Unbalance in the game

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
Shelendil
Admiral

Re: Unbalance in the game

Post#31 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:35 pm

Boog wrote:I don't see how it's unbalanced at all. I haven't seen any proof that imps do better on defense than rebs. The top 50 standings on all the planets in conflicts is more of a reflection of faction population, and not offensive and defensive imbalance. The top rebs seem to be doing fine on defense.

There was evidence of imps defending more in the last top 50/non-top 50 squad battle, but that was before GR was adjusted. I don't know if we have any current statistics.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

BeammeupScot
Captain

Post#32 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:46 pm

Piaresquare wrote:
Plagueis wrote:Kessen sniping is fine if you can pull it off consistently, if the bases you face aren’t set up to prevent the garbage and if the devs don’t suddenly decide that “Yes, kessen is OP, let’s nerf his special”. While vader can take some serious strategy to use, it becomes really easy to use him with practice. He will always run in and take turret fire, that’s for sure. The trick is to get him to take turret and SC troop fire when you want him to and time his twirl so he keeps your other stuff alive. Using vader isn’t about vader leading the charge and killing everything. It’s about him tanking so your other stuff can do it with impunity.

Oh, I agree. I just have yet to figure him out to the point of saying I’m anywhere near competent at him. He is on the still needs work list. I’ll get there.

Hello newbie , lol
Level 10 officer @ PartylikePorkins-" we bring home the bacon"
Member of partylike family
Line id: bmus6312
Transformers-earth wars
Download game here >
http://smart.link/574d76bf7b939?site_id=bmus " join partylikeprime"

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#33 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:26 pm

Slim wrote:Its probably been discussed many times...... but no change or comment from SWC.

Why do Imperials get snipers and rebels get Van Guards in Guard Reserves.... not least as Imperials use the Sniper upgrade and before you know it there's starships bombing you too! They're so much more powerful and knock a Jet with Jet skins on before you can get near them....

it seems so unfairly balanced i just can't understand the thinking.....unless of course the SWC staff are all imperials and want to give an unfair advantage?

Can someone confirm if this is being addressed as I am close to walking away from nearly 3 years of playing

Top Rebel defenders in the game have 11000 defenses. Top Imperial Defenders have 4,000. I believe that Imperials received Snipers to achieve more defenses, while Rebels got jet Buffs to encourage them to attack more.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

Piaresquare
Commander

Post#34 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:38 pm

BeammeupScot wrote:
Piaresquare wrote:
Plagueis wrote:Kessen sniping is fine if you can pull it off consistently, if the bases you face aren’t set up to prevent the garbage and if the devs don’t suddenly decide that “Yes, kessen is OP, let’s nerf his special”. While vader can take some serious strategy to use, it becomes really easy to use him with practice. He will always run in and take turret fire, that’s for sure. The trick is to get him to take turret and SC troop fire when you want him to and time his twirl so he keeps your other stuff alive. Using vader isn’t about vader leading the charge and killing everything. It’s about him tanking so your other stuff can do it with impunity.

Oh, I agree. I just have yet to figure him out to the point of saying I’m anywhere near competent at him. He is on the still needs work list. I’ll get there.

Hello newbie , lol

Well, I’m probably not a “newbi” but not yet we’ll seasoned. Sometimes I still feel like a noob.
Piaresquare - Darkpath
Darth Vicious - ByDesign

CoolGuy
Commodore

Post#35 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:06 pm

Cainamogel82 wrote:My two cents:
Imps are stronger with vehicles, rebels are stronger with infantry. So, the devs though process (I think?) was to release a defense unit that was specifically geared to attacking the oppositions MAIN offensive unit.

The problem happened when the skins were released which buffed both jets and jumps. I get attacked by Imps all of the time that use a slew of jumps and I get hammered. What the devs SHOULD have done (hindsight is 20/20) is release a buff for the AT-ST so that imps would want to use them and therefore the defensive vanguard buff would be balanced. Instead, they buffed the jumps and the vanguard barracks are basically unuseable. Add on the fact that there is now a skin for the sniper and not the vanguard and this becomes even more unbalanced.
-Jedi Eric

And Eric would know as he plays both side of the house. I'm an experienced level 10 player with over 130k combined windows and android medals. I cannot take out a strong level 10 imperial with perks activated - if I'm lucky I might get 1 star. However I am routinely smashed by opponents who are my equal, and that is primarily due to the GR imbalance.

lurker
Captain

Post#36 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:41 am

Euph wrote:
SFOne wrote:
MasterCheez0324 wrote:And just so you're aware, more devs play as rebels than imps.

Care to back this up with evidence?

It's common knowledge amongst the long time players because that's what the devs themselves told us on the now-dead official forum. 2 or 3 of them had personal Imp accounts and all the rest played Rebs. Whether that's still the case is anyone's guess.

I don't find it particularly relevant, just as an aside. The idea that the devs would favour one side over another just because they play them is pretty ridiculous.

I have evidence that the dev team changed so substantially that devs reinvent system they already implemented in a new way.
Data miner

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#37 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:02 am

lurker wrote:I have evidence that the dev team changed so substantially that devs reinvent system they already implemented in a new way.

Looking at your mining site, it seems like the devs constantly change the internal stats on units and turrets. Empire burst turrets recently got nerfed. Hell, they nerfed both the Fathier and the Ognidae Oppressor (why the Fathier?). I suspect that they try to keep the attacking difficulty the same for both factions, but they probably also change things to try to squeeze xtals out of the imperial faction, which is larger and likely spends more.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#38 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:46 am

I don't see a change to burst turrets?
ShadyRebels24

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#39 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:05 am

I'm seeing bursts with ~96% of the displayed damage per second. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought they were right at 100% of the displayed damage.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#40 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:16 pm

No, they've always been like that. Rebel ones are too.
ShadyRebels24

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”