Unbalance in the game

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
Shelendil
Admiral

Re: Unbalance in the game

Post#21 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:45 pm

Fixing the pathing on the skiff would be helpful.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

SFOne
Captain

Post#22 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:54 am

MasterCheez0324 wrote:Another crying rebel. Just do what imps have been doing and suck it up, because on defense rodians are pretty much the only counter to the brainless jet mob. And just so you're aware, more devs play as rebels than imps.

Care to back this up with evidence?

The old "imps don't cry about it" is a pile of :roll:

I see numerous posts about kessen being OP (really? C'mon) jets being OP next to Jumps (forgetting the true game stats like firing rate/dps etc, and the fact that imp GR spits out more HP on to the field of battle than rebel GR, AND has a highly effective infantry killer in there too).

The reality is both sides struggle with GR - I can see that. But I also see a lot of defensive wins where an imp just drops everything in one corner and hopes for the best. And then sometimes this gets a 1 - low 2 star victory if their buff levels are high enough. And I've had 4 turrets upgrading constantly since reaching level 10 so I feel like I shouldn't be winning any!

There is a key difference in experience between being stalled by being up to your neck in banthas and having your attack force wiped out within the first 30 seconds of the battle if you don't bait/distract. If Imps had to experience this, you can bet we'd be hearing your complaints loud and clear.
Rebel Level 10
Proud member of TheMidnightMob

Euph
Admiral

Post#23 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:31 am

SFOne wrote:
MasterCheez0324 wrote:And just so you're aware, more devs play as rebels than imps.

It's common knowledge amongst the long time players because that's what the devs themselves told us on the now-dead official forum. 2 or 3 of them had personal Imp accounts and all the rest played Rebs. Whether that's still the case is anyone's guess.

I don't find it particularly relevant, just as an aside. The idea that the devs would favour one side over another just because they play them is pretty ridiculous.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

MasterCheez0324
Captain

Post#24 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:40 am

SFOne wrote:
MasterCheez0324 wrote:Another crying rebel. Just do what imps have been doing and suck it up, because on defense rodians are pretty much the only counter to the brainless jet mob. And just so you're aware, more devs play as rebels than imps.

The old "imps don't cry about it" is a pile of :roll:

I see numerous posts about kessen being OP (really? C'mon) jets being OP next to Jumps (forgetting the true game stats like firing rate/dps etc, and the fact that imp GR spits out more HP on to the field of battle than rebel GR, AND has a highly effective infantry killer in there too).

The reality is both sides struggle with GR - I can see that. But I also see a lot of defensive wins where an imp just drops everything in one corner and hopes for the best. And then sometimes this gets a 1 - low 2 star victory if their buff levels are high enough. And I've had 4 turrets upgrading constantly since reaching level 10 so I feel like I shouldn't be winning any!

There is a key difference in experience between being stalled by being up to your neck in banthas and having your attack force wiped out within the first 30 seconds of the battle if you don't bait/distract. If Imps had to experience this, you can bet we'd be hearing your complaints loud and clear.

I just realized my wording was very confusing, I'm sorry for that. What I meant by it is that the rebs have always had the advantage, and no matter how much imps complained, the games stayed the same. Now that I'm have an advantage, it feels awkward for rebels to have the odds stacked against them. And about kessen, sure he works better for the rebs, just like the incinerator ship (vt49/hwk) works better for the imps, and to be fair , if you can land that shot, I applaud you, because that takes skill. And about the 2 stars, it happens to rebels as well, using the same strategies to faceplant, people gotta know the game isn't the same and should change their strategies. And there's a difference between being up your kneck in hero killing jumpers who can't be targeted by fighters and easily baitable and starship targetable snipers. Just change your strategies and move on, it's not easy but with time you'll get it.

Boog
Admiral

Post#25 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am

Piaresquare wrote:
Boog wrote:As a leve 8 with 58K+ medals, I think I know how to handle the SC, but thanks for the advice.

You are probably right, I’m still a fairly new player. Appoligize if I offended.

Lol, no problem.

As far as Kessen goes, I use him a lot, and when I'm attacking a level 10 base with a level 10 SC, I rarely if ever snipe the SC. I'm not even sure it's possible (I'm level 8 with level 8 Kessen), to be honest. But, on Tat I will go for 10's with the dekas gone, will drop a medic in a far corner, and will wait for infantry to spawn, then line up Kessen to the closest one and try to get the SC (never drops the SC when it's level 10, even on a direct hit). I drop a couple Rodians, then shock troopers. When the first guard wave gets in the clear, I drop the jumpers. I'll have a couple kubaz and a gamo ready to drop, and may drop a kubaz to get a near shield. IF the SC pops out jets at that point, I'll try to get the gamo and some storms out front to take initial fire, so Kessen and the Rodians can deal with the jets. If shit is going bad, I drop my SC to get four more Rodians out there. Things are normally ok then. I finished UC pretty easily in the last Tat conflict, and only had two face-plants, so the stategy usually works for me. As an 8, though, I need to avoid bases with GR flashing, both dekas up, and the SC for sure filled with jets. That's just a little too much.

That said, there are plenty other viable attacks. The other way to use Kessen is to pop the SC with a kubaz, drop some bait, then fire Kessen through the approaching jets. You won't kill them, but you'll do big damage and they'll be easier to kill with jumps (or Rodians).

XianLewis
Commodore

Post#26 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:22 pm

Piaresquare wrote:
Boog wrote:I'd recommend a few Rodians in the mix. That said, sometimes you just gotta shit your pants when you see the jumps pop out, lol.

No, no you don’t. Just learn to deal with the sc, then continue your attack. Don’t just go in and cross your fingers that the sc is empty or doesn’t have jets/sharps in it, plan on the sc to be full and make it part of your attack to deal with the sc or sc troops.

When I scout a base, I 1. Look for kessen snipe 2. How do I bait if I miss 3. What is my plan for Dekas 4. How and I going to get the shields down.

Not saying a perfect plan, but bases start getting very similar in lvl. Hd, ring, spread, left corner base used by most of nameless and some w.a.r. Players on hoth...

Pi

Blah Blah blah. I know how to bait an SC. I didn't get to this level with gems. However, strong bases make it difficult to bait.
Xianlewis
Officer of EternalForce
To join our squad or for more information visit http://tiny.cc/eternalforce or join groupchat http://tiny.cc/efchat

Cainamogel82
Squadron Leader

Post#27 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:45 pm

My two cents:
Imps are stronger with vehicles, rebels are stronger with infantry. So, the devs though process (I think?) was to release a defense unit that was specifically geared to attacking the oppositions MAIN offensive unit.

The problem happened when the skins were released which buffed both jets and jumps. I get attacked by Imps all of the time that use a slew of jumps and I get hammered. What the devs SHOULD have done (hindsight is 20/20) is release a buff for the AT-ST so that imps would want to use them and therefore the defensive vanguard buff would be balanced. Instead, they buffed the jumps and the vanguard barracks are basically unuseable. Add on the fact that there is now a skin for the sniper and not the vanguard and this becomes even more unbalanced.
-Jedi Eric

XitLiteNtrNite
Captain

Post#28 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:35 pm

SFOne wrote:
MasterCheez0324 wrote:I see numerous posts about kessen being OP (really? C'mon)...

Any single troop that can single handily wipe out the only defense a base has against an attack is OP. Yes, Kessen takes skill, but if you have Kessen (and a luga if you like) you can obliterate the squad center of the base you are attacking. After that, spam your jets and it is game over.
Paper Tiger

Boog
Admiral

Post#29 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:49 pm

I don't see how it's unbalanced at all. I haven't seen any proof that imps do better on defense than rebs. The top 50 standings on all the planets in conflicts is more of a reflection of faction population, and not offensive and defensive imbalance. The top rebs seem to be doing fine on defense.

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#30 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:40 pm

Euph wrote:
SFOne wrote:
MasterCheez0324 wrote:And just so you're aware, more devs play as rebels than imps.

It's common knowledge amongst the long time players because that's what the devs themselves told us on the now-dead official forum. 2 or 3 of them had personal Imp accounts and all the rest played Rebs. Whether that's still the case is anyone's guess.

I don't find it particularly relevant, just as an aside. The idea that the devs would favour one side over another just because they play them is pretty ridiculous.

Devs definitely favour the Rebels. I have evidence from this Dev base I attacked last week..... :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Main Account: Bacon (level 9). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Squad - NewSithEmpire
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - AUS-Darth_Gump

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”