Unbalance in the game

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
bob1084
Captain

Re: Unbalance in the game

Post#51 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:51 am

Plagueis wrote:
bob1084 wrote:
MasterCheez0324 wrote:Another crying rebel. Just do what imps have been doing and suck it up, because on defense rodians are pretty much the only counter to the brainless jet mob. And just so you're aware, more devs play as rebels than imps.

Well, this has now surpassed all the idiotic statements on here that I have ever read. Congratulations, you did it (to quote Elf), this surpasses plagueis the wise’s statement “I would argue cold hails in the sc are better than cold mhc ((in the sc and spewing out of factories)).

Phenomenal job with both thought and comedy, that takes true talent.

It’s just like argueing that a reg at-at in the SC is better than two juggs because it does more damage. Even though the lower damage unts are weaker, they can actually roll into the fight and make a different with their superior numbers. This has been proven as seen in MANY a rebel SC. And so you know, a lot of imps stick with rodians instead of cold mhcs because of the painfully long spawning time for factories, the reduced damage mhcs do to flying units and the fact that it’s not as easy to tuck factories under shields vs. doing the same with barracks. I run rodians and int-4s instead of cold mhcs because they’re even easier to counter than rodians and there are generally less of them to counter in the first place. So thanks for saying my statement was idiotic without putting an ounce of thought into it.

So let me get this straight for 1 second in my small brain.... your counter to my statement was: 1. Bring up sc contents from over 2 years ago (before the bike buff).... and 2. To exchange one ridiculous GR skinned unit for another one (both of which there is no comparable unit for rebs to use on defense).....

******MasterCheez you sir are now back to second place, the race is on. Although anything that doesn’t include meds healing meds will ultimately put you in a distant second place....

JDD
Major General

Post#52 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:56 pm

RMick3 wrote:I don't know of a single rebel player in the game that wouldn't love to adjust the jet stats to match jumps in order to be able to deploy sharpshooters from the barracks, much less buffed ones. Not one. Even without bringing the vanguard into the conversation, at comparable levels, the jet vs sniper is still hugely to the imperial advantage than jump vs sharpshooter. That extra 100% damage the imperial snipers enjoy is massive. Applying the Rodian or Sullust Recon skin doesn't matter. As long as the imperial snipes get 300% and rebs sharps get 200% vs infantry, there's going to be an underlying imbalance.

I was against this at first but I've come to believe that the only true fix for unit imbalance is to give both sides completely equivalent units. More than that, I'd like to see a massive nerf across the board on both offense & defense so I can use something besides jets all the time. I've cut way back on my playing, not because of the unit imbalance (and I obviously believe it's more difficult as a reb ... but it's still playable) but mainly because it's just gotten flat-out boring.

Perhaps the biggest imbalance that's going to kill the game exists equally on both sides. That is jets/jumps vs any other seriously viable offensive option.

+100000000, Jolly well said!

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#53 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:40 pm

bob1084 wrote:
Plagueis wrote:
bob1084 wrote:
Well, this has now surpassed all the idiotic statements on here that I have ever read. Congratulations, you did it (to quote Elf), this surpasses plagueis the wise’s statement “I would argue cold hails in the sc are better than cold mhc ((in the sc and spewing out of factories)).

It’s just like argueing that a reg at-at in the SC is better than two juggs because it does more damage. Even though the lower damage unts are weaker, they can actually roll into the fight and make a different with their superior numbers. This has been proven as seen in MANY a rebel SC. And so you know, a lot of imps stick with rodians instead of cold mhcs because of the painfully long spawning time for factories, the reduced damage mhcs do to flying units and the fact that it’s not as easy to tuck factories under shields vs. doing the same with barracks. I run rodians and int-4s instead of cold mhcs because they’re even easier to counter than rodians and there are generally less of them to counter in the first place. So thanks for saying my statement was idiotic without putting an ounce of thought into it.

So let me get this straight for 1 second in my small brain.... your counter to my statement was: 1. Bring up sc contents from over 2 years ago (before the bike buff).... and 2. To exchange one ridiculous GR skinned unit for another one (both of which there is no comparable unit for rebs to use on defense).....

******MasterCheez you sir are now back to second place, the race is on. Although anything that doesn’t include meds healing meds will ultimately put you in a distant second place....

Hey, you wanted to compare equivalent units. It’s not my fault you’re miffed over being wrong after I posted proof of it. Mhcs = slow and less can fit in the SC. Just like an at-at. Hails = faster and more fit in an SC. Just like a jugg. Having 2 juggs in an SC was better than having a single At-At. That’s why for a very long time many rebels ran with two juggs while imps used bikes or snipes. Slow units like reg at-at suck on defense because it takes them longer to actually reach a target...IF that even happens. It’s just like it is right now and has been for over two years with SC hails and mhcs.

And is GR really that big of an issue anymore? Do you just blindly deploy and let rodians spew out and murder your stuff or do you lure them first? And on the second wave, how effective are those 2-3 rodians at the most that might spawn if the barracks aren’t already destroyed against 17 jets that just got healed by a landseer or a single fang fighter? Not very. But more effective as a matter of fact than cold mhcs that again do 1/2 damage to flying units and can’t get out of their own way to fire a single shot at times. And please, no more crying about GR. There are too many threads on both the “pity party” and how to deal with GR sides of the coin. If “rediculous GR skinned units” that spawn at least 3 units each time were as big of a threat rebels would be trying to kessen snipe barracks or factories instead of the SC. Luring is THAT easy and effective and the second wave of a few units is no threat against a full load of the most powerful offensive units in the game at basically point blank range as anyone who isn’t terrible at this game and did the first luring should be shooting or close to shooting barracks or factories by then. Don’t pretend like GR cold mhcs are this godly defensive unit when they aren’t, even when compared to GR skiffs. At least they’re fast enough to have a chance to shoot at stuff and aren’t hampered by the worst pathing in the game.

MasterCheez0324
Captain

Post#54 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:53 pm

bob1084 wrote:
Plagueis wrote:
bob1084 wrote:

I'm just saying, when hmc was a real cancer, barely any rebs came out and spoke about how I'm balanced it is , and now that I'm have a way to counter the new cancer, the rebs can't stand their precious units being taken out because of a lack of strategy. I'm not competing BTW, though it might seem that way in your smol rebel brain ;)

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#55 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:59 pm

The main complaint back then was heavy + meds. This comprised the bulk of the threads for the longest time. The difference is that pre-armory this was hard to counter as a player couldn’t just drop a droid in a corner and the problem would go away. It was in many ways worse than jets are now (which are stronger than jumps to balance with GR rodians). With heavy + meds back then losing at least 40% of your base but no stars was a really good defense. Valid complaint vs. less valid complaint.

JDD
Major General

Post#56 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:12 pm

The potence of Rebel HMC's overrated. Red tin can has no brakes & likes tae smell heavies butts (it's only fixed recently) so it gets shot tae pieces by stronger chImp RFTs.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#57 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:18 pm

JDD wrote:The potence of Rebel HMC's overrated. Red tin can has no brakes & likes tae smell heavies butts (it's only fixed recently) so it gets shot tae pieces by stronger chImp RFTs.

Imp Hmcs are overrated too and red tin cans used to be nearly unstoppable even compared to how buffed jets are now. I’m not debating that heavy + med isn’t as powerful as jets or how viable that build is as people didn’t seem to want to test it out because rebels don’t have vader/why when jets are better, as noted in another thread.

JDD
Major General

Post#58 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:27 pm

ChImps don't have HMC because there's no Astromech back then. The black dog & 3-4 mhcs was the norm tae break Rebs defences. I've tried the old trick of tripping the SC then ambush with HMC, results not as spectacular as Jets horde.

JDD
Major General

Post#59 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:30 pm

Level the jets/jumps, give the Rebs GR snipes. Advantage still with ChImps but at least an end tae this long almost neverending story.

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#60 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:03 pm

This argument has existed since the game's Inception. The factions have never been perfectly balanced and they never will be. The takeaway is that it is possible to succeed on offense and defense on both sides.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”