Unbalance in the game

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
bob1084
Captain

Re: Unbalance in the game

Post#41 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:21 pm

MasterCheez0324 wrote:Another crying rebel. Just do what imps have been doing and suck it up, because on defense rodians are pretty much the only counter to the brainless jet mob. And just so you're aware, more devs play as rebels than imps.

Well, this has now surpassed all the idiotic statements on here that I have ever read. Congratulations, you did it (to quote Elf), this surpasses plagueis the wise’s statement “I would argue cold hails in the sc are better than cold mhc ((in the sc and spewing out of factories)).

Phenomenal job with both thought and comedy, that takes true talent.

bob1084
Captain

Post#42 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:24 pm

Boog wrote:Because jets do 42% more damage than jumps and buffed jets do 53% more damage. Would it be fair for imps to have weaker guard reserves as well? You also get to use those more powerful jets in wars, where the armory is inactive.

Hm, I don’t see that anywhere from any credible source.... care to share where these numbers came from?

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#43 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:38 pm

bob1084 wrote:
Boog wrote:Because jets do 42% more damage than jumps and buffed jets do 53% more damage. Would it be fair for imps to have weaker guard reserves as well? You also get to use those more powerful jets in wars, where the armory is inactive.

Hm, I don’t see that anywhere from any credible source.... care to share where these numbers came from?

https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/

That's as credible as it gets. The relative difference has been tweaked, and jets do ~46% more damage now. The devs seem to change the hidden stats frequently. The displayed stats are useless.

bob1084
Captain

Post#44 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:09 pm

Boog wrote:
bob1084 wrote:

That's as credible as it gets. The relative difference has been tweaked, and jets do ~46% more damage now. The devs seem to change the hidden stats frequently. The displayed stats are useless.

Whoops, I mispoke... side by side, equal level jets/jumps on an equal level building.... anything other than that is a complete waste of everyone’s time

RMick3
Squadron Leader

Post#45 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:17 pm

I don't know of a single rebel player in the game that wouldn't love to adjust the jet stats to match jumps in order to be able to deploy sharpshooters from the barracks, much less buffed ones. Not one. Even without bringing the vanguard into the conversation, at comparable levels, the jet vs sniper is still hugely to the imperial advantage than jump vs sharpshooter. That extra 100% damage the imperial snipers enjoy is massive. Applying the Rodian or Sullust Recon skin doesn't matter. As long as the imperial snipes get 300% and rebs sharps get 200% vs infantry, there's going to be an underlying imbalance.

I was against this at first but I've come to believe that the only true fix for unit imbalance is to give both sides completely equivalent units. More than that, I'd like to see a massive nerf across the board on both offense & defense so I can use something besides jets all the time. I've cut way back on my playing, not because of the unit imbalance (and I obviously believe it's more difficult as a reb ... but it's still playable) but mainly because it's just gotten flat-out boring.

Perhaps the biggest imbalance that's going to kill the game exists equally on both sides. That is jets/jumps vs any other seriously viable offensive option.

MasterCheez0324
Captain

Post#46 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:33 pm

bob1084 wrote:
MasterCheez0324 wrote:Another crying rebel. Just do what imps have been doing and suck it up, because on defense rodians are pretty much the only counter to the brainless jet mob. And just so you're aware, more devs play as rebels than imps.

Well, this has now surpassed all the idiotic statements on here that I have ever read. Congratulations, you did it (to quote Elf), this surpasses plagueis the wise’s statement “I would argue cold hails in the sc are better than cold mhc ((in the sc and spewing out of factories)).

OMEGALUL
Same to you pal, always love watching sperging rebels :lol:
Sweet revenge

lurker
Captain

Post#47 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:30 am

Boog wrote:
lurker wrote:I have evidence that the dev team changed so substantially that devs reinvent system they already implemented in a new way.

Looking at your mining site, it seems like the devs constantly change the internal stats on units and turrets. Empire burst turrets recently got nerfed. Hell, they nerfed both the Fathier and the Ognidae Oppressor (why the Fathier?). I suspect that they try to keep the attacking difficulty the same for both factions, but they probably also change things to try to squeeze xtals out of the imperial faction, which is larger and likely spends more.

I discovered recently that currently the animationDelay is to be added to the delay before each shot. It's highly possible that at the game's inception, the animationDelay was not added, and when dabbling with high animationDelay (the demolition droid was very noticeable, but also others, probably), the devs must have decided to add it. Of course, they didn't change the expected DPS (I seriously think no devs know how to compute this value). My site took into account the (new?) changed formula, but the change may have intervened much earlier.
Data miner

ASHII
Storm Trooper

Post#48 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:55 am

empires are leading in every planet conflicts... its clear this game became Disney vs Rebels. rebels are gonna quit this game day by day....disney[empire] winning; rebels lossing

Midge
Admiral

Post#49 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:53 am

Boog wrote:
bob1084 wrote:

Bob is right ... show video side by side, because you are misleading here.

It is clear that the damage per cycle in Papa's mining is 4200 to 3600 ... which certainly is not a 46% advantage. The Rebel jets do 1/6th more damage per cycle ... approximately 17% or so.

And even that is slightly misleading because of the different reload times (slightly faster for rebels) and shot delays (slightly longer for rebels) ... etc.

There have been a TON of trusted players on both sides that have done video comparisons of these in the LINE community. And, in general, it is a consensus that rebel jets are slightly better, SLIGHTLY. Sure, the more generous skins help some ... but again ... SLIGHTLY. And the Jet skins are not as generous as the ridiculous amount of power that base Imp RFTs have over the rebels.

All that aside ... I think it is easy for Imps to call it whining. Why not make everything even across the board? Can't complain about that. Doesn't seem difficult to do.

Or we can keep arguing about little numbers within the code and continue to try desperately to act like Rodain skinned snipers are equal to vanguards popping out of GR. Seems if they were equal, EVERY SINGLE rebel would use vanguards and fewer Imps would use Rodian skinned snipers.

But nope, pretty much 95% of the Imp community uses the Rodians ... and can even give them a med in their SC because of their lower cap. I think all jets all the time kind of sucks. Almost 100% of the high-level players in the game use a completely jet-centered loadout.

If 100% of attackers are using jets and it is ridiculous (which it is) then 100% of defenders using the same GR is ridiculous.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#50 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:18 am

bob1084 wrote:

It’s just like argueing that a reg at-at in the SC is better than two juggs because it does more damage. Even though the lower damage unts are weaker, they can actually roll into the fight and make a different with their superior numbers. This has been proven as seen in MANY a rebel SC. And so you know, a lot of imps stick with rodians instead of cold mhcs because of the painfully long spawning time for factories, the reduced damage mhcs do to flying units and the fact that it’s not as easy to tuck factories under shields vs. doing the same with barracks. I run rodians and int-4s instead of cold mhcs because they’re even easier to counter than rodians and there are generally less of them to counter in the first place. So thanks for saying my statement was idiotic without putting an ounce of thought into it.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”