Commander. Good day.

Regards,
Joseph
Zynga Player Support

I got a single regular daily crate, the type that I don't even usually want to open.

Under 100k of credits, one shock trooper sample.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#67 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:59 am

Thanks for reporting, TKTB51.
I do care about cheating, as that can ruin experiences for the players in general. I don’t want to see it happening to me, or any other players. So I reported every incident, and will continue to do so if it happens to me.
I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it, if the suspected player doesn’t get immediately removed.
I just report them, based on principle, because it’s the right thing to do.
If everyone just turns blind eyes toward cheating activities, then it will just get worse.

Sure, this is just a game, so people shouldn’t be too serious, and just have fun, and shouldn’t care too much. But the game would be a bit more fun, if there is less of these going around.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#68 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:53 am

Cheater: Hulk from ITALIANI. An old and well known squad from my Windows days.

This dude attacked my imperial HQ 11 and failed miserably with the stupid deployment of 14 jets and dropping Fangs over my shields like an idiot for nothing, got only 26%. He attacked like a scared little girl and needs to practice more with Kessen because he shot away from my SC - which was empty.

Only 1 player with a decent attack - Yoda Awesomenes - has earned 3 stars from my base since becoming Prestige. The others who got 3 stars were stupid cheaters like this. I could go to ITALIANI and have him explain, but I have more to do than waste my time on losers, Unless he comes here and explains how he got 3 stars with such loadout in case it was a replay glitch.

That costed me 16 hours of protection and I was unable to get more defensive wins and failed in get a better position than Bronzium I in the recent conflict on Tatooine.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#69 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:36 pm

and it's crap like this which is the reason why I care about cheaters

not resources, not medals, no, those don't really mean anything

it's being kicked out of a conflict early (w/ protection, which I don't really want, ever) and losing on frags.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#70 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:43 am

Second time this week, a damn cheater attacks my Imperial HQ 11, and puts this base under protection and prevents for 12h from getting defensive wins in the Tatooine conflict.

He got 2% and waited for almost 1min the time runs out to hack and reverse defeat to a 99% win. Why not 100%? He got only half the points and EP, idiot. He is not in a squad.

These bastards can attack any of my other bases, I don't care about defensive wins, conflict points or medals, they can shove them where the sun doesn't hit.

But here the story is another. This base just plays defense now, but I'm getting tired. Life as a Prestige is not easy and we still have to deal with these cheaters SOB.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”